Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #41
ants Edward Cullens
Webkinz :)

coolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 
Default Re: Buying from eBay: Yes or No?

Well, I live on ebay(lol) and another auction site, and I have not had any problems what so ever. The only minor problem Ive ever had is it takes a week for something to come from California and I live on the east coast. But other than that, no problems at all. You should definitely look at their rating though. That tells a lot. Good luck! (And hopefully) Welcome to Ebay!
coolchic775 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #42
arehouse 13 <3

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Thanks for all your advice everybody ! I love reading all your helpful tips; one can never learn too much about anything.
Hedgie is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #43
Adam's my vegetarian

mypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all aroundmypetduck radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by Hedgie
I was browsing eBay today, and I saw that the Webkinz prices on there are really good. I know WI members have used eBay without hitches, so I just wanted to ask a few questions. I was wondering how you tell if a seller is a good one, and/or if you have any sellers you would reccomend? I have posted my WW ID on here before, and I wanted to know if you think an eBay seller would sell me a Webkinz, then search WI for people that recently bought that Webkinz off eBay (since I'd be likely to post about getting it), then search my posts and find my ID, and hack into my account. I'd also love to hear any experiences you've had with eBay; good and bad. I'm probably just being paranoid, but better safe than sorry .

Thanks in advance to all who reply!
See their reputation. If it's 97% or higher, I would buy from them. If not, then I wouldn't. I've bought TONS of things on eBay. Like pillow people (three different ones. Very good condition), concert tickets (awesome seats), my dad has bought tons of audiobooks. We search eBay all the time.
mypetduck is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #44
Loves Josh Bell
Gift Guru

Tonks22 is a glorious beacon of lightTonks22 is a glorious beacon of lightTonks22 is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure the seller has been a member of eBay for a while, and that they are absolutely clear about what they are selling to you. (ex: You are getting a Webkinz Fantail Goldfish with an un-opened tag)
Tonks22 is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #45
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

My dad has bought a webkinz from eBay for me. And I heard that the best sellers are called A+++ sellers and they've had good feedback and has sold more that 5. Good luck!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #46
-Alicia♥

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Well if they are well known, I might buy from them! As long as you don't buy from some unknown user who says their webkinz are only a penny!
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #47
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Why not? I'd say go for it. But be careful on choosing webkinz--I heard Ebay cheats you sometimes. Listen to all the tips the members have given you. Hope you get a good one!
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #48
Gifted

BeeslyHalpert is a jewel in the roughBeeslyHalpert is a jewel in the rough

Hi Hedgie! I know a lot of people have responded to this topic, but I wanted to add that I sell antiques and collectibles -- over 500 sales -- and I think eBay is very safe for the buyer today. PayPal offers 100% buyer protection; if you receive a Webkinz that is damaged or codeless you can open a dispute through PayPal; PayPal will have you return the item with Delivery Confirmation and when the Delivery Confirmation number shows the item is returned, PayPal will forcibly remove the funds from the seller's account and return them to you. Personally, I think PayPal's tactics are at the point of excess and cause many sellers to be scammed, but it does create a fairly risk-free buying environment!

On the same note, DO NOT pay with a Money Order. You have no protection; the seller can cash the Money Order/Cashier's Check/Personal Check and not ship your item. eBay sellers are no longer allowed to ask for Money Orders for this reason but are permitted to accept them if offered -- don't offer!

Just a note, pay attention to which shipping methods are offered/which you select; Priority tends to be a little pricier but the item usually arrives in less than a week - normally 2 to 4 days. Parcel Post may be cheaper, but it's normal for an item to take as many as 14 days to arrive. I stopped offering PP in my auctions because buyers would select the cheaper method then complain or leave low DSRs because it wasn't as fast as Priority, which wasn't really my fault; you get what you pay for.

Also, there seems to be a misconception that ebay feedback follows a school grade curve; this isn't true, a seemingly "high" score is not good on ebay. If someone had less than 99% feedback and had over a few hundred sales, I WOULD NOT BUY; certainly not if they are under 98%. There is a nice website called ToolHaus.org where you can pull out someone's history of negative feedback. After the same person has displeased multiple buyers, do you really want to do business with them? THere are plenty of sellers, find someone in the 99-100% range.

While you want someone with 99% or higher feedback, an astronomically high number of feedback (think over 10,000) isn't always a good sign. These people who list at high volume - often who reach PowerSeller status - don't necessarily provide better service. These people often are working out of large warehouses, may take a few days to ship, and sometimes offer for sale items they don't actually have in stock, even if the item isn't a pre-order. They almost never respond to questions or problems. I would consider looking for smaller cottage sellers with a few hundred or few thousand feedback as a small business model often means better attention to detail and customer service.

However, the VAST majority of people on eBay are honest, nice people for whom eBay is a job or a hobby; they care about their customers and Feedback! If you ever run into a problem, CONTACT the buyer first; the worst thing you can do is just leave negative feedback and move on. You hurt the buyer's hard earned reputation and give them no incentive to work with you. If you have an unsolvable dispute, move on to PayPal. eBay's dispute resolution mechanisms highly favor the buyer so you can bid without fear.

If you have any eBay questions, or anyone else does, feel free to PM!

Last edited by BeeslyHalpert; 06-01-2009 at 06:47 PM..
BeeslyHalpert is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #49

17Starlite is just really nice17Starlite is just really nice

Ebay has a lot of webkinz cheaper, i would see if sellers are any good by their feedback (in percent)
100-85=Excellent
84-70=Good
69-50=OK
49-30=Might not wanna buy
29-0=Don't Buy!!!!!!!
17Starlite is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #50
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I have bought a lot of Webbies from Ebay sellers. I only buy from certain sellers who have 100% reputations, though. I would rather pay a few dollars extra and buy from a trustable sellers than the ones with the feedback scores that are not perfect. So far I haven't had any problems yet.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Closed