Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
kairokats
Webkinz :)

kairokats is an unknown quantity at this point

Question Answered: Changed dial-up to high speed - Webkinz locking up

I have recently changed from AOL dial up to high speed HughesNet. Now I can not stay on Webkinz more than a few minutes and I get the dreaded "Please Wait". It seems to happen most often after completing a class at the Kinzville Academy, when exiting a game at the arcade, or when finding a gem at the Curio Shop. I end up having to log out and do not get my items! I have cleared Cache and Cookies and tried IE and Firefox without an affect. The web site when I log in has an "return user &AOL" in it. Maybe that's the problem?

Any hints you can give would be appreciated.
kairokats is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Azriel
The way HughesNet works, you will not ever be able to work with a large Flash program like WW. Since satellites are expensive to put up, they probably are sharing a satellite which means that at times you will not get the speeds that they advertise. Furthermore, they are notoriously unreliable in bad weather. Also, the company has a limit on downloading so there is "fair sharing" amongst subscribers. That means if you go over, they shut you down for 24 hours. I can see people who can't get DSL or cable to have to take what you can get but... I read up on the company and no one has been happy with it.

Honestly, it seems to be cheaper to get yourself either a Sprint wireless connection or an iPhone with AT&T because you can tether your phone and use it as a modem...

I can't believe this company is still in business... well, I can believe it but I don't think they will be for very long as phone companies start gearing up the wireless connectivity. Basically, if you can get cell reception, you can get the internet. Sorry you two... get out when you can.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Changed dial-up to high speed - Webkinz locking up

Make sure you have the most recent version of adobe flash installed, and the most recent versions of your web browsers.

If you're still having problems on Monday, call Ganz customer service.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

laurenbot is just really nicelaurenbot is just really nice

Angry Re: Changed dial-up to high speed - Webkinz locking up

PLEASE, please, please!!! let me know if you ever get this resolved. We have Hughesnet too and I have not been able to sucessfully login to WW for 2 months now. Yet before that point it was running fine. WW is the only website we have trouble with. We have tried EVERYTHING. We have cleared cache and cookies several hundred times, tried IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and several different versions of each. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of Flash. Called Hughesnet 4 times, supposedly no problems there. Called Webkinz 5 times and emailed them more times than I can count. They said our accounts are fine, so it's our computer, and therefore, our problem. Nice help there. I even went back to the exact day this problem started and deleted the one Windows update that installed that day. Nothing helps.

Every time I try to login I get an error message or it loads partway and locks up. I get a successful login maybe once in every 50 logins. But even then I only get 1 or 2 dailies done and it locks up again. I am assuming either it is a Webkinz server issue, (which they deny) or Hughesnet or my computer are just too slow. I have had to go to our library just to do my dailies. I have given up ever getting help with this issue.

And I don't think the "return user &AOL" has anything to do with it. I get the same thing but we've never even used AOL. Please PM me if you find a solution?!?!?! If I could afford it, I would get a new computer and/or upgrade Hughesnet just to see if it helps.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works. I feel for you!!!

Laurenbot
Lonely without my Webkinz
laurenbot is offline Female
Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

The way HughesNet works, you will not ever be able to work with a large Flash program like WW. Since satellites are expensive to put up, they probably are sharing a satellite which means that at times you will not get the speeds that they advertise. Furthermore, they are notoriously unreliable in bad weather. Also, the company has a limit on downloading so there is "fair sharing" amongst subscribers. That means if you go over, they shut you down for 24 hours. I can see people who can't get DSL or cable to have to take what you can get but... I read up on the company and no one has been happy with it.

Honestly, it seems to be cheaper to get yourself either a Sprint wireless connection or an iPhone with AT&T because you can tether your phone and use it as a modem...

I can't believe this company is still in business... well, I can believe it but I don't think they will be for very long as phone companies start gearing up the wireless connectivity. Basically, if you can get cell reception, you can get the internet. Sorry you two... get out when you can.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 10-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Sorry to hear about that! I completely agree with Azriel - HughesNet is terrible. Try leaving HughesNet and switching over to something else. Sorry if I'm not being much help - good luck!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Hmm... Sounds like it may be time to find another internet provider

Where I live, there is a free dialup service. It's not perfect but it works pretty well. Maybe, if you're happy with your new service for other things, you can use a free dialup service for WW? Not ideal, but might be a solution if you want to stay with Hughesnet.
Closed