Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #61
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by cutekitten48
I'm sorry this happened. This is a glitch. It's in the glitch fest. Go to WI homepage to see that it's in the glitch fest.

GANZ Phone Number: 1-866-WEBKINZ *1-866-5469

Very sorry this happened. I do hope it gets fixed.
It is on the home page but it was days ago. If I'd known the problem was STILL going on- I would have told mom not to let him adopt the pet yet! I think he really wanted to because that day was the wheel of the month for the pet of the month and some other activities he wanted to do. I think it's sad that people have to wait so many days into the month and miss so many pet of the month activities in order to adopt their pets without adoption problems.

View Post Originally Posted by Chicago
I will ABSOLUTELY participate in a class-action lawsuit with this company. I have several documented grievances. I work for a prominent attorney, and no matter what the "disclaimer" says, what Ganz is doing is illegal, and that statement does not protect Ganz from breaking the law. (I cannot make this statement: "Any death caused by my firing a gun at another person's heart while they are in my house is not my responsibility and I cannot be prosecuted for such offense. Enter at your own risk." -- Doesn't matter. I will be indicted and tried for murder.)

HOWEVER -- let me try to help you a bit with your phone call to Ganz. Don't call the 1-866-Webkinz number, as that is a recording that will never get you to a live person.

CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-724-5902. This is NOT Webkinz; it is Ganz. When the recording picks up, press "0". You will get an operator; ask to talk to a supervisor in the Webkinz department (and sound angry -- they respond IMMEDIATELY that way and will even page one if necessary. Do NOT discuss your issue with the person who answers the phone.

There is an EXCELLENT supervisor at that company who will help you -- try to get him, if you can. His name is Regive ("Re - zheev"). He is aware of all the problems Ganz is having. He is a kind man with children. He is a supporter of . He knows me. He has given me TWO FREE online pets, and has THREE times replaced missing POTM items for me, regardless of "company policy" about a "history of complaints." In addition, his recommendation on POTM adoptions is this -- he said the company has been working for a LONG time to try to figure out what the glitch is. He acknowledges there is a problem, and said they have not yet been able to resolve it. He said to always adopt your POTM AFTER the fifth of the month. He said the glitches seem to disappear by then. That is when he adopts ALL of his pets for his children. He also said to try as best you can not to adopt during "busy" hours -- most often late afternoons, when kids get home from school.

I HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL TO YOU. I sincerely believe Regive will help you. He has NEVER failed to help me, and he is very, very understanding.
thank you for the info.
My mom didn't call them today! ugh ugh ugh Well she said she was busy with dr appts and stuff. She's been pretty busy becuase my dad broke his ankle like a week ago.
anyway- I will give this number to her to call!
Like I said above- it's pretty sad that people have to wait so long to adopt their pets and miss out on all the activities! I thought POTM adoptions were going fine recently up until they changed everything recently and the "glitch fest" started (when they changed things, added haloween items, etc.) I wish they'd stop changing things so much because it only makes glitches galore!

I agree with you that this doesn't seem legal. Especially since they force you to agree to the terms when adopting the pet when you've already BOUGHT IT at that point and can't return it!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #62
Webkinz :)

Jean6543 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree thats false advertisement and thats ellegal you could press charges
but sorry about your trouble but were all praying that ganz can get there act
under controll
Jean6543 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #63
GammaTwila
Gift Guru

snuggleb68 is just really nicesnuggleb68 is just really nice

I, too, didn't realize there were problems with the PUG and got NOTHING for my POTM bag!

And I too would be interested in a class action suit against them. If they are going to do business in america, they need to be able to make good on what they promise for their products.

Sorry that it happened to you too. Thanks Chicago for the informaton. This is my first BIG issue with them. I will be calling!!!!
snuggleb68 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #64
amylovesdoggies90
Gifted

puppydawggirl6 will become famous soon enough

Wow! What a rip off!!! I really don't think they care at all about kids, they're just greedy and cheap.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #65
Gifted

Chariac is a jewel in the roughChariac is a jewel in the rough

I know and easy way to figure out the value of a virtual pet. If you buy a pet at Limited Too or most other stores, they are $16.50 full price. The virtual pets sold in the estore are $12.50 thus giving the stuffie a value of $4.00. You can then figure out how much of the $12.50 should be awarded for exclusive items by figuring out the average value of rare items in the estore and subtracting it from $12.50. The average price of estore items is $7.22. So almost half the value of your webbie could realistically be considered the value of the virtual item/items that come with it. Really, would you pay 16.50 for a small stuffed animal if it didn't come with bonuses. I know my limit on beany babies was alway around 4 bucks.
Chariac is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #66
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

Okay folks, I can appreciate the frustration level right now. Honestly I can. However, we have always stated here on WI that we do not allow any type of organized efforts on our site - including petitions, boycotts, lawsuits, etc. If you would like this thread to continue and remain open, you need to take that part of the conversation elsewhere. Thanks.

Wendy
Old 10-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #67
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
Okay folks, I can appreciate the frustration level right now. Honestly I can. However, we have always stated here on WI that we do not allow any type of organized efforts on our site - including petitions, boycotts, lawsuits, etc. If you would like this thread to continue and remain open, you need to take that part of the conversation elsewhere. Thanks.

Wendy
That's true. Sorry. I guess my asking "is this legal" kinda prompted people to start saying no it's not and we're gonna do something about it! LOL but I can totally see why it's not appropriate to talk about organized efforts on this site.

View Post Originally Posted by Chariac
I know and easy way to figure out the value of a virtual pet. If you buy a pet at Limited Too or most other stores, they are $16.50 full price. The virtual pets sold in the estore are $12.50 thus giving the stuffie a value of $4.00. You can then figure out how much of the $12.50 should be awarded for exclusive items by figuring out the average value of rare items in the estore and subtracting it from $12.50. The average price of estore items is $7.22. So almost half the value of your webbie could realistically be considered the value of the virtual item/items that come with it. Really, would you pay 16.50 for a small stuffed animal if it didn't come with bonuses. I know my limit on beany babies was alway around 4 bucks.
Not that it makes any difference if we figure out the value- but I just wanted to comment that I think that's a really good way to figure the value of a virtual item. I hadn't thought of it that way but it makes total sense. but honestly I think they know that. I think they totaly know no one in their right mind would spend $16.50 for a webkinz if there were no webkinz world or virtual items you get from adopting the pet. They for SURE know you wouldn't just give them $12.50 for nothing (meaning the virtual pet where the only thing you receive is a code for virtual pet and it's items it comes with on their website) I think that proves they know people are purchasing things for the website and virtual items and not that they think people are really spending all this money just for the stuffed animals.
they know that. We know they know. they would like to pretend that isn't the case though. LOL
Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #68
Lauren(:

softballgirl17 has a spectacular aura aboutsoftballgirl17 has a spectacular aura about

Yes this happened to my cousin. She was very upset. My grandmother called in and my cousin still DOES NOT have her prizes up to this day.
softballgirl17 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #69
Gift Guru
SScarb9747 will become famous soon enough

Post Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

Sorry. I adopted two Pugs on the 1st, and about 6 other pets, and no problem. On the 4th, I adopted another 6 Webkinz, and no problem.

Last edited by SScarb9747; 10-06-2008 at 08:22 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #70

DuckKing329898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its Legal Its in their User Agreement you agreed You cant sue them PLUS they're a Canadian Compny their laws are different than ours.
DuckKing329898 is offline Male
Closed