Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
gylphling
Gifted

Gylphling is just really niceGylphling is just really nice

Question Unanswered: Can't drag & drop in Rooms

Is anyone else having this problem with WW today? On my accounts and my neice's, we can't put anything from the dock into the rooms or yards. She was really disappointed because we got leopard lizards today and she couldn't open his gift, decorate his room, or put his bed into the room. Everything else seems to be working okay except for this. I wanted to check if anyone else was having this problem so that i'd know if it was something wrong with my computer or just WW's glich of the day. Please let me know. I will wait until tomorrow to adopt my Lizard since I won't be able to do anything with his room tonight anyway.
Thanks!
Gylphling is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Can't drag & drop in Rooms

View Post Originally Posted by Gylphling
Is anyone else having this problem with WW today? On my accounts and my neice's, we can't put anything from the dock into the rooms or yards. She was really disappointed because we got leopard lizards today and she couldn't open his gift, decorate his room, or put his bed into the room. Everything else seems to be working okay except for this. I wanted to check if anyone else was having this problem so that i'd know if it was something wrong with my computer or just WW's glich of the day. Please let me know. I will wait until tomorrow to adopt my Lizard since I won't be able to do anything with his room tonight anyway.
Thanks!
I've been having the same problem for a couple of days, and I've been wondering if it's my computer, too!

It's probably some sort of server overload, or something minor like that. (Or, it just might be our computers! ) But it's a real 'drag' (pardon the pun), when you're trying to sell 55 pumpkins!

Try clearing your cache, then rebooting your computer. Sometimes that works.

Good luck!

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
gylphling
Gifted

Question Re: Can't drag & drop in Rooms

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
But it's a real 'drag' (pardon the pun), when you're trying to sell 55 pumpkins!

Try clearing your cache, then rebooting your computer. Sometimes that works.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion, luvwebbies. Fortunately I'm not having any trouble putting things into the W-shop sell screen. I just sold a strawberry crop of 150. I just seems to be a problem with putting things in the rooms.
As for the suggestion of clearing my cache, I've seen that suggested before for other glitches but I'm not really sure what it means. I asked the IT guy at work and he said to click on Tools and then Internet Options. He said it probably meant to delete the temporary files and cookies. Is this what your talking about? I did this yesterday and I was kind of wondering if this was what had caused the problem today.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Gylphling
Thanks for the suggestion, luvwebbies. Fortunately I'm not having any trouble putting things into the W-shop sell screen. I just sold a strawberry crop of 150. I just seems to be a problem with putting things in the rooms.
As for the suggestion of clearing my cache, I've seen that suggested before for other glitches but I'm not really sure what it means. I asked the IT guy at work and he said to click on Tools and then Internet Options. He said it probably meant to delete the temporary files and cookies. Is this what your talking about? I did this yesterday and I was kind of wondering if this was what had caused the problem today.
Thanks again for your help.
Exactly--Internet Options, etc......to clear your temp files and cookies.

I don't know much about computers, but I feel very confident that clearing your cache (tools and cookies) wouldn't have created the problem you're having now. It's odd that you and I are having the same problem in reverse---I can get things from my dock to my room, and back again--but can't sell to the W-shop, and you're the opposite!

I'm thinking I might clear my cache tonight, and turn off the computer completely; this might sound nuts, but maybe it just needs a rest!

good luck with your problem; sorry my suggestion didn't help.
I'll bet others might have some ideas, so keep checking your thread!

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 05-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #5

Ritzcracker is a WIzard
Ritzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzardRitzcracker is a WIzard

There's another easy way to clear your cache. Try downloading a free program called CCleaner, and it will do all that for you at the click of the mouse.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
gylphling
Gifted

I took luvwebbies' advice and it seems to have worked out well. I think another part of the problem might have been that I had very little disk space alotted to temporary files. Maybe I accidently moved the amount down when I was emptying the files out earlier in the week. I emptied everything again, increased the alloted space, and rebooted the computer. Everything is working fine now.
Thanks also to Ritzcracker for your suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.

---------- Gylphling added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

Moderator, please mark this thread as solved.
Thanks,

Last edited by Gylphling; 05-11-2008 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed