Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
JES13, tigger74
Webkinz :)

kinzacademy is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Can't see dock, display is cropped

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I need some help and a search didn't turn anything up. When my child logged into Webkinz today, the display for the site is cut off on the left, right and bottom. Our screen resolution was properly set as indicate FAQ on the Webkinz site. However, we can't do anything on the site because we can't see anything. I can't figure out how to fix it or how to contact Ganz (I can't use the website because I can't see enough of the contact form on the screen due to this issue!). Does anyone know how to contact Ganz either by email or by phone? Until I get this resolved, I can't contact them through the site.

Here are examples of what we see: In the first below, you can see the plain green field around the normal log in page. In the 2nd you can see how the dock and sides are cut off. I'm not sure if you can tell in the 2nd pic but this is a screen shot of the full view we are getting and the left side is cut off in addition to the right and the dock at the bottom.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

If you can't see the photos, I think you can access them here:

Picasa Web Albums - 10686461259559696... - Untitled Album

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can offer. Moderators, please let me know if I need to post this elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Gifted

monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!

Default Re: Can't see dock, display is cropped

The number for Ganz is 1-866-WEBKINZ. But they're only open Monday through Friday.
Also, regarding the first picture, have you tried clicking the button to the right of the minimize button? It makes the screen smaller (but not minimized). When you do that, I think it should make the green go away.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

Try this:

Quote:
Windows 98/2000/XP Users
  1. Right-click on your desktop (away from any icons or open windows)
  2. Select "Properties"
  3. This will open your Display Properties Control Panel.
  4. Click on the "Settings" tab.
  5. In the middle of this panel, you will see your "Screen Resolution" slider. Slide this to the right, until you get to 1024x768 (higher resolutions are okay, but make sure that they are compatible with your monitor). Press "OK" to confirm your choice.
  6. Your monitor will flicker a bit then change to its new settings. You're now ready to go!
Windows Vista Users
  • Method 1: From the desktop
    1. Right-click on your desktop (away from any icons or open windows)
    2. Click "Personalize"
    3. At the bottom of the list, click "Display Settings".
    4. Use the slider bar to select your desired resolution (1024x768 or higher)
    5. Click OK.
  • Method 2: From Control Panel
    1. Click the Start button (it's still called that, it just doesn't say "Start" on it anymore)
    2. Click "Control Panel"
    3. Under "Appearance and Personalization", select "Adjust Screen Resolution".
    4. Use the slider bar to select your desired resolution (1024x768 or higher)
    5. Click OK.
Mac Users
  1. Go to the Apple menu at the top left-hand corner of the screen, and choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
  2. Select "Displays"
  3. Select 1024 x 768 or a higher resolution that is compatible with your monitor.
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 05-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #4

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Hmm....I think you might have to change your zoom level. On the bottom part of the screen where it has the time, there should be a little picture of a glass thingy that has a + on it. click on it to increase or decrease your zoom level. See if that helps.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
I Wiki

purplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
I have a netbook and I get the same problem, thankfully I have found a solution! It's called Webkinz With Scroll bars.

Need a link? Here you go:

~Webkinz With Scroll Bars~ <---
Yea, that's what I reccomend doing.
purplemonster80 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #6

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
I have a netbook and I get the same problem, thankfully I have found a solution! It's called Webkinz With Scroll bars.

Need a link? Here you go:

~Webkinz With Scroll Bars~ <---
Webkinz with Scroll Bars sounds like an easy solution, and no messing around with teach stuff.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Try a different server or call GANZ OR use another computer if you have more than one.
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
Gifted

iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible
iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible

It's always like that. I for one like that better then having to use scroll bars in a tiny window.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
ebkinz

Cherrios is a name known to allCherrios is a name known to allCherrios is a name known to all

Ohs wells.

Can you come to my forum? -- Webkinz Hospital --

I've been working really hard on it. Please tell me how it is. Or how about submitting a friend?
Cherrios is offline Female
Closed