Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #111
oo Hoo! Im A
Webkinz :)

ElmoGoGo has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

View Post Originally Posted by rubygooby
Well isn't it sad that people are expected to wait almost half the month?!? before adopting a pet? And how long- a week now?- have they had all this trouble with the glitches, espeically the one that refreshes every few minutes and/or logs you out? WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX ALL THIS?
UGH

They need to fix it soon
with all of the money we are spending on this- we DESERVE a better webkinz
i was banned, with 83 pets on my account, when i hardy got on - i got on maybe once a week. and BANNED
and now i opened a new account with around 68 pets...
and i shouls have lived with not being able to get on - instead of spending my baby sitting money i earned, and worked hard for - on this worse, and glitchier webkinz!
ElmoGoGo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #112

Cheer Monkey101 is on a distinguished road

I think if they advertise it, THEY BETTER GIVE IT TO US! I think it should be ILLEGAL if they don't replace it. They should get fined, replace it, and give you a NEW CODE plus an EXTRA EXCLUSIVE ITEM and EXTRA KINZCASH. It just isn't fair if you don't get what you pay for. I wish they would realize how many GLITCHES they have and how much we want WHAT WE PAY FOR. I think this is unfair, rude, shows they don't care, shows they are self-centered and love money, and it shows they want the money instead of us to enjoy the website, have fun WITHOUT GLITCHES, and PLAY GAMES, CHAT, AND JUST RELAX. I really think that this is unfair.
Cheer Monkey101 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #113
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

aww thats too bad, u know u can call the information at the top of this section
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #114
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
As I remember, I could not access my account unless I clicked ok to the agreement. Not really much of a choice there.
Exactly- especially when at that point you've already paid for the webkinz and CANNOT GET A REFUND. So what choice do you really have? The only choice you have is to say no and sit there with a webknz plush animal you paid for and can't return?

View Post Originally Posted by gupdoo3
*sigh* The things people do these days.

True, but would YOU want to pay $13.00 dollars to get a virtual item- the whole POINT of you getting that item- and just get a stuffed animal?

Thought not.

---------- gupdoo3 added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

People who are buying Webkinz don't see the User Agreement (if they see it at all; most people just skim through it) until AFTER they pay 13 bucks. And, last time I checked, false advertising was a no-no.
I agree

View Post Originally Posted by DuckKing329898
They Still said they can't be held responsible which means THEY CANT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE and if you going to Boycott ganz that just means they'll die Faster Webkinz is dying Slowly.
Again I will point out that the only time you agree to their user agreement is AFTER you've already purchased the webkinz and taken the tag off and are entering it online. It's too late at that point because they've already advertised what you will get and based on this you made your purchase and then when you go to use the item you've purchased THEN they say oh the only way to use it is to agree that you might not get your items you paid for? That's wrong. Please stop avoiding what I"m saying about how this is all said to us and we have to agree AFTER we've already made the purchase and can't return the webkinz to the stores.

If webkinz world dies because people stop buying them becausae they do not receive what they paid for, then that will be Ganz fault. They can either fix the glitch that causes this and people will continue to buy webkinz OR they can work on their customer service issues and give people what they paid for- when they don't receive it and they contact Ganz to let them know they didn't receive what they paid for.

View Post Originally Posted by ElmoGoGo
They need to fix it soon
with all of the money we are spending on this- we DESERVE a better webkinz
i was banned, with 83 pets on my account, when i hardy got on - i got on maybe once a week. and BANNED
and now i opened a new account with around 68 pets...
and i shouls have lived with not being able to get on - instead of spending my baby sitting money i earned, and worked hard for - on this worse, and glitchier webkinz!
Wow, did you find out why you were banned? Do they tell you why? That's a lot of pets to get banned then buy a ton more. wow
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #115

lovewheels is an unknown quantity at this point

They are making money hand over fist off all of us...you'd think they'd at least show their appreciation by giving us the items that were promised. I adopted my pug too soon, and got stiffed on some of the "loot bag" stuff.

I put a call in a week ago tomorrow...no response yet.
lovewheels is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #116

DuckKing329898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you had Already bought it but you agreed if you agree you KNOW that you should expect this PLUS you said you already had a webkinz AND they make you sign 1 every so often So you've signed about 2-3 User Agreements and every time you do you make me that much more righter than you are Do You Understand!
DuckKing329898 is offline Male
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #117
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by DuckKing329898
I know you had Already bought it but you agreed if you agree you KNOW that you should expect this PLUS you said you already had a webkinz AND they make you sign 1 every so often So you've signed about 2-3 User Agreements and every time you do you make me that much more righter than you are Do You Understand!
Because of Laws in the United States, some of the WW user agreement isn't binding in some areas of the United States (some states don't allow for "as-is" policies, so those policies are not binding in those states). Even though it is a Canadian company, they need to abide by US laws when they sell their products in the US. It is obvious that you are not familiar with the US laws, especially the laws for false advertising. If you do not get your POTM items, and they refuse to give them to you and the only reason you bought the item is because of what they advertised (e.g. "a loot bag full of prizes you can't get anywhere else"); and in order to get those items you need to purchase another and another and another until you get the items promised; then what Ganz is doing is illegal (in the US--not sure about other countries). They are making money off of falsely advertising something that they know you might not get.

No matter what the WW user agreement says, it only applies where it is legal.

Please check the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus35.shtm) for false/deceptive advertising information. If WW doesn't give the items that are advertised then their adds are deceptive... and that is wrong.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #118

lgr626 will become famous soon enough

While it may be true that their "contract" does contain those provisions, it is invalid in several instances. For example, any changes to the contract are supposed to be presented to the user, who will then have an option to accept the updated terms or decline them (in which instance your account with Webkinz is terminated). The most recent copy of the User Agreement is dated October 1, 2008. I don't know about any of you, but I can tell you that for all three of my accounts, we NEVER were given the option to accept or decline any revisions to the agreement. Further, there have been litigated issues concerning individuals being forced to agree to a modified contract that differed from the original one. I mean really, if you spend a lot of time and money on Webkinz but don't like their new user agreement, you have to accept it or lose it all!! I have been working with another paralegal exploring the potential course of action and class action suits. Just because Ganz is a Canadian company, it is still subject to US law by choosing to do business here. At the very least, filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission is always an option (www.ftc.gov). If the FTC receives enough complaints about the same merchant, they will take a look into it and that would be much worse for Ganz than a class action suit!! So I would encourage anybody who feels strongly enough about this to go to the FTC's website and report Ganz's false advertising and unfair trade practices. Ganz needs to know they are not invincible and they need to be held accountable for the actions resulting from their greed.

---------- lgr626 added 3 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

Snow Crystal, as soon as I posted my message, I saw yours!! It's good to know that someone else out there knows about the FTC. And you are also right about the contract - it has to comport with US law to be valid here and as far as I am concerned, Ganz is violating the laws prohibiting unfair trade practices as well as truth in advertising.

Last edited by lgr626; 10-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #119
Gifted

obsessive is a name known to allobsessive is a name known to allobsessive is a name known to all

Ugh, yet another incident with the POTM prizes. I don't have much information, but (not to be rude) this is costing the people here their money. They were told that they'd get a special loot bag wtih every POTM adoption - but this has failed. GANZ should probably repay everyone here with messed up POTM prizes of Zero Kinzcash and Zero Prizes. This is spoken by every one of us; this is fifteen dollars we spend on stuffed animals to get the greatest on-line experienced that we were told to get. Obviously, GANZ is lying to us in a way. I think (yet again) they should repay all the POTM obsessed people who purchase them and don't get any prizes. It would make me angered, too. Today I adopted the Whimsy Dragon, blessed that the glitch fixed entirely for normal adoptions. Sadly, I cannot update you with conclusions on the G.G.W (GANZ Gone Wild) case because I have the hippopotomous already; maybe later?

Good luck with the pug. My only advice is to keep clearing your cache and cookies.

~Obby Wan Kenobi
obsessive is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #120
is the best

coolgirl060197 is on a distinguished road

I'm really sorry this happened to you. You should contact Ganz. But I think in their Terms of Agreement, they said they are not responsible for lost items, maybe that's why? But I still think that is not fair. Good luck!
coolgirl060197 is offline Female
Closed