Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

Default Unanswered: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

Okay so my mom already put a ban on any buying of Ganz items because of the past when things were missing in adoptions and Ganz didn't want to replace them.

But she let my brother adopt the pug today because that is one pet she already had -she got rid of a lot of them on ebay but kept some that didn't sell or something. Anyway, I didn't know there were adoption problems still or I would have told her not to let him adopt it yet! Well he adopted it and he got exactly like the front page shows (now I have read about it and seen the front page- too late though!) with NOTHING- no gifts, zero in the kinzcash bag, etc.

What I read on the home page is that Ganz policy not to replace adoption gifts not given- but can they really legally ADVERTISE online and in the stores that if you buy and adopt a pet of the month pet you'll get all this loot bag stuff- but then you get nothing and they won't replace it? That does NOT seem legal to me to do that to people. If so, that is really false advertising and a total rip off. People are buying pets that are pet of the month SOLELY for the fact that they get extra stuff when they adopt it- and then get nothing?

NOT FAIR!
Is there a number for my mom to call? because boy she is mad and my brother is sad.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
naname01
Gifted

MaryEllenMc is a jewel in the roughMaryEllenMc is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: CAN THEY REALLY DO THIS?

Sorry you are having such a problem. Here is the number for your mom to call

Telephone: 1-866-WEBKINZ * 1-866-932-5469
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

Thanks for the number. I guess she has to call on Monday, right?
They better not tell her sorry, because my mom is really mad and said she's gonna talk to a lawyer about whether this is legal or not! She wants her money back if they won't give the items that they advertise they'll give if you buy the pet of the month!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
chefdisney
Webkinz :)

chefdisny is on a distinguished road

For my birthday I had the choice of getting a clydesdale (my birthday was in august and the cydesdale was the pet of the month then) or a menatee. I chose the clydesdale because I knew I would get special prizes. This just goes to show that people really do buy webkinz pushes because of the virtual prize. I think that not getting the prize is a total rip. Ganz should replace the item.
chefdisny is offline Female
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Obsessed with

nuttienetz is just really nicenuttienetz is just really nice

This happened to me. I logged out cleaned my cache, and logged back in and the gifts were in my doc. Give it a try.
nuttienetz is offline Female
Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by nuttienetz
This happened to me. I logged out cleaned my cache, and logged back in and the gifts were in my doc. Give it a try.
We already tried that. Nothing showed up. My brother cried and everything. we haven't been able to adopt pets in a long time and now this! ugh
Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #7

lgr626 will become famous soon enough

Actually, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has special directives aimed at merchants that advertise bonuses or free gifts with purchases. Considering that Ganz is a Canadian company, it might be difficult to enforce a claim brought on behalf of an individual. However, a class action suit brought in US District Court can result in a judgment that can be levied against an international corporation. In fact, back in May, a Canadian company engaged in telemarketing operations offering advance fee credit cards and "free gifts" were cast in judgment for almost $5 million for engaging in this deceptive practice. With the number of people who have been stiffed by Ganz lately, a class action suit would not be a difficult thing to develop. If nothing else, it could scare them into being more careful with their advertising practices and perhaps force them to act in a more honest and business-appropriate manner. I know this is a lot of "legalese" and federal law is not the most straightforward reading material available. However, the FTC's goal is ultimately to protect the rights of individual US consumers and businesses against all forms of illegal and deceptive advertising and sales (among other goals). If you would be interested in perhaps pursuing a class action suit against Ganz, PM and let me know. If there is sufficient interest, I can certainly look into filing one.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by lgr626
Actually, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has special directives aimed at merchants that advertise bonuses or free gifts with purchases. Considering that Ganz is a Canadian company, it might be difficult to enforce a claim brought on behalf of an individual. However, a class action suit brought in US District Court can result in a judgment that can be levied against an international corporation. In fact, back in May, a Canadian company engaged in telemarketing operations offering advance fee credit cards and "free gifts" were cast in judgment for almost $5 million for engaging in this deceptive practice. With the number of people who have been stiffed by Ganz lately, a class action suit would not be a difficult thing to develop. If nothing else, it could scare them into being more careful with their advertising practices and perhaps force them to act in a more honest and business-appropriate manner. I know this is a lot of "legalese" and federal law is not the most straightforward reading material available. However, the FTC's goal is ultimately to protect the rights of individual US consumers and businesses against all forms of illegal and deceptive advertising and sales (among other goals). If you would be interested in perhaps pursuing a class action suit against Ganz, PM and let me know. If there is sufficient interest, I can certainly look into filing one.
My mom said she'll pm you because yes she is interested. she said she's FED UP!
I'm tired of it too and I'm not even an adult and I can see this isn't fair.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
naname01
Gifted

MaryEllenMc is a jewel in the roughMaryEllenMc is a jewel in the rough

You are correct - they will not be open until Monday. Also...when it pick up press 0 (zero) and it will take you to a voice mail.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by MaryEllenMc
You are correct - they will not be open until Monday. Also...when it pick up press 0 (zero) and it will take you to a voice mail.
Thanks!!!!!
Closed