Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
dietnfit is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Answered: Browser troubles continue...

I I am still having browser trouble and have tried everything from clearing cookies, cache, re-installing browsers, trying new browsers...etc and still not resolving my problems. I was wondering if my issue could be a virus or corrupt file somewhere that could be causing my problems...does anyone know how to find out or if my trouble is a virus..can it be fixed??

Here are the issues...

Internet Explorer 8: was working until about February. Now, I can log in...but there is no furniture, food, clothes, can't see today's activities. I can play games, do the acadamy, gem mine...However, just recently the main log in page always says that the site is down for mainenance...but I can get in through the customer service page.

Firefox: I started using in February when IE went wacky...was working until 2 weeks ago. I can type in my username and password and it starts to load, but then gets stuck. It doesn't crash, it just seems to be taking a long time to load....but never loads. I have tried to refresh but nothing works.

I have downloaded Chrome and Safari...they are doing the same thing that Firefox does. I saw about the extra toolbars...I think I got rid of those...still no resolution.

I can get in on my husbands laptop...but it is painfully slow. SO, I know the problem is with the computer.

So, I am wondering if there could be a corrupt file or virus that is affecting my computer but seems to be specific to this site. Does anyone have any experience with this?? Ganz offered help as far as they could, but since it seems to be an issue with my computer, they can't really help.

Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!
dietnfit is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by dietnfit
Well, a new development....After about 2 weeks of not being able to fully load firefox...it is now back up and running. Not because of anything I did, but it resolved itself overnight.

However..IE has continues to go downhill. Now the page says that the site is down for maintenance...which is not true because I got in using Firefox.

SO, I am halfway there...any ideas on the IE problem?? Is anyone else experiencing issues like this?

Hope has returned!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
e Always Knew I'd be
Gift Guru

ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Browser troubles continue...

I see you haven't tried a browser called Netscape Navigator. I used to have it before I got firefox. Since the problem may be within the computer, then it may not help. Sounds like it can't hurt though!

Good Luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help
ilovewebkinz100 is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

I have ie 7, webkinz works fine
Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

If you have tried all these things, I'd imagine you have soem sort of virus or corrput file. Try to scan your computer for virus, and the stuff in that category. If you don't find anything [or don't know how] then tkae your computer to Best Buy or the company's store, or something. They might be bale to help.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

If you are worried about a virus or anything... run a virus scan..
Also there is a free program for spyware detection called Spybot S&D.. Great program.

Have you called Ganz about the troubles? This is kinda like what was happening with our 1 account until I called... The account would NOT load in IE or FF, but WOULD load in Chrome.
After I called my account id was sent to tech support to be "look at".. Whatever they did actually helped.
I know whenever you call they like to blame your computers, but sometimes it is them...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Gift Guru

MCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of light

Is it just WW that isn't working? If not I would definitely have your computer looked at by best buy or some other electronics store. If it is just webkinz world you should probably contact ganz again.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Revive our hearts
Gift Guru

IzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clown

Go to free.avg.com and you will find a free virus scanner that works really well (don't know if you have one already). This will show you if you have a virus or not, which I hope you don't!
IzHannah is offline Female
Old 05-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
The Emperor
Banned
treknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clown

You could try to re-install flash from adobe as this is what WW runs on or at the least make sure that you have the latest version installed.
treknx01 is offline Male
Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
dietnfit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, just the WW website is not working, as far as i know. I did try reinstalling Adobe Flash. I do need to call Ganz again. One other thing that happened a while back that whenever I tried to "play" with my yellow lab on that computer....WW crashed. I can play with the yellow lab on the other computer. So, I am thinking that maybe there is a corrupt file related to the yellow lab that cascaded into all these other problems.

I don't really know what i am talking about..but it there is one corrupt file could that cascade into more issues??

Also, the last time I talked to Ganz, i don't think I had a computer expert. Is there a department I should ask for that really knows the computer??

Thank you everyone for your help...I will keep you posted...any other ideas send them my way...I am trying everything!!!
dietnfit is offline Female
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #10

Hoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of light

This sounded familiar to me, so I did some looking... just wondered if you'd followed this suggestion from one of the other threads you have started looking for help on this:

"You could also run Internet Explorer without add-ons to eliminate it being something broken by a recently installed IE add-on. Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)..."

This would eliminate the problem being with a browser add-on that is corrupt/broken...

There are many free anti-virus scanners available online, and just about any of them would help identify if that is the problem... but I agree that AVG is one I have had good experiences with. Whatever you do, avoid installing more than one anti-virus on your computer. They tend to fight each other and create havoc when that happens...

Spybot S&D, Lavasoft Ad-aware, and Windows Defender do a pretty bang up job on spyware/adware, between them. All three are free, and they each seem to find things the other two don't detect/correct...

It really does help to keep folks up to speed on what has been tried if you keep posting in an existing thread rather than starting a new one, for what it's worth... Cuts down on the "clear your cookies" responses if folks know you have been working on this for a couple weeks and have tried it already...

Hope that helps!
Hoosier-Daddy is offline Male
Closed