Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

Exclamation Answered: Bogus download ad - safe?

If you see an ad that concerns you: please make note of the date & time (please include your time zone), the location of the ad (top banner, bottom, or on the side), and the name of the company (the website address is best). That is the best way for us to take a look at the ads.

I got this today at 4:45pm in the GE - it was on the left side under "Sponsors". It did not have the actual company name or website address, which concerns me. This same thing popped up on me yesterday telling me I was out of date. I think it is suspicious!

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: pngflash player ad.png (56.7 KB, 58 views)
Lolith is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by MissGnomie
Thank you. Please just send a PM to a staff member in the future.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

PinkEllie is a jewel in the roughPinkEllie is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Bogus download ad - safe?

What browser do you currently use? The sad face thing is used on google chrome, it's like their "mascot".
I wouldn't feel safe with that ad; so if I were you, I wouldn't click on it. Go straight to the adobe website if you want an update.
PinkEllie is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

Thanks PinkEllie - I use Firefox, actually! I will not click on it, but wanted to bring it to WI's attention so that hopefully others won't!

NOPE - I use IE for WI and things other than Webkinz World - SORRY!

Last edited by Lolith; 01-24-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Lolith is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #4

PinkEllie is a jewel in the roughPinkEllie is a jewel in the rough

Yikes, so that proves it's not safe since you're on Firefox.
PinkEllie is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Exclamation Re: Bogus download ad - safe?

Good point!
Here is another ad I am seeing right now - inappropriate! I will leave it as a thumbnail instead of also enlarging it. It was at 4:47 - no company listed - looks like facebook, but I doubt it is!

View Post Originally Posted by PinkEllie
Yikes, so that proves it's not safe since you're on Firefox.
Oops! I was wrong! I use IE for this and FF for WW...sorry!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgBogus fb ad.jpg (80.9 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Lolith; 01-24-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Lolith is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Graceon ♥

98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!

WOW Thanks for the heads up! D: I use Fire fox too.....
98otter is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by 98otter
WOW Thanks for the heads up! D: I use Fire fox too.....
I actually use IE for WI - sorry I was wrong earlier!
Lolith is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
danzkinz

danzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonderdanzkinz wows us all with wonder

I never click on any advert on any website whether appropriate or not. I know these are revenue for such sites like WI but a lot of spyware and viruses come from them.

Problem comes when kids are on here as they are click happy which is why my kids never use my computer and have their own which I have to wipe often!
danzkinz is offline Male
Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #9

Oldspring1 is a name known to allOldspring1 is a name known to allOldspring1 is a name known to allOldspring1 is a name known to all

Flash Player updates frequently.
So go to Adobe.com, don't just ignore the ad
Oldspring1 is offline Male
Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by danzkinz
I never click on any advert on any website whether appropriate or not. I know these are revenue for such sites like WI but a lot of spyware and viruses come from them.

Problem comes when kids are on here as they are click happy which is why my kids never use my computer and have their own which I have to wipe often!
One of our kids clicked "something" in our old laptop - it was actually Norton anti-virus - that we had not downloaded. It locked up the whole laptop and it is dead now! (Husband is a computer engineer)

I am just wondering if WI knows about these ads or if they are being "attacked" somehow??
Lolith is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bad ads on wi