Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
Goldie1963
Gift Guru

Er3Tr2Tr1 has a spectacular aura aboutEr3Tr2Tr1 has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: Can someone tell me how to do a screen shot on a MAC?

I need to take a screen shot but I don't know how. Can you Help?

---------- Er3Tr2Tr1 added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

Bumping it back up.

Last edited by Er3Tr2Tr1; 05-19-2008 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Er3Tr2Tr1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Souci
Gifted

nixhome is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Can someone tell me how to do a screen shot on a MAC?

Hi,

To take a screen shot on a Mac you have to hit "Command, Shift and the 3 key" (Command is the one with the Apple on it.

To take a partial screen shot you can hit "Command, Shift and the 4 key"......then you will get a cursor with crosshairs which allow you to draw a rectangle around only that part of the screen that you want.

You will hear a little camera sound when it takes the "picture". Macs are fun that way.

The computer will save the picture right on your desktop and label it for you. It starts with "Picture 1" and goes up from there.

The built in Mac help ( while you are in the Finder.....click on Help ) is really pretty good about finding answers about the operating system. MUCH better than Windows Help!

Hope this helps!
nixhome is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

peytonsmomie is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also open preview, then go to "file" and "grab" if you choose "selection" you get the crosshairs and can select the size of the window captured in your pic. It works the same as described above.

I love my new mac, best purchase ever!
peytonsmomie is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

sorry i dont have a mac
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

swilk is an unknown quantity at this point

omg this doesnt work but thanx i also have a mac loving it
!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Souci
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by swilk
omg this doesnt work but thanx i also have a mac loving it
!!!!
Hi,

The "command, shift, 3" and "command, shift, 4" will work on all Macs. This has been built into the system since the days of System 8 or 9.

Make sure you press them in the correct order.......and keep holding down the first two until you hit the third one.

Turn up your volume so you can hear the little camera sound.

Then check your desktop and you will find the pics.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

loopylion132 is on a distinguished road

do you know how to do it on other laptops
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Lil Kinz
Sparkling03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Dog/Cat Survey Help Needed!

I am probably the only one that is having trouble. But I waited all weekend to vote on which theme I wanted to stay the dog or the cat. But when I logged in yesterday, I didn't see a survey, a questionnaire or anything that would elude to a survey. Can anyone help me? Where was it posted and is it still available for the vote?

Thanks,

A Webkinz Newbie
Old 05-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #9
Don't Hurt Me! I'm
Gifted

eman711 is on a distinguished road

search "screenshot plus" under the apple download bar, it is a widget, that's what i use
Old 05-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Souci
Gifted

Default Re: Dog/Cat Survey Help Needed!

View Post Originally Posted by Sparkling03
I am probably the only one that is having trouble. But I waited all weekend to vote on which theme I wanted to stay the dog or the cat. But when I logged in yesterday, I didn't see a survey, a questionnaire or anything that would elude to a survey. Can anyone help me? Where was it posted and is it still available for the vote?

Thanks,

A Webkinz Newbie
Hi,

The reason you didn't get a quick answer to this one is that it should really have been posted as a new thread in the " I need help" section.

Glad I found though The surveys are posted weekly ( or whenver Webkinz remembers to post them!) and they are pretty well hidden.

Start at the front page of the Newspaper.........click on the "contact us" arrow at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

When the next window opens............click on the "Comments and Suggestions" tab at the top of the screen. There is the survey on the right hand side of the page.

You get 50 kinzcash for answering any survey so it's smart to check every few days to see if there is a new one to answer. 50KC isn't bad for just a couple of clicks!

---------- nixhome added 6 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by eman711
search "screenshot plus" under the apple download bar, it is a widget, that's what i use
That's a good one eman....but not everyone has the Apple main page as their homepage and they might not know what you mean by the Apple download bar.

I actually use something called "Sharpshooter" which is a little application ( also downloaded directly from Apple's Download Center ). It uses the same keyboard commands as the Mac OS...but a little screen pops up and lets you rename the file before it saves it to the desktop. Saves a lot of time looking at those Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3 files.

Last edited by nixhome; 05-20-2008 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed