Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
MamadukeOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Can't start playing...help for a friends please!!

Hi everyone...hoping someone can help me with something.
Bought a friend's little boy a Webkinz and they're having trouble getting started.
They have adopted his pet, given him a name and gone through the whole process of selecting a username etc.
Now they're on the page which gives the options of either adopting a new pet...or start playing your Webkinz (or something to that effect) but when they click on the 'play' option it stays on the same screen and in the bottom left hand corner of the computer screen it says that there's a page load error.
I've sent off an email in the 'contact us' section of Webkinz for them but if anyone has any ideas, suggestions as to what may be causing this I'd love to know.
Thanks in advance!
MamadukeOz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
you're not alone
Webkinz :)

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Default Re: Can't start playing...help for a friends please!!

I suggest calling Ganz! Make sure you dont take the crap when they tell you its not there fualt lol!
~mm
Welcome to WI
Read the rules and FAQ!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #3

Superballerina* is on a distinguished road

I agree with minimaid. call ganz and they will most likely do something to help. I hope it gets fixed soon! good luck!
Superballerina* is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Lil Kinz
MamadukeOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestions...I don't think the Mum will be too pleased about calling Ganz considering we're in Australia!
I feel awful for them...last year I bought their son a 'Funkeys' computer toy which never worked and now this year another toy which refuses to work!

---------- MamadukeOz added 10 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

Just another thing...where in the world can I find the Ganz phone number?!!!

---------- MamadukeOz added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

Doesn't matter, I've found the phone number...going to suggest the Mum send a customer service email through the Ganz site but if anyone else has any ideas as to what this problem could be I'm all ears.

Last edited by MamadukeOz; 10-25-2008 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MamadukeOz is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #5

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Did they pick the correct time zone and language on the log in page ? Also It is a new account so it may take a little while to load. Do they have the flash player installed ? If they Installed the Flash Player before playing the game they may have to restart computer. But after some though I think they may have to reinstall flash player. Hope this helps.. Oh mozilla foxfire works faster then IE, this may also help.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
I have over 150

daisyrockgirl will become famous soon enough

Maybe it has something to do with the computer... I don't know, calling or sending in a nice letter might help, but phone calls might be a little better.
daisyrockgirl is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

First, be sure that the computer is accepting cookies from Ganz- they are needed to run
the site and keep your data correct. If their computer is set to block all cookies, that can be a big problem.

I've found that adding www.webkinz.com/* to my safe site list helped with
similar problems on my childrens' accounts. (The slash/asterisk is a wildcard that allows any of the pages from the site to be included.)

Also, you have to have Adobe Flash player installed for the site to run properly.
It is a free program available here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Even if you (or they) already have Flash on their computer, be sure it is the most current version.
They just had a big update within the last 7 days ....

Have you tried to close the screen and log back in with the regular login?

If all these things have been checked, and they still cannot log in, then you'll definitely need to contact Ganz.

They have been uber-glitchy this month after the rollout of the Halloween items,
and the addition of all the other language options. I am not sure exactly what is causing your friend's problem, but eliminating a few will at least narrow it down! Sometimes, eliminating the potential problems can correct them!

Here is the contact info thread:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t247012.html

I hope he can get it fixed up soon! No fun to have a new pet you can't play with!

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-25-2008 at 11:06 PM..
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

What browser are you using lots of people use IE so try firefox or safari!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #9
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I know it's a bummer but I thought Ganz was not accepting anymore emails so you might have to call then anyway. Here's a link to the customer service for error messages. Explain that you just can't get in.

http://customerservice.webkinz.com/cs/us_en/em.php

My guess is that it is not Flash related because if your Fash was not working, the link to log on would have the Adobe Flash emblem letting you know that you can't access the site until Flash is properly installed. The cookies thing is plausible but easiest thing to do is to SAVE your tag and contact Ganz by opening up a ticket (go to the link and tell them your problem). Good luck!
Azriel is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #10
1smiley

That happened to me once with one of my adoptions. I just logged off and when I logged back on, my pet was in a room and his prizes were in the dock.
Closed