Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 03:29 AM   #31
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Can't name my pet 'Diamond'???

View Post Originally Posted by ladybuglydia
That's weird cause my daughter has an unicorn named Diamond but she's had it for quite a while. I wish they would go back to the old system where you could use almost any name. We also tried to name a pet Simon the other day and it wouldn't let us use that either. It just doesn't make sense sometimes.
with simon it is the 'mon' part of it.................. i know it makes no sense...................

again, if it were me id use the caps option with the number SIM0N

but lots of people dont like that option................. you can change the spelling

simun........... simyn............... symyn................

redbears thread has other options too.................. thats all i remember

and your daughter probably named the unicorn pet,diamond, before this filter went into effect.
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #32
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

The name filter is so frustrating! I tried to name my manatee "Violet" and it wouldn't let me do that, either. I think someone was seriously confused when they put the filter in.

My other pet peeve is the new room naming system -- in a word it STINKS. Can't they at least add some descriptive terms like colors or seasons instead of limiting you to your pet's names for the room names? I really, really wonder what their logic is, or what exactly happened to cause these horrendous filters to be added.

Growl, growl, grrr! (I need more coffee, sorry for the rant!)

Anyway, I think the name "Diamond" is perfect for an albino horse and it's a shame the OP can't use it. How about "Platinum" or "Glitter" or "Crystal"?

Good luck getting your name - you should be able to have what you want!
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #33

yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!

Yes, that is very weird! I tried to name my pet "Sea Shell", and it wouldn't let me, probably because of the part in "Shell". I had to go with "Sea She11", and it's looks terrible! Well, I hope you get it working.
yeahdudes is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #34
NaNo WC: 50,000!
Gift Guru

inlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roost

There has been a lot of inconvinience with pet naming for a while now, and as others have said, its usually because of different letter combinations. I dont know why, But i wish I did. To name your pet Diam0nd would get you to use the name, althogh i can understand how you wouldnt want to put a number in the middle of his name.
I've also found it abit frustrating they wont let yo use periods in a pet's name, like if you were calling it Mr.Something. I wanted to call one of my pets T.J, but they woudlnt allow the period so i had to call it T-J. I dont see where using the period or the slash makes much of a difference.
All i can say is I hope the glitch, or whatever it is, gets correxted so we can use the names there are nothing wrong with!
Good luck!
Stitch
inlovewithstitch626 is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #35

yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear
The name filter is so frustrating! I tried to name my manatee "Violet" and it wouldn't let me do that, either. I think someone was seriously confused when they put the filter in.

My other pet peeve is the new room naming system -- in a word it STINKS. Can't they at least add some descriptive terms like colors or seasons instead of limiting you to your pet's names for the room names? I really, really wonder what their logic is, or what exactly happened to cause these horrendous filters to be added.

Growl, growl, grrr! (I need more coffee, sorry for the rant!)

Anyway, I think the name "Diamond" is perfect for an albino horse and it's a shame the OP can't use it. How about "Platinum" or "Glitter" or "Crystal"?

Good luck getting your name - you should be able to have what you want!

I agree, I can't even name my room "Aztec Room"!
yeahdudes is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #36
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
For some reason, when adopting my newest webkin, it told me that the name I'd chosen- Diamond- contained 'a word they did not allow'. What??? What could possibly be misconstrued about 'Diamond'?

I halted the adoption because I had my heart set on naming him Diamond (he's an albino horse). This is rather upsetting for me, because I don't want to name him anything else. Should I contact Ganz? Is this a 'glitch' or problem that will correct itself if I wait?

What should I do??

***Updated to say that I did a little research into the matter, starting by checking out tournament results in the arena. I noticed someone with a pet named "Monkey". Thinking maybe it had to do with where combinations of letters were in a word, I tried naming my horse 'Monkey' and it still wouldn't allow it!

On the flip-side, I tried naming a pet using other letter combinations people have said were not allowed. I tried naming a pet 'Leila' and it did had no problem with it! I also tried 'la la'
and 'loo' and 'ashley' and every single time, it allowed it! I don't know what's going on, but this seems pretty arbitrary to me, and it's only making me more annoyed! >=(

:husky::husky:
I ran into this problem a couple of times and as silly as it seems to all of us it has something to do with their dictionary. What you will need to do is contact Ganz and their representative will need to manually add the name Diamond. They know about this, but I have the feeling that right now they have bigger fish to fry trying to solve some of the more important glitches for us. So as annoying as it is just call and they will help you.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #37
Ck the
Gifted

clearkinz2351 will become famous soon enough

I couldn't name my Whimsey Dragon Diamond, either. They don't like mon. I think I know why but it shouldn't be said. If I'm wrong my new theory is that....it's plain weird.
clearkinz2351 is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #38
call meh ciara. :)

cmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clown

i dobnt mean to say a bad word but someone named there sea otter "farty mc **** ****" how would they name it that if ganz dosent allow. diamond! lOL
cmb123 is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #39
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

That happened to me too!!!! I tried to name my Crocodile Monty (After Steve Irwin's Crocodile) and I was really upset when it said " You have used a word that is not allowed" I was really upset, but I have a pet named Diamond too, she is a lil'kinz black and white cat .
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #40
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Oh that stinks! I'm so sorry for you.. Maybe it's because 'diamond' sounds like 'die' even though it's not really spelled that way.. Just a thought. Anyways you could try other whtie jewels..If I knew of any I would tell you! The only one I could think of is Pearl and that's kind of girlish!

Good luck! Best Wishes!
lucky3900 is offline Female
Closed