Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
luckiestmom
Webkinz :)

mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!

Default Answered: Can't Get Login Screen

Is anyone else having trouble logging onto WW this afternoon? I was fine this morning, but now I can't even get a login screen - just blank green. I have cleared my cache and I have tried to logon both thru IE and Firefox. I also installed updates to my adobe flash and restarted. Anyone have any other suggestions????
mkivvy is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by mkivvy
Thanks to everyone who replied!

It turned out that our pop-up blocker (Symantec) was suddenly identifying the login screen as an ad. Don't know if it was a recent Symantec update that accounted for the change or if WW had changed something in its coding that now makes it look like an ad. Anyway, we set the pop-up blocker to permit the login url to load. It still takes awhile (1-2 minutes) but at least I get the login screen and can log in (though that takes about 10 minutes these days). I still don't understand why this problem showed up so suddenly, tho.

I only hope my experience may help someone else.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Default Re: Can't Get Login Screen

try retyping www.webkinz.com and see if that helps
Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
luckiestmom

mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!

Well, it was worth a try, but I still can't get anything but the green screen.
mkivvy is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #4

Myersnks has a brilliant futureMyersnks has a brilliant futureMyersnks has a brilliant futureMyersnks has a brilliant futureMyersnks has a brilliant future

If it takes to long on the green W screen I close it and log in again. It always seems to work for me. Good luck!
Myersnks is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
luckiestmom

Thanks, Myersnks, but I've tried that, too without luck.
mkivvy is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Banned
chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!

good luck on this gltich!!
chipmunk2 is offline Male
Old 09-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
luckiestmom

BTW, I called Ganz and they were no help at all - just insisted I needed to clear the cache which I've done at least 3 times now on both browsers.

Well, I guess I'll have to try later...

Last edited by mkivvy; 09-10-2009 at 02:44 PM..
mkivvy is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
blake3249

debs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud of

Smile Re: Can't Get Login Screen

I've had the same problem..not today though. Do a search for Webkinz.com (I did mine through Google)then go through the parents area to login. That's how I was able to get in. Hope this works.
debs_267 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

http://mci2.webkinz.com//loader4.php...ser&aol=0&fs=0

If that helps
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #10

laurenbot is just really nicelaurenbot is just really nice

I have been having trouble for almost month now. I do get the login screen, but it usually locks up after that or I get an error message. I have called Webkinz 4 times and actually got someone moderately helpful today. One thing she told me is that you have to clear the cache and the cookies on ALL your browsers at once. I have been using IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. I tried clearing everything on all 3 browsers and it did let me in on occasion, but I'm still having trouble with it locking up. I tried increasing the storage allotted for Flash Player and Firefox. Again, it helped getting in, but still locking up.

The customer service rep then suggested going to someone else's house and checking their computer settings. Since we live out in the country in the middle of nowhere, I can't really do that. So I thought writing here might help. Maybe we can compare settings and what we have tried to find a common problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2 different versions of Flash (9 and 10). And BTW, my DH says you need to install one for each browser. I had no clue about that??? But it didn't seen to help either.

I am using Hughesnet for Internet access. I was thinking they might be the problem, because their tech support is even worse than Webkinz. But they "claim" that everything is working on their end.

DH and I will be tinkering around with the computer tonight and I'll let you know if we have better luck. Until then, good luck! I hope we can get this figured out. I have no life and Webkinz was my life. Now it's gone. Sniff!

And if there is anyone else out there having trouble, please post and let us know what you have tried. Thanks soooo much!
laurenbot is offline Female
Closed