Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

Default Answered: Change European account to American?

Hi everyone!
I made an account that is European and realized it was not a great decision...
How can I change it? I tried calling 1-800-WEBKINZ and it was a weird toll free number
about credit checking.... I've emailed support@ganz.com and no one has responded.
Anyone know what to do?
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Smile4me
Kitty,

I am really sorry that you are having this problem. As others have already said, the phone number to Ganz is not an 1-800 number, it is 1-866-WEBKINZ.

If the account is less than thirty days you have a much better chance that the customer service representative will be willing to help you. (that is not a guarantee though)

If you have a different account I would start transferring as much of your things from the Asian account to your other account. If they do help make an adjustment to the Asian account you will most likely lose what you still have on that account.

Good luck and I hope that Ganz can help you make this change!

View Post Originally Posted by rainforest home
Well, I can say from personal experience, you are stuck with the Europeon account! Sorry, but that is the way it is...

I opened an Asian account and discovered I could not make it Plus Chat. I called Ganz Estore (1-866-932-5469 in Canada) as I had made the account Deluxe BEFORE I knew it would not accept Plus Chat. Ganz was very good about transfering the Deluxe status to a North American account, but I had to open an new one for that to happen, sigh!

So I am now the proud parent of three different accounts
Thank you for sharing your experience with your Asian account. I am very sorry that things didn't work out well for you when you added Deluxe to the account.

How long ago was it that they did not allow Plus chat on the Asian accounts? I was planning on adding Deluxe to my Asian account, but I don't want to waist the money if I can't have Plus Chat with it.

Thanks again for any help you can give me!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Change European account to American?

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
Hi everyone!
I made an account that is European and realized it was not a great decision...
How can I change it? I tried calling 1-800-WEBKINZ and it was a weird toll free number
about credit checking.... I've emailed support@ganz.com and no one has responded.
Anyone know what to do?
I know this answer seems sad, but it's true. Once you have registered with a certain time zone, you cannot change it, as far as I know. Sorry--but hey! There might be some benifits--like getting gifts a bit sooner or rare items for before school~!
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

An account can have it's time zone switched by a Ganz tech support person. However, they are VERY reluctant to do it and it is NOT easy.

Way back when Asian and European time accounts first started (fall of 2007), a number of people were confused by the time zone choice directions and accidently put some new accounts into the wrong time zones. Ganz would change them, but first you had to remove EVERYTHING from the accounts -- yes, even the kinzcash!! So, you had to transfer absolutely everything off, the account got fixed, then you moved all the stuff back.

So, if you are willing do all that work, plus have other accounts to store the stuff on, and if Ganz will still make that change, it could be done.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
hy not?
Webkinz :)

rainforest home has a spectacular aura about

Well, I can say from personal experience, you are stuck with the Europeon account! Sorry, but that is the way it is...

I opened an Asian account and discovered I could not make it Plus Chat. I called Ganz Estore (1-866-932-5469 in Canada) as I had made the account Deluxe BEFORE I knew it would not accept Plus Chat. Ganz was very good about transfering the Deluxe status to a North American account, but I had to open an new one for that to happen, sigh!

rainforest home is offline Female
Old 08-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

Just to clarify my earlier post -- yes, it IS possible for your account to be changed -- but, NO they will almost definitely NOT do it for you.

Maybe, if you could explain how it was a MISTAKE, there is a chance they would help you. That is why they did it back in 2007 for some people. But, in your case of just making a poor choice by picking that time zone -- they almost certainly will not do it. If they were to do that for you, then many more might ask for the same thing.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Ganz Telephone: 1-866-WEBKINZ * 1-866-932-5469
You can always give them a call and see what they say.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
aiting Patiently
Gifted

Smile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty,

I am really sorry that you are having this problem. As others have already said, the phone number to Ganz is not an 1-800 number, it is 1-866-WEBKINZ.

If the account is less than thirty days you have a much better chance that the customer service representative will be willing to help you. (that is not a guarantee though)

If you have a different account I would start transferring as much of your things from the Asian account to your other account. If they do help make an adjustment to the Asian account you will most likely lose what you still have on that account.

Good luck and I hope that Ganz can help you make this change!

View Post Originally Posted by rainforest home

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Asian account. I am very sorry that things didn't work out well for you when you added Deluxe to the account.

How long ago was it that they did not allow Plus chat on the Asian accounts? I was planning on adding Deluxe to my Asian account, but I don't want to waist the money if I can't have Plus Chat with it.

Thanks again for any help you can give me!

Last edited by Smile4me; 08-23-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Smile4me is offline Female
Closed