Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
minnie727 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: can't buy things in the curio shop!

This has been going on for a while, but i havent said anything about it yet...

I can't buy anything there. I click on something to purchase, confirm it, and then it says "Sorry, this sale is over". It does not take the money out of my account. I have been saving up money for a while in hope of buyings an expensive rare item, but it will never happen unless I know how to fix this. Here's what I think it is...

My time is off. It has been since I got my first webkinz, I guess I signed up in the wrong time zone or something. While it is currently Feb. 6th, when I log into WW it will be Feb. 7th. At 12 noon today, the experiment station would have been on sale (i was at work so i didnt actually check but this happened numerous times). The actual time is right, as it is 4:40 now, it is 4:40 there. Sometimes the time does mess up though, it could be 5pm and it will say it is 2am. This only happens sometimes.

I don't know what to do. I guess if they can't fix this, I'll never get ahold of the bowling alley or anything like that. I'm eventually going to sign up for the gift exchange, but I don't even have a lot of good stuff to start off with! Help!

---------- minnie727 added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Also I can't do some of the hourly activities. It will say certain events like the dunking one is over.

Last edited by minnie727; 02-06-2008 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
PM me for it!!!!!
Webkinz :)
twiggygirl1996 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: can't buy things in the curio shop!

sorry if this doesn't work, i haven't heard anything exactly like that, but a simalar thing has happened to me before. wait for the exact hour it comes and buy the rare item at _:01. try it, but i don't know if it will work like it did for me. hope this helps!

@(*_*)@ it's a monkey!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
I am......
Espeon129 is on a distinguished road

Thats happened to me before. The only thing you can do is wait and see if you can do whatever you wanna do.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Gift Trainee
SuMonkey is on a distinguished road

This is happening to a friend of mine. Somehow or another she managed to sign up with her computer time off in another time zone, and so the Webkinz is locked to that time zone, and makes it impossible for her to buy things.

She's contacted Webkinz and they said that it is not fixable. She needs to fix the problems with her computer clock and then buy new webkinz and start over. That is the only fix they offered her.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

This happens to me if I go to the Curio shop after I go to Quizzy's and the time resets for the prior hour. Example.. I log in to WW at 5:58. I do my dailies then go to Quizzy's at 6:03. When I leave Quizzy's a glitch sets the clock back to 5:58. I then go to visit Arte, who is selling things for 5pm to 6pm. I try to buy something and he says the sale is over. It's over because the sale was over at 6 and it's reallly AFTER 6 even though the clock falsely reads 5:58 and Arte thinks it's not 6 yet.
I know kinda hard to explain but the Kinztime and Arte think it's one time but the main Ganz computer knows it's really another. Very annoying I know. My advice would be to visit Arte before going to Quizzy's to avoid the problem.
Good luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
Gift Guru
darleina is just really nicedarleina is just really nice

That happens to me all the time till I finally figured out, if I log out then back in the clock resets itself !this works most of the time ....On the weekend it is harder to get back in....You have to weigh what is worth more the time or being there !sometimes a tough choice!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
Gift Guru
CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the log out log back in works for me too. I figured out that my Kinztime is 3 hours ahead of my time, so I don't look at the Kinztime so much because find that clock is wrong...try using your time to see when you should go....but that doesn't always work for me either! Log in/out best.