Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
harlequinn

Default Unanswered: Can't name my pet 'Diamond'???

For some reason, when adopting my newest webkin, it told me that the name I'd chosen- Diamond- contained 'a word they did not allow'. What??? What could possibly be misconstrued about 'Diamond'?

I halted the adoption because I had my heart set on naming him Diamond (he's an albino horse). This is rather upsetting for me, because I don't want to name him anything else. Should I contact Ganz? Is this a 'glitch' or problem that will correct itself if I wait?

What should I do??

***Updated to say that I did a little research into the matter, starting by checking out tournament results in the arena. I noticed someone with a pet named "Monkey". Thinking maybe it had to do with where combinations of letters were in a word, I tried naming my horse 'Monkey' and it still wouldn't allow it!

On the flip-side, I tried naming a pet using other letter combinations people have said were not allowed. I tried naming a pet 'Leila' and it did had no problem with it! I also tried 'la la'
and 'loo' and 'ashley' and every single time, it allowed it! I don't know what's going on, but this seems pretty arbitrary to me, and it's only making me more annoyed! >=(

:husky::husky:

Last edited by harlequinn; 01-13-2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Can't name my pet 'Diamond'???

yeah GANZ has some wierd restriction on the simple combination of letters , such as "as" or "oo" and so on...I tried naming my bat "Leila" and i couldn't b/c "la" isn't allowed! why, i don't know! sorry about that...
how about naming it:
Ashton, Snowbell, Snowball, Pearl, Jasmine, Daisy, Tulip, Daffodil, Rose, or visit the naming shops for more ideas! Good luck!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
For some reason, when adopting my newest webkin, it told me that the name I'd chosen- Diamond- contained 'a word they did not allow'. What??? What could possibly be misconstrued about 'Diamond'?

I halted the adoption because I had my heart set on naming him Diamond (he's an albino horse). This is rather upsetting for me, because I don't want to name him anything else. Should I contact Ganz? Is this a 'glitch' or problem that will correct itself if I wait?

What should I do??

:husky::husky:
You can't use the letter combination "mon" for some obscure reason. However, try spelling it in all capital letters, and substitute the number "0" (zero) instead of the letter "O". It will look the same and it should go through.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
montanarose9

Diam0nd- it'll work.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

They don't like mon for some reason. I could not name my chipmunk Simon.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #6
harlequinn

This is absolutely ridiculous.

So, apparently the combination of 'hel' is alright, as well as 'fu', but not 'mon'?? What POSSIBLE inappropriate word contains that combination of letters? None that I can think of. Are they worried too many people will be naming their pets Monday? ???

Ugh, this is just downright disappointing, if not infuriating, and I will be calling their customer service department tomorrow if for nothing else than to at least complain! >=(

If the people at Ganz absolutely cannot be reasoned with...I'm thinking of naming him Diamante, which means Diamond in spanish (it sounds more boy-ish anyway).

---------- harlequinn added 36 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
They don't like mon for some reason. I could not name my chipmunk Simon.
And marnabear, that is GARBAGE that you could not name your chipmunk Simon (how cute!). The Webkinz site needs to be more considerate of it's users, and the people at Ganz need to start putting more effort into their lazy programming.

Last edited by harlequinn; 01-13-2009 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #7

thok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy day
thok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy day

That's weird, I've gotten some Webkinz recently, and they had some letters in their names that they don't allow for you guys (like "la" and "mon"), but they were allowed for me.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 AM   #8
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Here is the link to RedBear's thread on this subject, she has done an enormous amount of work on this problem since the new crazy name-filter was introduced in September:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t386700.html

I just tested it, and Diamond is refused, but both DIAM0ND and Diamante are OK.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

just like webberlily said, use numbers instead.............. like this: DIAM0ND
and then that will work. ive done this dozens of times................... good luck
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #10
harlequinn

View Post Originally Posted by thok999365
That's weird, I've gotten some Webkinz recently, and they had some letters in their names that they don't allow for you guys (like "la" and "mon"), but they were allowed for me.
Interesting...maybe we don't have the combinations right. Could you tell us some of the names you were allowed to use with them?

---------- harlequinn added 66 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Here is the link to RedBear's thread on this subject, she has done an enormous amount of work on this problem since the new crazy name-filter was introduced in September:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t386700.html

I just tested it, and Diamond is refused, but both DIAM0ND and Diamante are OK.
Ah, thanks for the link! I just edited my post to say I'd tested it right before I read this. Maybe pets with names that are now 'unacceptable' were adopted before September? Although, that wouldn't explain why I am able to register under some names that others still cannot.

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
just like webberlily said, use numbers instead.............. like this: DIAM0ND
and then that will work. ive done this dozens of times................... good luck
Thanks for the idea, but I really don't want to have to name a pet in all Caps for any reason...it just wouldn't fit in with the rest of my pet names!

Last edited by harlequinn; 01-13-2009 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed