Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #21
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Why so many negative comments?

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Let's all be positive. Ganz is aware of the glitches, and I'm sure they're working to fix them. But, sometimes, it does seem like they just keep bringing out stuff before fixing their glitches, and sometimes it bugs me too, and maybe things are a rip-off, but remember, you don't have to buy them if you don't want to, but, Ganz is a business, not our best friend, and I think some people expect them to be our best friend. But they're a business, and a business tries new things, to see if they can make more money that way. The eStore, new kinds of pets, etc., are all ways to try and make money, and branch out to maybe get some more customers. Let's all stay positive and remember that we love our webbies That's just my look on things.
you have made my point for me in a sense. ganz is a buisness and we are paying for services that we are not receiving. if i ran a business i would make sure the product i am selling works to the best of its ability (100%) before i added more stuff to it. and when i had tested and retested the new things i wanted to add i would make sure they worked 100% correctly as well.

anyway just my opinion
ajoysmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #22
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

In a free market economy, the way consumers say "thank you, I like your product" is by buying the product. Money talks. I'm sure Ganz would rather have our cash than our calls.

When things don't work, it is our responsibility as consumers to let the company know what it would take for us to continue spending money on their products and/or services. Without feedback, the company may continue, oblivious, down the wrong path until it slowly loses all its customers. Many companies even hire market research firms to gather and compile data about consumer likes and dislikes. In the WI forums we provide that information to Ganz for free. They should be grateful for it. How many times have businesses failed without knowing what it would take to retain and/or extend their customer base?

I completely understand why there are "so many negative comments". Have you ever heard the saying, "When you share your happiness, it is doubled; when you share your burdens, they are divided in half"? On WI we are sharing our troubles, and it makes them easier to bear. Although, I can see your point about saying something nice -- that would multiply the smiles.

I was thinking about starting a "nice Ganz" thread, not so much for the sake of Ganz, but mostly to cheer myself up about the good things in WW and to remind each other that we're not completely crazy to stick with a site with so many frustrating glitches, that WW has its good (even great) aspects, too.

We want Ganz to succeed or WW may disappear. So we tell them what to do to keep us as customers. I don't think demanding basic functionality is asking for too much.
Arbee is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #23
naname01
Gifted

MaryEllenMc is a jewel in the roughMaryEllenMc is a jewel in the rough

"Some people grumble because the roses have thorns instead of appreciating that the thorns have roses."

Not sure where that quote originated from but I have to look at on a regular basis. Without a reminder, I sometimes grumble about the roses having thorns.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #24
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

I think people complain out of frustration. I know I am frustrated, too. Hopefully Ganz can figure out the glitches and get them fixed, especially the "refresh" glitch. It is nearly impossible for me to do anything on WW because of it.

I have tried to be gentle in my conversations with Ganz, since it is just a game. But I can understand that it is frustrating to spend a lot of $ on a product that doesn't work as expected.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #25
Gifted

tpyo is a glorious beacon of lighttpyo is a glorious beacon of lighttpyo is a glorious beacon of light

It is very easy to get mad and upset about Ganz. I do believe they are trying hard to keep us happy. Every time I talk to Ganz about a problem I have had I do make sure I tell them I appreciate all the good work they are doing. I thank them for the fast service and helpfullness. I know I feel better telling them good things instead of bad. I also try and do this in RL in all things. If I have a problem at a store I calmly talk to a manager, and not scream. I come away feeling I did good and I feel good about me.

tpyo
tpyo is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #26
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

It's human nature to find fault in things and upon finding those faults to want to share the news with everyone who will listen. When I used to work with the general public I was told "Always make sure the customer is satisfied because if they aren't they will tell 10 people and those 10 people will tell 10 more and so on". It's not hard these days to find faults with Ganz. My theory is that they were caught unprepared for such massive demands on their servers but thats just a theory. The question I ask myself is do I want to spread the word about all the problems, not knowing what's coming. The issues could be resolved and result in a better site and people who could have been enjoying WW won't be there to see it because they heard all about how horrible it was. So for now as annoying as the glitches may be I still find WW to be an enjoyable place, I just have to work a little harder at it. I'll make my complaints strictly to Customer Service.

Last edited by Ribbitsqueak; 11-18-2008 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #27
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many negative comments, because people are tired of spend thier money on Ganz products only to get more and more glitches...
On the positive side..if it wasn't for Ganz we wouldn't have Webkinz or WI..
Trouble is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 AM   #28
Gift Guru

ozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to all

We all love Webkinz but we all hate the glitches and im sorry they customer service is terrible. I have been wait at least a month for them to replace and item that the same day i adopted it nothing came with the pet i called Ganz they called me back at 4:30 and shhe said oh its almost time for me to wrap things up here it will be in your dock later today .. nothing and this was late Sept! Now a lot of us are adults and we gripe imagine if your a kid and teh oet you adopted came with nothing no PSI, no adoption gift etc. While we do like a lot of the store items the cool objects and the pets we dont like buying stuff and having glitches all the time. I just hope for the best and hope the next person who helps me is nice. Best of luck!
ozzieluva is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 02:38 AM   #29
I is the Greatest!!!
Webkinz :)

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Talking Re: Why so many negative comments?

I agree Ganz tries to do the best they can and there is no reason to have any kind of negative attitude. If your simply not happy with anything that they are doing, you can either make a suggestion to them on their site or if your really not happy at all then it's your choice not to play on the site at all. I personally am a total hardcore Webkinz fan. I think Webkinz is the greatest thing and a lot of childern should get involved in it. It would keep children from getting in to things that are very harmful.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 AM   #30
Webkinz :)
kiddeokee is an unknown quantity at this point

1) WW is not free. Ganz developed the site, and continues to make changes, however, it is obvious that they do not have the technical expertise to maintain the site.

2) There are TONS of Webkinz owners out there - and they should be able to afford top of the line technical gurus that can test the site before changes are implemented.

3) They should request that people volunteer to test their site and suggest improvements in a controlled test site. Many would do this for no charge, or at most a free virtual pet.

4) I am not happy when I pay for a service and get poor service, or if the service I am paying for does not work. This would explain why people can and should be complaining. It is not as if we get to use Webkinz World at no charge. We all pay to use it by purchasing a webbie (or more). On the other hand, if WI was having technical problems, I couldn't really complain. I am not paying to use it. The owner of the site could close it down tomorrow and I would have no real right to complain (although I would definately grumble).

I do play on another game website. I pay $40 per year and have some great quality games. They test their site and their games. In 3 years of playing, I have hardly seen any glitches (I think 1 in 3 years). They must have a great technical staff because it always feels flawless... as Ganz should do for WW.
Closed