Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #31
Webkinz :)

Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Buying from eBay: Yes or No?

Well, there are 2 sides:

Bad: I am pretty sure PayPal makes you give your Credit Card number
(So you / you parents should get another credit card and put just a little money on it)
Bad: Computer Viruses can be recieved if you give them your e-mail address
(I never heard of it happening though, but when you sign up and give them your email you might get junk, then just mark them as unsafe)

Good: All members I have seen have over a 90 percent rating
Good: My friend uses Ebay, and she has no issues
Good: Great rare and retired stuff
Good: Great prices

NEVER: Buy an online account (Like a Webkinz username and password) from a person, it is a garentueed gateway to hackdom!

The point: Pay the friend the cost of the item to do it! I do!

I hope this helped!
Squeecky540 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #32
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

Hi Hedgie! Congrats on your dragon! I have been an eBayer for around 10 years..I have only gotten ripped twice..still-once is enough though. Anyhow, I think years ago it was a bit more of a gamble buying back then then it is now. I think that MOST of the bad ones are gone or have at least deciding to have better business ethics. Some stories are horrid-like the X-box one...shudder....
A sellers feedback score is the single, most important thing-ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check into it...after that hump is over-enjoy! I have gotten so much awesome webbie stuff from there, & you can always find a deal
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #33
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

I have had great experiences with E-bay. I try to choose a seller with at least a 99.7% good feedback. Read the entire description carefully. There are a lot of webkinz being sold out there that are only selling the plush, no tag. Or tag and no plush. The description should say that. Watch the shipping price, it can bump up the price of the item considerably. Use PayPal - they can help if any major problems occur. Always contact the seller first with any problems, most will do whatever they can within reason to help - they want good feedback. Last - leave good feedback whenever possible - it's just good manners and sellers depend on good feedback to attract future customers. Use bad feedback only when absolutely needed and all other avenues have been exhausted. Best of luck in any purchase you may make!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:44 PM   #34
MAMA's in Heaven now
Banned
jlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guide

Donation Award 

I like others have bought many over 50 from ebay without any problems....but I also check feedback as to see what others have said and pictures to make sure the tag is there...

I would advise you NOT to buy just the tag however as there are to many people out there that steal the tags only....and there are rumors that GANZ/WEBKINZ can track the pet adoption code by the tushie tag and if you have a pet adopted (because you have the code) and a store reports webkinz without tags, GANZ/WEBKINZ will track it to the adopted account and they can close the account, due to theft.

So I only buy the actual stuffed animal with tag.

I hope this helps you out.
jlhaffner is offline Female
Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #35
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Yes- Do buy on eBay. There are really great deals. Once we got like 20 desks for only 10 dollars. They were in really bad shape, but still. Just check the sellers previous feedback before bidding. If you have problems report them. One time my mom bought a doll on there and when it got here it had a dead spider on the dress. So, we told them and sent it back. You can always report that kinda stuff. Just do your research before hand.
pianolover is offline Female
Old 05-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
Happy to be back!
Gift Guru

SarahN is a creator of wonder
SarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonderSarahN is a creator of wonder

Hello Hedgie!

I have purchased some webbies from Ebay many times and every single time it has been a great success! Whenever I decide to buy from someone, I always check their feedback thoroughly, and by that I mean that I read several of the feedbacks including the bad comments (if they have some) Make sure that you check the buyers tab so that you are certain that they have feedback from selling items and not just from buying them. Sometimes, when the sellers have some bad comments, you get a good idea of the kind of person you are dealing with when you see how they respond to the negative feedback. I like to deal with someone that has at least a 99.7 rating but sometimes if you read the feedback that some have received, their rating was dropped by someone who really was being malevolent and their rating should actually be much higher. Reading the feedback is really crucial in getting a feel of who you are buying from!

I also write the person at least once before buying from them for the first time to see how friendly they are and how they respond to your question. In my case, every single person I have purchased from has been extremely friendly and helpful!

It is a great feeling of anticipation and excitement when you win your webkinz and you count the days before it arrives safely at your doorstep!! And unless it is a rare retired pet, I usually pay less for them than when I pay for them at the store. It is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it! One warning though, you can get wrapped up in it, so make sure you stick to your budget and don't go over your limit just to "win" your item! And make sure your read all the fine print, "New with tags", "tags Only" "Pet Only", etc. and the shipping costs and any other potential costs.

I hope this helps!! And best of luck!!
SarahN is offline Female
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
Banned
cpkid123 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have bought webkinz from ebay before
i didnt check that it was a good seller or not
if ur pretty conserned check the past stff about them or something
cpkid123 is offline Male
Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #38
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

O-here is something else that I do...when I contact the seller through the purchase button, I always also put in there somewhere something like "my DD is really excited about getting this in the mail-she can hardly wait"-something of that nature. I figure it helps them to get it into their head early on that there is a child somewhere out there that is looking for the item, & helps to build some sort of a mental relationship to them.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #39
Gift Trainee

x3Kiwi is a jewel in the roughx3Kiwi is a jewel in the rough

I've never bought anything that had to be delivered to my house from Ebay. But I don't see why not. Just make sure they have good reputation. Also remember to read about the Webkinz. Because some Webkinz are new and some are used. Goodluck buying from Ebay!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #40
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

I have purchased quite a few "tag only" Webkinz on E-Bay since I don't really need the stuffed animals and the dogs have enough toys. I have had no problems and love that most sellers will E-mail you the codes as soon as you pay, or very shortly after. Ahhh, instant gratification!
Closed