Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Exclamation Answered: Cannot complete any action in WW - 4 accounts tried!

Accounts:
NA, Euro, & Asian, 3 deluxe & 1 regular ~

Cache cleared, even uninstalled & reinstalled latest Adobe flash, cleared history, restarted comp, etc.....

WW is locking up at: either the newspaper, or if I enter the "Today's Activities" or if I try to go to the "Employement Office" or if I try to go to the "Curio Shop" or if I try to go to the "Arcade".

I cannot complete any action with out it getting hung up on "please wait".
Bankskinz is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by bangkokyankee
Banks

I feel for you
Between updates to Firefox -- Flash AND unity and no updates from Ganz except the ads I think a lot of players have been having problems

only real fans of WW can stand this

I had a laptop crash so lost my old firefox and I think Firefox 4? (newest version) doesn't work well with Unity

I haven't been able to load hamsters for at least a week and all Ganz says is unisnstall Unity and put it back in again (not Ganz' problem as usual)

like the others said I'm crossing my fingers things will get better with the update BUT I don't really expect much
Ganz seems to break more then they fix and I really think we were the beta players ( guinea pigs) for Ganz next web game

hope the dawn brings a better day for you
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Default Re: Cannot complete any action in WW - 4 accounts tried!

C'mon guys!
Has NO ONE else had this problem?
Its been over three hours now - and STILL - I can't do JB Challenge, or my Moolah Mountain, or my garden, or a job - or anything!

Not on IE or FF.

Not with ANY account.

Not on server 2, or 13, or 14 or 18 (didn't even know they had opened up more servers!).

This is ridiculous!!!

4am.
going to bed.
I give up.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

Safire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, man, that sounds rough. Hasn't happened to me, though. Are you sure is isn't your computer, I mean, does this happen when you do other programs on your computer? If it isn't, you should post this in the glitch report section.

Hope it gets fixed.
Safire25509 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Safire25509
Oh, man, that sounds rough. Hasn't happened to me, though. Are you sure is isn't your computer, I mean, does this happen when you do other programs on your computer? If it isn't, you should post this in the glitch report section.

Hope it gets fixed.
I DID post this in the glitch Report section and it got moved here - NO idea why they did that.

No, all of our other programs are working fine (such as WI, CNN, google, outlook, e'bay, ama'zon, etc).

And no one will know to look here if they are having the same problem.

I am even more sad & frustrated now. I don't understand why this got dumped here.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Hi Bankskinz,
I am so sorry you are having serious problems. In general, people know to look in this section for help. Once a problem has been indentified with more specifics, I think it is moved to the glitch section. Maybe a moderator can tell us the difference between the two sections.

There was another update to the Flash program (10.2 level), which is used by all the browsers. Some things I have not been able to do with IE 8 but I can with Mozilla Firefox. When I called Ganz on Monday about a problem with Spree not loading, she suggested that I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer 8. The representative was able to load Spree on my account with Firefox. Another suggestion she made was to uninstall Flash and then re-install it. I will probably do that tomorrow.

There have been so many problems with the system hanging up on WW and WI. The ads are also killing the response time of both sites. There are many random logouts of WW.

There is a big WW update scheduled for tonight. That may fix your problems. If not, my suggestion is to call Ganz tomorrow and see if they can re-create the problem. That is how the problem is referred to the technical team. Good luck!

((Hugs))
Auntie
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #6
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

View Post Originally Posted by AuntietoEW
Hi Bankskinz,
I am so sorry you are having serious problems. In general, people know to look in this section for help. Once a problem has been indentified with more specifics, I think it is moved to the glitch section. Maybe a moderator can tell us the difference between the two sections.

There was another update to the Flash program (10.2 level), which is used by all the browsers. Some things I have not been able to do with IE 8 but I can with Mozilla Firefox. When I called Ganz on Monday about a problem with Spree not loading, she suggested that I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer 8. The representative was able to load Spree on my account with Firefox. Another suggestion she made was to uninstall Flash and then re-install it. I will probably do that tomorrow.

There have been so many problems with the system hanging up on WW and WI. The ads are also killing the response time of both sites. There are many random logouts of WW.

There is a big WW update scheduled for tonight. That may fix your problems. If not, my suggestion is to call Ganz tomorrow and see if they can re-create the problem. That is how the problem is referred to the technical team. Good luck!

((Hugs))
Auntie

I was thinking the same thing and coming to post it. The Major Update happening overnight hopefully will fix your problem
I have experienced it on 2 accounts but they are on the same server and different then the other 8. It is the specific server that always has problems. But not to the extent that you are experiencing
I hope you have better luck in the morning. This really stinks that members have so many problems that effect the major activities.
I also think the ads are killer. It is def doing something and the more different ads that come on the more problems I am having. I think it has a lot to do with each other.

I really hope the morning brings you back up and running
Dawn
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Banks

I feel for you
Between updates to Firefox -- Flash AND unity and no updates from Ganz except the ads I think a lot of players have been having problems

only real fans of WW can stand this

I had a laptop crash so lost my old firefox and I think Firefox 4? (newest version) doesn't work well with Unity

I haven't been able to load hamsters for at least a week and all Ganz says is unisnstall Unity and put it back in again (not Ganz' problem as usual)

like the others said I'm crossing my fingers things will get better with the update BUT I don't really expect much
Ganz seems to break more then they fix and I really think we were the beta players ( guinea pigs) for Ganz next web game

hope the dawn brings a better day for you
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Dear Auntie, Barb, Safire & Dawn ~
Thank you all for trying to offer suggestions and make me feel better.
I appreciate it.
If it weren't for WI, I would have quit WW LONG ago.

As for the suggestions, I'm married to a computer engineer who worked for a large, international engineering/control systems company for a decade before we moved overseas to do volunteer work here.

So I had already done all the "normal" stuff you have to do with WW/Hamsters/WKN (which we do every few days anyway):

I'd uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flash - already HAD the latest update, but did it again anyway...

I'd tried multiple browsers - same results (IE, FF, etc)....

I'd cleared my cache/deleted all browsing history & forms data, etc....

I'd restarted my computer...

I'd kept track of which servers I was on (same problems on FIVE different servers)...

So, basically - I know the routine - and none of it did any good.

And I'd worked 13 hours straight, had just finished working, and just wanted a little 'down time', you know? I was so determined to figure out what was going on, that instead of going to bed at 1:30 am, I stayed up till almost FIVE, trying to figure it out. To no avail.

Just wrote it all out, so you knew I tried all those things (and do every time before ever starting a glitch thread).

I want to thank Barb for the Unity uninstall/reinstall idea - I only have Hamsters on one account (and all had problems), but I just did go ahead & unistall Unity, wipe it from my comp, and reinstalled it - maybe that will help with Moolah Mountain tomorrow (it said I 'played' today, though it never even loaded). I've only been able to play Moolah Mountian THREE times since it was introduced. Doesn't load for me. That's just pathetic!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for your thoughts & more so for your caring.

We just sorted out over a TON (literally) of books for our Village English Library Project & we open Library #7 & #8 (of 13) this Friday! We enter each book into a spreadsheet, complete with 3 sortable options (author, title & ISBN). It is a huge task. And we have local furniture guys making bookcases for each school. All 13 will be done by the end of the academic calendar (which is May 25th over here). So we are WAIST high in books around here! As well as flash cards, wall charts, pencils/sharpeners/cases/stickers, etc.

So here's hoping that when I can catch a minute in the next month to do something fun, that WW would cooperate!

Hugs to you all,
Bankskinz
Closed