Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

xChristina is just really nicexChristina is just really nice

Default Unanswered: Can webkinz have viruses??

UHHHHHH! Ok so I just went on my moms laptop ONLY on webkinz. Not webkinz newz,NOTHING ESLE than webkinz. Right after that her computer startec being really weird, keeps gettin' stuck and stuff and I told her its NOT MY FAULT but shes like REALLT mad on me and she keeps blaming it on me!
Isn't it true that webkinz.com DOES NOT contains viruses?!?!?!?!? UH!!!!!!!!
xChristina is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Call me Sydney!
Gifted

webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Can webkinz have viruses??

Has she tried restarting it?
Just because it's slow and it's freezing doesn't mean the computer has a virus.
webkinzlover397 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

My dad always blames me for viruses and stuff, but most of the time it is my mom because she thinks she can go on any site she wants, even if she hasn't heard of it.

Well, back to the point. I have never seen a virus on Webkinz.com, but I do suppose it could be possible. Don't worry though, someone could have got a virus on it a week ago, and it might've just decided to react.

Although, freezing and slowness doesn't sound like a crazy virus, or maybe it's not a virus at all. It might be just lack of memory or maybe something's a little messed up.

I suggest restarting it first, and seeing how it does. If now, I'd download the newest, safest version of a virus software, and scan your whole computer.

If there are signs of viruses, you should take it to a computer store or something? Not sure on this one, because my dad usually fixes our computers, lol. I think Best Buy is good for that?

Good luck
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
sourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clown

No, I am 99% sure that Webkinz cannot cause viruses.

Mac computers can't get viruses from websites so if you have a PC then in you can install McAfee SiteAdvisor. If you have that, then in the bottom right corner of your internet screen, it will either have a little green box that says McAfee and a check mark, but if it has a red box, then that means that we website you are on will cause a virus. If it's a yellow box, then they're not sure. Hope I helped!
sourpatch112 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by sourpatch112

Mac computers can't get viruses from websites so if you have a PC then in you can install McAfee SiteAdvisor.
Macs actually can get viruses, they are just less common. People who make viruses write the majority of them for windows. People do write Mac viruses, they are just less common than Windows viruses. Also, most Mac viruses are obtained from downloading illegal software
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Quote:
My dad always blames me for viruses and stuff, but most of the time it is my mom because she thinks she can go on any site she wants, even if she hasn't heard of it.
Same with me.

Anyways, I have never experienced any virus behavior from Webkinz, I would suggest clearing all cookies from your computer and deleting history. That will make your computer faster. Although it's probably not a virus, the video effects can make your computer slower unfortunately.
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #7

fruit is a jewel in the roughfruit is a jewel in the rough

How old is the computer? Webkinz is a pretty secure site, It could have been from a previous site, that somebody else was on. I t could really be from anything, it could be from an email, a picture, a down load there is a lot that could happen. I hope it's nothing serious!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Spike <3

wormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guide

Well in my opinion, it wasn't Webkinz at all. It could have been something she was on like a week ago! That's what happened to my Dad's computer. My uncle said what I just explained. He's awesome with computers. He could remove any virus! Anyway, try taking to a computer repair place. Also, sorry this is happening. It's annoying, I know.
wormie431 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Webkinz does not exhibit virus behaviour, and ganz CERTAINLY would not want viruses on it's site- that would drive people away and make less business.
However if someone were to hack webkinz, then it could potentially. but that would be VERY doubtful.

I do know, however, viruses prefer to be in the background unoticeable (unless, of course, it's rogue malware in which case it will annoy you as much as technologically possible) so that they can steal info from your computer. The fact that the computer is running slow could be due to a virus,, which is doubtful, or it could be because the CPU usage is high, or perhaps your Flash or Java is running slowly. I'd be worried if it were running slowly and then if it shows the Blue Screen of Death, I would get worried, since some viruses DO cause that.

However, don't worry. I am 99.999% sure it is not a virus. If it is, it is most definitely NOT your fault, as no virus besides Rogue Malware would want to pop up and show itself. That would defeat it's purpose. Good luck- your best bet is restarting your computer
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

I never got viruses from Webkinz.
So, I say no.
cupcake00497 is offline Female
Closed