Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Smile Unanswered: Can you tell when certain clothing items are going retired?

Pretty much like the title, i want know, can you tell when certain clothing items are going retired?
Does Webkinz tell you ahead of time?
When do things start getting popular like WZ jeans or Plumpy's glasses?
Thanks,
agonn(:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
Gift Guru

Smaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Can you tell when certain clothing items are going retired?

View Post Originally Posted by agonn(:
Pretty much like the title, i want know, can you tell when certain clothing items are going retired?
Does Webkinz tell you ahead of time?
When do things start getting popular like WZ jeans or Plumpy's glasses?
Thanks,
agonn(:

I can't give you a definite answer but I will share what I know.

More recently, sometimes Ganz will give a heads up when things such as Wshop, clothing, Webkinz pets etc will retire. Retirement parties have been going on with the most recent webkinz retirements, in the case of plush retirements, they have been telling us in advance. Sometimes Ganz says "a theme is retiring" but they make you guess. It depends. Or sometimes I get that tingly sense

With the Mazin Hamster feature, hen mazes are locked away, you will hear about it on Webkinz News. It is a really good place to check (along with WI) for news.

I do not know this from a fact but when items such as the glasses or the jeans get popular it is because they have been retired for a long period of time and are hard to come by. Occasionally they are traded but most people just want them for the satisfaction lol.

Perhaps others can share more than I can. Sorry I can't help more. Welcome to WI!
Smaointe is offline Female
Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
♫♪♥₪ Ḵḁṫḭḝ ₪♥♪♫

webkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clownwebkinzonfire8 is cool as a bunny clown

Nope If they told you they wouldn't become rare. And those items are rare because they haven't been available for YEARS.
webkinzonfire8 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

First welcome to WI !!
There is no announcement that a clothing item will be retiring. Sometimes Ganz will communicate with WI staff and let them know that it is possible for items to be retired coming up. If they are informed they are very good about letting us know, so you can keep an eye out on the Front Page for announcements like that. The best thing you can do is buy some of each and keep them in storage or on your pet. That way if they are retired without warning then you will have them
I did not know that they retire until it was too late for the first 2 years of WW. Now I keep some on my account.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

There is No announcement that I know of. They just disappear

Little story... I had a few/LOTS orange army shirts (long time ago). Well I didn't like the army shirts. My son bought a bunch and I sold them ALL but 1. Not to long after that they were gone forever. Now they are worth a lot
karenpd is offline Female
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I remember when they pulled the first set of Wshop clothes I went to the Curio shop and they were all there, I managed to buy up quite a few of them, unfortunately I was too anxious to trade them.

Did you take a look at the WIGEV? Look at the retirement days of certain things..usually they do it around the same time.

Now I've gotten smarter and I've bought up hundreds of spares and stored them in a separate account for the someday it might retire.

With clothes you just never reall know though.

When Plumpy glasses were for sale not too many wore them..if it had been the heart glasses it would be the same case.

The WZ jeans were even more rare because they were a click to win item. Even less of them around I believe.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #7

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Okay, Thanks guys!!!!!
You helped me A BUNCH.
agonn is offline Female
Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

It is pretty much random when something is going to retire. Sometimes Ganz gives hints, but they never say which is going to retire.
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #9

Priceless has disabled reputation

First off, Welcome to WI!

Second of all, you can never be sure when they might retire. I would say keep checking WI and WKN for news. They always might give that hint that somethings retiring

I have managed to gather up many priceless clothing, so when it gets even older, it will become more valuable. I would say buy up w-shop clothing and plenty of them right now, so when they do retire, hold on to them for a year or two, and it might start getting popular like Plumpy or WZ'S
Priceless is offline Male
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

Hello and welcome to Webkinz Insider, I hope you have enjoyed it around here. I'm sorry to say this but there isn't a way to tell if some clothes are going to retire or not. If they told everyone then everyone would rush to get it so they have a rare item of clothing. I do have a hint though, if on the webkinz world news they say there getting something new in the clothes usually they get rid of something. The only bad thing about this is the fact that you can not tell which thing is retiring. I hoped this helped!!!!!!
GSGO is offline Female
Closed