Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Answered: Camera Help Needed ASAP

My dad's birthday is tomorrow, and I was going to get him a Memory Card for his camera.
My parent's memory card has a lot of stuff on it, so he asked me if I could clear off my 4gb Memory Card so they could use it.
Wellll..... not to sound selfish or anything, but I don't really want to have to clear ALL my pictures off. Plus, I'll probably be needing my camera while they're gone anyways.
So, I figured I would get him a Memory Card for his birthday (Don't worry, I'll get him a giftcard or something else too), so that he can use it on his trip.
But, I have no idea what size to get.
First of all, the big thing is, I don't know whether he's going to want just a bigger card in general, or if he just wants a separate card for the trip.
But second of all, I don't know how many pictures each card holds.
I saw a 4gb, and one of the reviews said that with a 6mp Camera, that it holds about 1000 pictures.
Well, they have a 1gb card right now that can hold about 800, I believe, so I don't really think that's right... I know it depends on the quality of the image and stuff, but in general, how much can a 1gb, 2gb, and 4gb hold. They have a 6mp camera, by the way.

UPDATE: Found this in the manual:
Click the image to open in full size.
So I think I'd be fine with a 2, but could get a 4 anyways, since it's only like, $2 more.

Now I just have to make sure the camera can use an SDHC Card, instead of just an SD card.

Last edited by MeWuvKitties; 09-15-2011 at 06:26 PM..
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by MeWuvKitties
View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
WOW!
That's so sweet that you want to do something awesome for you dad for his Birthday!
Firstly, clearing off a memory card isn't too much work.
If you're deleting ALL the photos there should be a 'select all' option that would select all photos for deletion so that you can delete them all at once.
If you only want certain ones deleted, that is time consuming because you'll have to unselect/select each one.
But you should clear your memory card out every so often anyway.
Storing images on your computer or a flash drive works.
The only problem with the computer is your computer could crash and your images or gone.
And with the flash drive you could loose it, but that's a problem with anything.
xD

That's my opinion on cleaning it out.

But as for the new card...
You didn't know if he wanted a new one or not.
Well being a photographer having extra memory cards is valuable.
Especially when you're going somewhere where you want to take a lot of pictures such as a trip.
But they're valuable any because you have more then one and a backup in case your other one gets filled.
So I feel an extra memory card is a good thing.

I'm not sure if camera make has anything to do with how many photographs a camera can hold.
Well... it has a LITTLE to do with it, but not much.
The main thing being how the camera formats the photos and what sort of photos are on there (mainly videos).

SD cards come in a variety of sizes.
I think the most common are 2GB, 4GB and 8GB but they sell them with higher capacities.
According to the SD card website,
2GB holds 770 photos
4GB holds 1540 photos
8GB holds 3080 photos.

Of course those are estimates, and it depends on the types of photos and other media (such a videos) on the device.
They also make 16GB and 24GB cards.
Which hold thousands more.

Like you said, image quality and format play into it.
Along with brands and types.

Most cameras take the same type of SD card.
Some take different ones.
So if you go to buy one, you'll want to make sure you take your dad's current SD card or know which one he's using to get the right type.

The higher the GB the higher the price.
But if you shop around you might be able to snag a pack of 2 2GB memory cards or 3 2GB memory cards for a better price then 1 4GB card.
Shopping around helps.
But since its for a birthday you might not be able to.
Looking at a store's website to see if they offer any bulk options and to read the reviews of certain memory cards also helps.
That way you can see specifics and see if the card has good reviews and is right for you.

Good luck shopping!
And happy birthday to your dad!
♥Blythe
Thanks for all the help.
I ended up talking to a Kodak associate, and they told me 2 things:
1. Their camera will not support an SDHC Card (which seems to be the majority of them I saw)
2. The camera can only support up to 2 GB. So, I guess that makes my choice of 2gb VS 4gb pretty easy.
Thanks for all your help!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Default Re: Camera Help Needed ASAP

Wow, this is kinda confusing.
I would get the one that holds 1000 pictures.
Why would someone have that many pictures in one trip.
I wish you luck and Happy Birthday to your dad!
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

WOW!
That's so sweet that you want to do something awesome for you dad for his Birthday!
If you're deleting ALL the photos there should be a 'select all' option that would select all photos for deletion so that you can delete them all at once.
If you only want certain ones deleted, that is time consuming because you'll have to unselect/select each one.
The only problem with the computer is your computer could crash and your images or gone.
And with the flash drive you could loose it, but that's a problem with anything.
xD

Especially when you're going somewhere where you want to take a lot of pictures such as a trip.
But they're valuable any because you have more then one and a backup in case your other one gets filled.

I'm not sure if camera make has anything to do with how many photographs a camera can hold.
The main thing being how the camera formats the photos and what sort of photos are on there (mainly videos).

I think the most common are 2GB, 4GB and 8GB but they sell them with higher capacities.
2GB holds 770 photos
4GB holds 1540 photos
8GB holds 3080 photos.

Of course those are estimates, and it depends on the types of photos and other media (such a videos) on the device.

So if you go to buy one, you'll want to make sure you take your dad's current SD card or know which one he's using to get the right type.

But if you shop around you might be able to snag a pack of 2 2GB memory cards or 3 2GB memory cards for a better price then 1 4GB card.
Shopping around helps.
Looking at a store's website to see if they offer any bulk options and to read the reviews of certain memory cards also helps.
That way you can see specifics and see if the card has good reviews and is right for you.

Good luck shopping!
♥Blythe
Blythe is offline Female
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
WOW!
xD

2GB holds 770 photos
4GB holds 1540 photos
8GB holds 3080 photos.

Shopping around helps.

Good luck shopping!
♥Blythe
Thanks for all the help.
1. Their camera will not support an SDHC Card (which seems to be the majority of them I saw)
2. The camera can only support up to 2 GB. So, I guess that makes my choice of 2gb VS 4gb pretty easy.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Thanks for all the help.
No problem!
I'm glad you contacted a Kodak associate!
They're probably a lot more help then I am.
xD

But its good you know which cards will work.
This narrows down your options a lot, and helps you find the perfect one!
Like I said, I've seen the 2GB ones sold on packs of 2 or 3 (I don't remember where).
So if you got one of those it would be like a 4GB card or an 8GB but in parts.
LOL.

Good luck shopping for your dad!
I'm sure he'll love whatever you come up with.
Because its a gift from his darling daughter!
♥Blythe
Blythe is offline Female
Closed