Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
arehouse 13 <3
Webkinz :)

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Default Unanswered: Buying from eBay: Yes or No?

I was browsing eBay today, and I saw that the Webkinz prices on there are really good. I know WI members have used eBay without hitches, so I just wanted to ask a few questions. I was wondering how you tell if a seller is a good one, and/or if you have any sellers you would reccomend? I have posted my WW ID on here before, and I wanted to know if you think an eBay seller would sell me a Webkinz, then search WI for people that recently bought that Webkinz off eBay (since I'd be likely to post about getting it), then search my posts and find my ID, and hack into my account. I'd also love to hear any experiences you've had with eBay; good and bad. I'm probably just being paranoid, but better safe than sorry .

Thanks in advance to all who reply!
Hedgie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
ants more

36greeny36 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Buying from eBay: Yes or No?

i have yet to buy from ebay so im in the same boat
36greeny36 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

I have purchased from both ebay and another auction site and I've had no trouble at all. I've given out my WW ID, but I give it out here too on the GE.

I've not given ANYONE my password, and make sure that you don't either. That's the only way someone can get into your account, unless you have a very easy password that they can guess.
AddictedMom is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

You would have to check the Ebay member who you want it from's reputation, and if it's good, then yes, if it's bad, then no, try someone else's page.
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

Make sure the ebay user's reputation is good.
Make sure the tag is unopened, and still attached to the plushy
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

I have bought several pets from Ebay from a variety of sellers without any incident. Just make sure you read carefully and see a photo of the pet with the tag. My friend had a bad experience where the seller wasn't clear and sold her a love puppy without a tag although she had made it appear as if there was one. Definitely read feedback from others who have bought from them.
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I have bought a lot of Webkinz on ebay and have never had a problem with any of them. I did buy one item that got lost in the post office. I got a tracking number and it left for my local post office and never got there. The seller sent me another one.

The last couple of days I have bought some of the extravaganza pets and since they have to be adopted by tomorrow the sellers emailed me the code. One did not work and she double checked it and told me a lot of the pigs had bad codes on them so she gave me another that works.

You should buy with someone who has good reputation though it does not have to be 100%. You have a lot of protection on Ebay and paypal if the seller does not deliver what you paid for.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
I'm back...
Gifted

Mystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond repute

I've bought over 10 pets from ebay and all of them have been flawless (knock on wood) with great prices, fast shipping ( usually FREE shipping) and unused codes, as promised.
I would bid with confidence!
hope this helps..
Mystic is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

I've also had good luck with ebay. I've bought pets, clothing and trading cards with no problem at all. As others have said, make sure the tag is sealed and attached to the pet. The descriptions will usually say something like "new, sealed, unused code." Check the seller's reputation and you should be all set. I've used many different sellers and haven't had a problem yet (knock wood!).

Hope this helps!
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

I say go for it! I've bought three rare and retired webkinz on ebay for great deals, and without any problems. The only thing I'd recommend, is research the user first. If they're semi-new, with few feedback, forget it. If they're a veteran seller, with almost all postives, go ahead, and bid on their auctions. Another thing to watch for, is their Webkinz selling history, if they got great ratings, and have sold at least five, they're probably pretty reputable, but if it's their first one, maybe stay on the safe side, and find another pet.

I'm glad you're worried about this, but if it seems too good to be true, then look for a better detail. Follow your gut feeling, you never know what the person may actually be like!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Closed