Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #91
Webkinz :)
Grandaughter444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Can't get in

I agree, I am new to WI and it surprizes me all the negative comments about Ganz. I can understand the childrens getting flustrated. Buts its all the mom's that gets to me. They take this way too serious. Webkinzs is a great site for children to have fun and it is a great learning site for children. Ganz is a company that needs to make a profit and all parents should remenber that no computer program runs smoothly especially with the number of participants Ganzs has. Part of the learning process for children is to teach them patience and to realize there is all ways going to be problems in life. You buy their products and the children love them. But their web site is free. All the web kinzs cash is given to you by ganzs by letting you use the site. I do not feel like it is a good learning experience for children when they see all the negative replies. My grandchildren love their Web kinzs and the vitual world is an added plus for them. But they learn that you can not allways have every thing you want and some times you have to work and earn them. Thank You GANZ for a wonderful web site where children can play and be safe.
Grandaughter444 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #92
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

It accepts my login, but then says it can't connect.

---------- crazysince95 added 3 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Grandaughter444
I agree, I am new to WI and it surprizes me all the negative comments about Ganz. I can understand the childrens getting flustrated. Buts its all the mom's that gets to me. They take this way too serious. Webkinzs is a great site for children to have fun and it is a great learning site for children. Ganz is a company that needs to make a profit and all parents should remenber that no computer program runs smoothly especially with the number of participants Ganzs has. Part of the learning process for children is to teach them patience and to realize there is all ways going to be problems in life. You buy their products and the children love them. But their web site is free. All the web kinzs cash is given to you by ganzs by letting you use the site. I do not feel like it is a good learning experience for children when they see all the negative replies. My grandchildren love their Web kinzs and the vitual world is an added plus for them. But they learn that you can not allways have every thing you want and some times you have to work and earn them. Thank You GANZ for a wonderful web site where children can play and be safe.
Actually, the plush is only worth a couple dollars. They charge you like ten dollars for the membership and virtual supplies.

Last edited by crazysince95; 11-18-2008 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #93
Gift Trainee

aprilandpaul888 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Grandaughter444
The webkinz site isn't free. You have to pay for a webkinz or a webkinz from the estore to get a membership. That's not free to me.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #94
MissTaylorMango

I agree with you. Yes, sometimes Webkinz can be annoying with all these glitches and stuff, but I also agree with 40lillie, because sometimes, you just need to let it out.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #95
Diabetes Awareness

sindarin has a spectacular aura about

Yes...and just think if Webkinz/Ganz just shut down completely. No Webkinz World any more.
Although I do my share of posting, frustration, and anger, I look forward to the day there are
no more glitches (????--) and everything runs smoothly.

Many great and valid points made here..***

I do love my Webkinz***
sindarin is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #96

hoovedkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Is Ganz a good Christmas present?

View Post Originally Posted by danusia
Back to my original thought, are those of you who don't understand the negativity experiencing the same problem so many of us are?
Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well.

So something interesting happened this morning. My neighbor emailed me and asked if a Webkinz would be a good Christmas gift for her 5 year old step daughter. I haven't answered yet because I am really struggling here. I don't think it would be a good gift with the site working as it is. I also feel recommending a Webkinz as a gift would reflect badly on me, like I have low standards playing on a site that does not function as advertised. I myself have stopped buying Webbies until the site works better. I have a lot that are unadopted, but this does not matter to Ganz since the pets were all paid for months ago and I haven't paid for one since.

Really, I am not trying to be negative here. I guess my only option is to tell my friend that the site, while wonderful when working, is not working well right now and perhaps a Webkinz would be a wonderful gift for a future occassion, after the site is fixed. I don't want to put the disappointment I've been having into the life of a 5 year old.

BTW, just in the past 24 hours I have lost a refrigerator from WOW and about 500KC due to automatice refreshes and logoffs. That is what qualifies the site as failing to work in my eyes at the moment.
hoovedkinz is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #97
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Ganz is a Corportate America company, just like any other. (or corporate Canada, if you prefer)
Their goal is to make a profit.
They train customer service reps to deal with our complaints.
They pay their programers to *try* and fix all these problems and create new and wonderful ideas to keep us all happy.

Sometimes things run great. Sometimes they do not. That is the way of life, and the way of business. I am certain Ganz is aware of how much displeasure there is right now, and certain they are putting their best efforts forward to fix the problems. But, they are also trying to keep their site running during this process. Just imagine how angry we get when we can't log in for a day due to maintenance. Imagine how much worse you would feel/get if Ganz said, OK, OK, we can fix it, but they sites is going to be down for two weeks? There would be even more outrage. Truly, they are trying to correct issues, and trying to keep us all up and playing at the same time.
It IS FRUSTRATING and driving me crazy, too... but I know that 10 minutes of play is better than 2 weeks of no play. Give Ganz the time they need and the WILL make it better.
I agree that it's not working smoothly right now and there are tons of glitches, but they know that, too.

Last edited by Mama Girl NH; 11-19-2008 at 12:42 PM..
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #98

hoovedkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Is Webkinz a good Christmas present?

I agree with the post above, Ganz is absolutely a business and their main goal is (and should be!) making money. Their website, when working, is a fantastic product that I will gladly pay for through the purchase of plushies. No, it is not a free site. Unfortunately, the amount of glitches and things that don't work is mounting daily. Today the balloon dartz stopped working. Two days ago it was token dartz. The week before...

To say the numerous and long lived glitches are just part of business and to be expected is a bit generous. I've stopped buying Webbies right now and I have told my neighbor not to purchase one for a Christmas gift until the site is working properly. I don't know what is going on at Ganz, I don't know if this is deliberate to create traffic for a possible merger/buyout or if they just have really cheap servers or bad programmers. I do know that their sales will suffer this important Christmas season directly because of the inability (for whatever reason) to fix the site. I also know the lack of communication from Ganz (in the form of a Bulletinz) hasn't helped the frustration level of paying customers. A simple "we are aware of the problems, we are working on it and we really appreciate your patience" would go soooo far. I would gladly put up with a two week shut down if that would fix it all.

It scares me and makes me sad to see Ganz shooting themselves in the foot like this. If the sales go down enough, the site will surely be shut off at some point. That would be horrible. But at the same time I can't justify buying anymore right now, especially with the economy in the US the way it is. Oh, yeah, and now they are raising prices? Like I said, shooting themselves in the foot.
hoovedkinz is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #99
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talentpollywog has lots of talent

I agree that the glitches are frustrating and I've had lots of things happen where I have experienced the same things as people who are venting. It just so happens that I am not a person who vents out loud very much...I just grumble to myself...or nod my head while I read someone else's thread. LOL I think the original point of this thread may have been to say let's not have so many threads just so people can vent BUT that isn't going to work for the folks that vent. Some peole need to vent because that is how they deal with being angry and others need the support of others when the glitch happens. I think we all agree that the glitches will keep on coming.

I really would like to see a section where the venting/commiserating and glitch fixing suggestions could be put togther. I see a lot of threads that say the same thing but it is often several people with the exact same issue. If there was a section where the threads would be easy to find, the focus could be towards looking for a solution instead of several threads lost in the over general chat area where they don't necessarily gain positive momentum or look for a solution....or just allow a GIANT vent where a whole lot of people could find others to vent with...which I am sure would be very satisfying.
pollywog is offline Female
Closed