Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
Pokemon time!
Webkinz :)

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Can webkinz have viruses??

Webkinz World has no Viruses in it.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

The webkinz site is as safe as any reputable site - which is very, but there is always a possibility. However, if the webkinz site did get hacked and was causing virus tropuble, I think you would hear about it pretty quick on here on WI, and probably hear about possible solutions too since there are lots of computer savvy people here.

That said, there have been times when the webkinz site (or possibly my browser) started hogging computer resources. Shutting down my browser would clear that up. And I find it is good to restart the computer every so often too.

Based on what you said, I would restart the computer, clear the cache, then run a full virus scan for peace of mind. If that does not clear up the problem, then get more expert help, be it a friend, the geek squad, or whatever.

Also, work with your mom on the ground rules for her computer, (what sites you might choose to go to on and what you might do on her computer,) because you understand it is important to her and do not want to do anything with her stuff that she is not comfortable with. You are not taking blame, but you would be taking steps to correct a problem and ensure that you are never a cause of it in the future and I think she would appreciate that.
FBmom is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #13

shakile8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I Am not sure of this , Maybe check if you actually HAVE a virus. then check
shakile8 is offline Male
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #14

jordanalloyd123 is on a distinguished road

Hey
I have heard rumors that webkinz does contain viruses, however, I have never experienced such. I have used it on my desktop computers for a while, and nothing has happened.
However, after using it for a while, one of my computers did start to get a little slow. But that could of just been the result of too many files on the computer, the age of the computer, or other things like that. I have never experienced a virus from Webkinz.
Hope this helps!
jordanalloyd123 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #15

Rainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all around

Webkinz should not have viruses, and I think I have a solution for your slow Webkinz World problem. Ganz tries their best to keep the site nice and clean.

As for the advertisements on the sites, besides Webkinz themed ads and Webkinz Newz theme ads, do not click on them. Some ads on the Webkinz site have viruses if you click on them, but I think Ganz took care of all the virus-packed viruses a while ago.

There HAS been reports about trading viruses though. I am not being mean or anything, but you should look out for a Webkinz Cherry Pup named ThatGUY. This person puts viruses in some of his/or items and trades them. Please look out for suspicious behavior and do not trade with the person if they have strange behavior. This is just a friendly tip .

For your slow Webkinz World problem, you need to make sure your Adobe Flash Player is updated to it's latest version which is Adobe Flash Player 10.2. Also, if you are using the Google Chrome Browser, it tends to be slow because Google Chrome does not do very well with Webkinz. Many strange glitches have been reported about members using Chrome and getting glitches. I hope this helps your problem, and best wishes for your problem to be fixed!

Last edited by Rainbow Zebra; 06-17-2011 at 09:06 AM..
Rainbow Zebra is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #16
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Have you searched anything and clicked something of the search resently? Run a virus scam for final results. Mine acts weird too and we scanned it (full scan) and nothing was on it. So, it might just be tired or something.Give it a rest for a couple days and I bet, it will be back in no time flat!
Hope I helped!
889wlry is offline Female
Closed