Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #31
e all need love!
Gift Guru

mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!
mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

I adopted the POTM today and got the Big Zero at first, too.....not even the Welcome Pet of the Month screen!
I just got the regular adoption screen. So i did that, got the items, went on about my business. Figured I'd just chalk it up, you know? So I went off to do my gardening on that account.

Lo and behold - when i switched rooms with the new pet, there popped up the POTM screen - with everything on it!

So have your brother try that: go to My Room with the new POTM, then switch rooms.
Might work - you never know - and it costs nothing to try ; )
mommaluvsmush is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #32
ask please!
Webkinz :)

Goldalynn has a spectacular aura about

Aww man! I'm so sorry that happened to you! And I agree, that is totally unfair!
Again, so sorry that it happened to you, I hope Ganz realizes what they're doing is wrong.
Goldalynn is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #33
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Usually, if the site is acting a little glitchy I hold off for a few days on inserting any codes, or doing anything dramatic to my account like room decorating and trading or such, just to make sure that the current waves of glitches are over with.
The site seemed to be almost up to normal so yesterday I adopted the bat and 3 figurine codes. No problems. I got the items, psi, psf, room, and super bed choice. I guess this is a glitch pug-specific still because it's potm.
It's not fair and it should not be legal. You buy a product for the service and they're not providing it. And because of their tagline in the online contract they have you agree to when you first make your account it states that they will not be responsible for anything that goes wrong with your account as a result of their glitches. This is not fair in any way. They probably do this because when things go wrong and they get so many numerable complaints, they don't have the staff to go through individual accounts and grant replaced items. That, and there's no way for them to track whether you did in fact get your items but you're lying and are trying to get extra free stuff. So to avoid the hassle they say, "too bad."
The best way I can think of for them to resolve this situation, is the first day of next month, they send out a prize box to ALL pug owners at that point including the usualy POTM prizes. True, there will be many pug owners who adopted their pets prior to october receiving extra prizes, but everyone who adopted their pug during october would get their prize. There's nothing wrong with handing out extra prizes, no one objects to free stuff, and from a programming standpoint it'd be as easy as sending all of the beagle owners a piece of cake on that pet's birthday.

Basically.. it's not any different than you buying a $9 item at the estore, and because of site glitches you lose the item forever, and Ganz refusing to replace the item you just bought because of their glitches.

Ganz should have a second WW site that exists only within the staff. And any major plans or additions they plan on making, they make to this identical site first, and in the controlled setting the employees can test out the site, registration/etc, and work out all the kinks before launching it on the major site. Because any major changes they make, they implement to WW then it takes a few weeks of the programmers learning where things are going wrong and then fixing them.
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #34
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

You know what reallly gets me is they act like replacing a virtual item is the same as if they had to replace it for "real". Even in the"vacation" that costs you $500.00 (or more if you get scared to death) you can go 30 times ( I know as I have) and get nothing but a piece of chocolate or a little kinz cash. Those virtual pirate costumes and pieces of map are real expensive don't you know.
Oh, welll , we've created this monster and we continue to feed it with our addictions. They have the market sewn up and they know it; they don't care about customer service!

Sherry
sherrylaine is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #35
Gifted

Chariac is a jewel in the roughChariac is a jewel in the rough

I agree completely with all of you who are frustrated. I have called Ganz several times and emailed more times than I can count and I have never gotten a call back. A few months ago, my six year old bought an elephant while we were on vacation. We bought 18 pets between all of us and unfortunately the elephant didn't have a tag(she didn't know to look for one and I wasn't with her at the time). We bought him in Las Vegas and live in Washington so by the time we discovered it, there was no way to go back to the retailer. Ganz wouldn't even respond ... AT ALL. My daughter cried and cried. It has been very frustrating, especially because a virtual pet would cost them nothing and we physically own the elephant. I could even take a picture of it an email it to them if they wanted... I love webkinz, but I am very frustrated with Ganz. I also adopted a Pug. Guess what I didn't get? So now I'm waiting to see if they'll call back this time but I'm not holding my breath.
Chariac is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #36
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I was told on the phone that if the accounts have a history of claiming missing items, they would not replace them... I had not received kinzcash during the whole Smoothie Moves mess.. wouldn't give your KC if you got to a certain score... I said that to the rep, not even asking for the kc... she said that they can put in a request for the KC and it was awarded to my account..
I said soemthing like, "oh really you can do that?" and she said that if there is no history or consistantly "not receiving" items, then they can usually be replaced..

Whenever we adopted our other Pug, my POTM box said I had 0 KC, and nothing else listed... However I let that load and I received my items... But I did take a screen shot of that empty box to prove in case I had to call .. But after a few seconds everything loaded. And I adopted that on the 2nd.

If my son ever didn't receive an item, i'd be on the phone
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #37

248keri is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by rubygooby
Okay so my mom already put a ban on any buying of Ganz items because of the past when things were missing in adoptions and Ganz didn't want to replace them.

But she let my brother adopt the pug today because that is one pet she already had -she got rid of a lot of them on ebay but kept some that didn't sell or something. Anyway, I didn't know there were adoption problems still or I would have told her not to let him adopt it yet! Well he adopted it and he got exactly like the front page shows (now I have read about it and seen the front page- too late though!) with NOTHING- no gifts, zero in the kinzcash bag, etc.

What I read on the home page is that Ganz policy not to replace adoption gifts not given- but can they really legally ADVERTISE online and in the stores that if you buy and adopt a pet of the month pet you'll get all this loot bag stuff- but then you get nothing and they won't replace it? That does NOT seem legal to me to do that to people. If so, that is really false advertising and a total rip off. People are buying pets that are pet of the month SOLELY for the fact that they get extra stuff when they adopt it- and then get nothing?

NOT FAIR!
Is there a number for my mom to call? because boy she is mad and my brother is sad.

i was looking for charms this summer before i found out they were all pulled. i did find a charm bracelet that stated on the package something like access the magical charm forest. i entered the code and was still not able to access the forest. i e-mailed ganz, they gave some runaround. when i finally got a number of someone to talk to, they never retuned my call.
what i'm trying to say is that while you case is much more frustrating, and annoying, i'd love to help you out in anyway i can in regards to a class action suite. false adertising is false advertising! it needs to be fixed!! i'm tired of being treated like i don't matter. without us would ganz have the money they have today? i know they run a business to make money, but they need to be a little more respectful.
248keri is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #38
thekid00
Gift Trainee

thekid01 is on a distinguished road

I am sorry, but if you do call and leave a voice mail, you have about a pretty high chance of never being called back. But, first thing's first, call GANZ. If they refuse, I would seriously consider suing them.

Hope this helped, and tell your brother that it will all work out eventually.
thekid01 is offline Male
Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 AM   #39
loony9083

momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by rubygooby
Oh wow that is bad. So they can do that without even telling you why? So what about if my mom calls to complain about this- will they just revoke my brother's account and not even tell her why? this seems illegal!
As far as I know they can not revoke an account just because of a complaint. They said I did something wrong. I have no clue what I did but hope to find out soon and get my account back.

---------- momluvswebkinz2 added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by 248keri
i was looking for charms this summer before i found out they were all pulled. i did find a charm bracelet that stated on the package something like access the magical charm forest. i entered the code and was still not able to access the forest. i e-mailed ganz, they gave some runaround. when i finally got a number of someone to talk to, they never retuned my call.
what i'm trying to say is that while you case is much more frustrating, and annoying, i'd love to help you out in anyway i can in regards to a class action suite. false adertising is false advertising! it needs to be fixed!! i'm tired of being treated like i don't matter. without us would ganz have the money they have today? i know they run a business to make money, but they need to be a little more respectful.
You may already know this, you need a charm to access the forest. I'm all for the class action suit. Count me in. I may talk to a lawyer to get his advice 1st. Let you know.

Last edited by momluvswebkinz2; 10-06-2008 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #40

winterrocks2 is on a distinguished road

It really is bad that so many people are adopting pets & not getting the add'l items - esp. when it's a POTM adoption. I was leery about letting my daughter adopt her pug Friday after reading about all the problems from others here, but then I read another thread that said they talked to Ganz and was told that you should wait a few days into the month before you adopt the POTM because everyone else was adopting - so I allowed her to adopt. I watched over her shoulder as she adopted & at first, the screen came up with nothing but the empty KC bag and my first thoughts were "Oh, snap", but then it filled in with the "loot" in just a few seconds. Ganz definitely has some major bugs that they need to work out and they should have never lauched all of the "upgrades" without testing them first and working out all of the kinks (much like Microsoft's new OS releases, but I digress).

With that being said, I also read in another thread that they experienced the same problem (no loot bag) & called Ganz & they reset the pet so it could be re-adopted & then they received the loot bag. I would advise when you call Ganz to see if they could/would resolve the issue before mentioning the words "lawyer" "lawsuit" "sue" "illegal", etc. --- you can always get further with someone if you are nice than if you start out getting them on the defensive. Think about how you would respond if someone was demanding something of you - even if you are in the wrong - people don't like having their backs against the wall, much less someone pushing them there.

If clearing the cache didn't work & logging out & then back in didn't work, then you should call Ganz and ask them if there is anything they can/will do. And then if they give you the run around & tell you they can't do anything and you're just out of luck, then you should mention false advertising and illegal and lawyer. Also, if it gets to this point, make sure you have the name of the person you are speaking with - you may need it later. But from what I've read in other threads here, I'd be really surprised if it gets to that point. It seems that most everyone here gets a positive response from Ganz when they call with an issue like this. Good luck.

Last edited by winterrocks2; 10-06-2008 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: editing
Closed