Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Default Re: Can't Get Items From Storage?

My signature ends with: Which of my 6 computers, 13 browsers, 3 ISPs and 3 plus 3 ++ accounts will that site try to blame things on today? In other words it started with them having {at least} 1 bad server, which that account is on. I have 50 or so items, only, in my dock at this time yet can't access it; I could not access it at 4 this morning, either. I am usually on fiber optic high speed as well as having access/use to at least 6 computers {2 Mac}, 13 browsers {some Mac only}, 3 different ISPs {including the fiber optic, but all are high speed} and have 1 account in Asian, British and American zones plus 'sit'/have access to 2 Asians and 2 American accounts. It's the site, and those accounts affected 'all the time' are probably on the #1 'bad server' -- seems to be at least 2 different bad servers because the HHH is messed up on hundreds of accounts that are not on the other bad server. Thanks for helping me add data to this/these ongoing "not 'glitches'" {they are problems}.

Some have suggested, for those few having the issue with the dock due to loading {actually have hundreds of items, if that is the actual case with that account} to buy something like the rattan storage units {they hold 8 of most items just not food} and cost $100 kc in the wshop. I can't do anything with what's in my dock for the most part because it's 2 unopened super bed boxes, wallpaper, flooring and things like that, even if that was the issue in my case. This problem never happens in any of the other accounts not even the ones the 'kid' has {with hundreds of things in her dock}.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

I have had this happen daily on one particular account for the past few weeks, it seems to be an issue during the day, but late at night I can open my dock. I guess this could be a server issue, or the server our accounts are logged in/registered in causing the problem.

I don't have as much in my dock as I used to on this account - just PSF/Recipe Foods/Walls/Floors and coupons mainly.
commodore is offline Female
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
Holie07
Webkinz :)

holie07 is a name known to allholie07 is a name known to allholie07 is a name known to all

you probably have way too many things in storage!!! when you log on take things out of the itenerary thing and set them down somewhere than log out and do the same thing. after doing this a couple of times you will probably be fine
holie07 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Gift Trainee

susanbeth is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having the same problem and my pets are hungry. I have food in my dock and I can't get to it. I don't have over 200 items stored and I don't know what to do. I bought a vacation thinking I could get some food there but that automatically goes into the never ending loop of filling the boxes. Any suggestions? I have logged on and off at least a dozen times and have used different browsers. Help>>>>
Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
Mad at Ganz!
Webkinz :)

catekinz will become famous soon enough

These only happens to me on my American accounts. I have several accounts in the 3 time zones. I don't have any issues with the docks in Euro or Asia anytime of the day. But American docks will not load for me until after about 9/10pm EST Then they load just fine. I have taken my dock down to 75 items and over 500, that has not changed a thing. Also number of pets or rooms doesn't seem to matter. I have 1 account with 150 pets and another with 2. Same issue on both. I feel it's a database server issue, they probably need to add more database servers to the American cloud.
catekinz is offline Male
Old 03-02-2009, 03:19 AM   #16
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by holie07
you probably have way too many things in storage!!! when you log on take things out of the itenerary thing and set them down somewhere than log out and do the same thing. after doing this a couple of times you will probably be fine
That is highly doubtful -- except in rare cases it is always something to do with that specific account, the server it is on -- other accounts {NOT affected} have been known to have hundreds and even thousands of items in their dock yet have never had any problems with that at all. As for the other, sure, that will get some things out of dock {with enough room and/or storage units} but since that is rarely the problem {amount of things in the dock} it's also rare that it does anything to fix the dock loading problem. BTW, why would someone have to log out inbetween sections of taking things out of dock? It will scroll other items in to view. Also, in my case, there is nothing I can do with the very few items in my dock -- 2 unopened super bed boxes which I do NOT want to open, with the rest being a few coupons and some wallpaper/flooring which I do NOT want to use. There is no where to put those items unless I send them off to another account or something which still wouldn't solve the problem because it is the server/that account -- I've had as low as zero, 1 or under a dozen items in that dock and it has always given my problems.

---------- KeyLargo added 9 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by susanbeth
I'm having the same problem and my pets are hungry. I have food in my dock and I can't get to it. I don't have over 200 items stored and I don't know what to do. I bought a vacation thinking I could get some food there but that automatically goes into the never ending loop of filling the boxes. Any suggestions? I have logged on and off at least a dozen times and have used different browsers. Help>>>>
You will most likely have to call Ganz, even though if it has to do with the HHH problem{s} it's not going to do much if anything at all but for a very little bit of time {before all the HHHs plummet back down}|. I'm not real clear on why vacation and all would also put your dock in to the loading problem. They definitely to have a look at your account and fix it.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 03-02-2009 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #17
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by Delta
Whenever I do anything that involves getting items from storage, I get put into an endless loop of watching various items be sorted into the bins, with no end result. (Not that that's not entertaining or anything.) It happens when I click Get Items From Storage, try to sell to the W-Shop, or try to send at the Kinz Post. Thus, no way to get my items!

I have Windows Vista Home Premium, and so far I have tried; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Google Chrome, all with the same result. I'm sure others have the same problem and I'm sure it's just another lovely bug and will get fixed sometime in the near future, but just all those struggling, your not alone!
I have found that if I clear my cookies and temp Internet files, it loads a lot better and faster.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
BTW, why would someone have to log out inbetween sections of taking things out of dock? It will scroll other items in to view. Also, in my case, there is nothing I can do with the very few items in my dock -- 2 unopened super bed boxes which I do NOT want to open, with the rest being a few coupons and some wallpaper/flooring which I do NOT want to use. There is no where to put those items unless I send them off to another account or something which still wouldn't solve the problem because it is the server/that account -- I've had as low as zero, 1 or under a dozen items in that dock and it has always given my problems.
Hi Keylargo,
You asked why would someone have to logout inbetween taking thing out of the dock.

First assume that the person has the problem that clicking on "get items from storage" causes the system to hang in a permanent loop. Then a logout is the only option. This means tht the majority of the items in storage are unavailable.

There are nine items that are pulled out of storage when a person logs in. These items can be moved to a storage unit, food can be eaten, clothes can be worn, furniture/toys/objects can be moved to a room. You are right that there are items that must stay in the dock (i.e coupons, extra flooring, etc.). Once all the items that can be moved are done, the user can NOT scroll the dock for more items. What you see is what you get (9 loaded - 7 items moved = 2 left in the dock). The person must logout. The login step pulls nine items in. There will be some more items to work with.

This method might work for some people. It will give them the ability to "feed" their webbies. Otherwise, the only option is to harvest fruits and vegetables to give to the pets.

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

There's something really important that you need to understand about how the dock loads and how some of the areas of Webkinz World are script intense and how that affects the whole process. Without getting too technical about this... Webkinz is Java-script as you know, each single image is a small file that is sent from the server to your pc and it produces what you see. What that means is when you load your dock, your pc is receiving the stored files to produce items in your dock, now as the image files are transfered there can be additional files for your pc to contend with depending on where you choose to load your dock. The most script intense places are: the daillies menu, the newspaper, the wshop (thousands of files there) and you can imagine how many script files are being received and sent when you are in a clubhouse room. So, this means that you need to minimize the amount of script while you are trying to load your dock. The best solution is this. First step, delete all cache and cookies. Second step, close all unecessary software, programs, windows (other sites). Now third, log in with a fresh browser window and go to a completely empty doom in your home. 4th step, now attempt to load your dock. No matter how long it takes, let it run through, eventually one of two things will happen. You'll get a script error asking you to abort it or to continue (Select continue). The second outcome is that it will just take what seems like an eternity to load. Let it run through. Once it's managed to load your dock, get that extra stuff out of there. Reduce the number of items in your dock to a bare minimum. Really try to reduce food items, furniture and objects. Keep what you must but try to keep it down to a minimal amount (under 100) is best.

I'm not saying this is your fault or that of your computers..(though it could be partly) and it certainly may have to do with the servers on Ganz end or it could also be that the loading sequence files have been comprimised. It could very well be a combination of both. I'm not finger pointing here. I am just trying to provide a solution to your situation. I hope you give it a shot and let me know how you do.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #20
Gifted

photomommy will become famous soon enough

My son's acct is the only one in our house that has that issue.
Closed