Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 AM   #41
♥Hi I'm♥
Gifted
 
horseback348's Avatar
horseback348 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

Yes, it is stupid, and they should replace it, but do you have any idea how many other people are having this problem? Do you know how long it would take to replace all of the people's items? I mean, it's just a game, and lots of people forget that. They're just virtual prizes! They don't have any real value. I personally think it would be a waste of time to call Ganz, because I would bet you that they would say sorry, we can't replace your items. You can give it a try if ou want though. My advice is just to forget it, or if he wants a POTM item so bad go find someone to trade for one.
horseback348 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #42
loony9083
Webkinz :)
 
momluvswebkinz2's Avatar
momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by horseback348
Yes, it is stupid, and they should replace it, but do you have any idea how many other people are having this problem? Do you know how long it would take to replace all of the people's items? I mean, it's just a game, and lots of people forget that. They're just virtual prizes! They don't have any real value. I personally think it would be a waste of time to call Ganz, because I would bet you that they would say sorry, we can't replace your items. You can give it a try if ou want though. My advice is just to forget it, or if he wants a POTM item so bad go find someone to trade for one.
You are right, it is just a game but I lost my whole account. I have alot of real money wrapped into that account, all the estore items, now that's alot to loose, not to mention all the pets and time spent collecting everything. As upsetting as all this is, it is , like you said, just a game.
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #43
faeriespixiedust
Webkinz :)
 
LIL PIXIE's Avatar
LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by momluvswebkinz2
You are right, it is just a game but I lost my whole account. I have alot of real money wrapped into that account, all the estore items, now that's alot to loose, not to mention all the pets and time spent collecting everything. As upsetting as all this is, it is , like you said, just a game.
I would agree that it is just a game but, with all the money spent on Webkinz it's not just a game. It's not free to go on Webkinz and you must buy at least one Webkinz a year to keep your account. So you're locked into Webkinz because of all the money we have all put into it. I am very sad to see all of these children and adults not getting what we paid for. I have been lucky so far and have not experienced this yet but, for everyone that has it's terrible!!! I have lots of Webkinz put away for my children and now I am starting to worry with all the problems that I have now wasted my money. So I think Ganz needs to work on there customer services and timely replies to complaints. We are what made Ganz so big....They should appreciate us.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #44
Gifted
 
KLDKinzMom's Avatar
KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 
Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

I would just be nice to them when you call them the first time. Someone already posted that when this problem happened they just reversed the adoption so they could readopt at a later date when things were working better. If they don't help you out, then I say do what you need to do.

I'm definitely not of the mindset of "oh this is just a game". It's a lot of money for our family tied up in WW and it is wrong that things don't work properly. i wish they would figure it out so people don't have to take them to court in a class action suit. What bothers me most is that this website is marketed towards kids and they are constantly providing things for them to want to buy and ask their parents for yet it's a crap shoot as to what you will get when you adopt the pets or even if you will get an item. I still think kids should be able to pick their exclusive. Kids want all the pets anyway because they are so cute online so why make every little item online so difficult to get? Now as of lately, it's even a crap shoot as to whether the website will work for you. Right now Ganz has the power because people are continuing to buy the products and just hang onto them until when or if the website is fixed. If people didn't spend all this money on the website, they may be more inclined to fix their problems. Right now they only see written complaints but their bottom line is still fine.

The idea of a class action suit is an interesting one but am curious how they would award a value to the virtual items that weren't given? Although there would definitely be cash value of the account that was taken away without notice. I think that is definitely wrong. There should have at least been an email stating what the violation was and a chance at rectifying the situation if there truly was an abuse in their policy. Reading that makes me rethink if I want to purchase any more products from webkinz as it would be an awful thing to have our accounts taken away.

Good luck to those of you trying to get your items back!
KLDKinzMom is offline
Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #45
Webkinz :)
 
winterrocks2's Avatar
winterrocks2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by horseback348
Yes, it is stupid, and they should replace it, but do you have any idea how many other people are having this problem? Do you know how long it would take to replace all of the people's items? I mean, it's just a game, and lots of people forget that. They're just virtual prizes! They don't have any real value. I personally think it would be a waste of time to call Ganz, because I would bet you that they would say sorry, we can't replace your items. You can give it a try if ou want though. My advice is just to forget it, or if he wants a POTM item so bad go find someone to trade for one.
I have to disagree with this sentiment. It is Ganz' fault that the people are having all these problems. They recently added some updates to their website which resulted in these glitches. Although I agree that it is just a game - it's a game designed for children, young children, and they don't need a "that's just the breaks" lesson or a "too bad, so sad" attitude from a website that was created for them to have fun and be safe. Also - it's not always so easy to trade for items, esp POTM items, even more so if your a kid.

As I stated earlier, read some of the other threads on WI, others have had success in their dealings with Ganz. Remember - honey = flies, vinegar, nada.
winterrocks2 is offline
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #46
hee! I'm a
Gift Guru
 
Bananagoil's Avatar
Bananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to all

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

I'm really sorry your brother experienced issues with his POTM adoption - I think adults tend to forget how devastating and outrageous such a thing is for a kid, especially under a certain age!
Contrary to a lot of folks opinion of calling Ganz, just last month I called concerning an adoption issue where something needed to be changed by a tech (not a gift issue) and left a mssg. over the weekend. On monday a tech called back and left her x on my vm & on Tuesday I called her back and we fixed the issue over the phone. Having done the sort of job the techs are doing in an entirely different field I understand why Ganz is "no longer accepting emails." It's not that they don't want your contact - it's that they want to be able to track the contacts and make sure they get to the right place. If all sorts of mssgs. are left all over then a certain percentage (sometimes a high percentage) are never responded to because they don't get to the right areas or people. I'm not a "rah rah" Ganz person - they certainly have some growth issues going on and have made some questionable marketing decisions that we've all been wondering about. I did just want to point out that they DO respond and quite quickly if everything goes as it should. Good luck with your POTM - a simple reset should do the trick. If a tech refuses to reset it for you, thank them, see what they suggest and if you don't like their answer, politely hang up the phone and call back for another tech. I do it all the time for things like my directv - it's amazing how you can go from someone who doesn't have a clue or experience to someone who you would swear has been with a company and knows everything since the door was first opened, LOL!
Bananagoil is offline
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #47
Merry Christmas!
Gift Trainee
 
lkemper's Avatar
lkemper has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

That is completely unfair! You should start a petition or something!

---------- lkemper added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

I think if you pay for something, you should get it!

Last edited by lkemper; 10-06-2008 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lkemper is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #48
Webkinz :)
 
suzette424's Avatar
suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!suzette424 is not just visiting!

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

In regards to a class action suit what about this info they have listed in their user agreement?
isclaimers

THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WEBSITE AND THE GANZ MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE GANZ GROUP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR CONTENTS WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED

and this
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE GANZ GROUP BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, ESTORE ITEMS OR ANY OF THE GANZ MATERIALS OR CONTENTS WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED

I agree losing your POTM items or any items is way to dissappointing and I'm very discouraged when I hear about it but doesn't this give them an out???
suzette424 is offline
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #49
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru
 
rubygooby's Avatar
rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by momluvswebkinz2
As far as I know they can not revoke an account just because of a complaint. They said I did something wrong. I have no clue what I did but hope to find out soon and get my account back.

---------- momluvswebkinz2 added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------


You may already know this, you need a charm to access the forest. I'm all for the class action suit. Count me in. I may talk to a lawyer to get his advice 1st. Let you know.
Oh I was wondering- do you think it may have accidentaly been closed because of too many pets?I remembered you said you had 123 pets and then I read on another thread they were talking about how webkinz recommends you don't have more than 100 pets on one account? do you thnk that might be the problem?

View Post Originally Posted by horseback348
Yes, it is stupid, and they should replace it, but do you have any idea how many other people are having this problem? Do you know how long it would take to replace all of the people's items? I mean, it's just a game, and lots of people forget that. They're just virtual prizes! They don't have any real value. I personally think it would be a waste of time to call Ganz, because I would bet you that they would say sorry, we can't replace your items. You can give it a try if ou want though. My advice is just to forget it, or if he wants a POTM item so bad go find someone to trade for one.
I agree with those that responded to you.
I don't think the fact that a LOT of people are having this problem means that they should just be allowed to get away with it. I'm sorry that doesn't even make since to me. I do not care how long it would take them to replace the items- they should have it where items aren't missing in the first place! THAT is how they should avoid the problem of taking so much time to replace items- NOT just saying oh well tough. It's not right that they advertise if you buy a pet of the month pet you'll get the loot bag with POTM and other items- and then not get them. That is false advertising and the fact it happens to numerous people only makes it worse- it does not mean that excuses them from giving their customers what they promise!

yes they are virtual prizes but they can no longer try to pretend that these webkinz plushies would sell like they do without the webkinz world website. They are advertising more and more about the website and what you get with the item you purchased- extra things with wcares, extra pet of the month items if you buy this specific pet and adopt it in that month, etc. There is NO WAY they can get me to believe they honestly think they'd sell this many pets without the code for webkinz world. No way. And people are paying for this! Yes it's virtual but it's PAID FOR, it's not free. The only way I'd agree with your argument is if it was a free website and/or if it was just oh let's say a game on the website that wasn't working. You aren't promised that game will work if you buy a pet and adopt it- so that's entirely different. But when you are told online and in real life, advertising if you buy and adopt this special pet you'll get special items- you should get it because you paid for it. It's as simple as that!

YOur post is a reminder WHY they are able to get away with this. Because so many people will just shrug and keep on buying pets anyway. If every person who got ripped off on an adoption were to complain to Ganz and stop buying pets until the problems were fixed- they would fix the problem and/or change their customer service policy about replacing items missing. the fact that there are so many people that feel it's okay to just "maybe" get the items when you adopt is why they continue to thrive as a business even though they are not giving their customers what they advertised when the purchase was made.

ps. I wanted to also mention that my mom brought up a good point awhile back. Sure they have an agreement you have to click to agree to before finishing adopting a pet- BUT they do not tell you all that when you make the PURCHASE. they advertsise not only online but in real life in the stores about pet of the month and all that- then you have already bought the pet and go to adopt it and THEN they tell you all this legalese about if you don't get your items they are not obligated to replace them, do you agree and have to say yes to adopt the pet. You've already purchased it at that point and stores won't take webkinz back if you disagree! So they are sliding in the agreement AFTER you've already made an unrefundable purchase. This may be the real point in whether this is legal or not- I don't see how it can be legal to force you to agree to any agreement in order to get what you purchased (ie: webkinz world with your purchase of your pet) when you really have no choice at that point because you already bought it and can't return it! No way you can return a pet after you've already opened up the card to put in the code- most stores won't even take a refund the minute you walk out the door no matter what. So your hands are tied at that point. You are already out the money!

Last edited by rubygooby; 10-06-2008 at 10:10 AM..
rubygooby is offline
Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #50
Webkinz :)
dcrock47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Donation Award 
Angry Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

Hi guys
My first post....I am not sure my issue is the same but I have been having trouble since Oct 1 ...when I open a Kinzpost package nothing shows up ....it just goes away.....nothing new in my dock,. but when I look at the "sent" mail I open the package and it shows what I should have gotten.......driving me nuts.....I wrote to support and they said too bad someone must have gotten in my site.....NO that is not the problem.....then the other really bad thing is I bought the pumpkin table and two chairs and then WEBKINZ shut down just as I hit BUY and my kinzcash was taken but I didn't get my stuff this is so so frustrating......I think I will try calling the number I saw someone above post because sending notes sure is NOT helping...... Has anyone else had this problem??????????
dcrock47 is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts