Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

katboumom will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Beware Parent Club Pop ups

Hi All,

I have been doing the Parent Club click to win for days. However, today when I searched for it, every page that I clicked on opened a pop up for a free card service. Before I knew it, there were like twelve pop ups and it froze the page just as I was about to fill in the info for my daughter's prize. This never happened on the other days. It must be a new ad causing the problem. So, if you try to do it, I would advice you to look after each page change and close the pop ups. Good Luck.
katboumom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Charizard is happily
Gifted

YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness
YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Beware Parent Club Pop ups

Thanks for the info! I've never had that come up before.
YOMCNUGGET is offline Female
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
luvey53

luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!luvey53 is not just visiting!

OMG that happened to me too. What a pain. I copied the address in the bar and put it on notepad.
Then I went to control panel and internet options and copied it to privacy then pop up then I added
it and hit block. I hope it worked. I haven't seen any so far.
luvey53 is offline Female
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
betsey2u

betsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter covered
betsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter coveredbetsey2u is glitter covered

Same thing happened to me and I know I have a pop up blocker on my computer,.and it even read that it was blocking the pop up but it did not do so.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #5

fluffy12161999 is on a distinguished road

I had noticed in the past day or so that I was getting a pop up for the screen saver ad. But only one at a time. After reading this post, I tried looking for the Bathtub ad click to win and had the same thing happen of course. I was also getting the pop up blocker message every other screen or so but they were still coming up in the background. So I went to Pop Up Blocker Settings under Tools (for IE) and found I was on Medium: block most automatic pop-ups. I think that once you have allowed pop ups from a certain site, it most of the time allows those again. So I changed to High: block all pop-ups- just for while I am doing Parent Club. Now I am getting the pop up message again on most screens but with no actual pop ups. I figure I will change it back after so I can get the other pop ups on WKN and Webkinz that I actually do want coming up.

Last edited by Butterflies; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Please do not use the colour inks reserved for staff .. Read the rules.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Thanks for posting I too have had the pop up ads - and now I've learned some ways to block it from the suggestions posted - not too comp savvy and I was almost thinking no bathtub was worth the annoying (and dangerous ? pop-ups)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

those ads in Parents are terrible. i just experimented and got rid of them on Firefox and not they are popping up on IE. You can block them on IE in Tools/Security.

On Firefox i clicked on a small white boxin the ad window near the address and it brings up a menu. go in there and it will let you get rid of the cookie for the ad and the ad should not re-appear,

good luck
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

I installed ad blocker plus on 2 of our 4 browsers after WI member recommendations & add'l research.
I had gotten several malware hits before on the Ganz/Webkinz newz sites (incl Parents), no problems since
I now only use those 2 browsers for those sites.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #9

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

Grrrr === The constant popups in the WKN Parent Center are SO annoying. Guess no bathtubs for my accounts today.....
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #10

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I just did it quite normally on Firefox. I do have pop-ups blocked for Firefox, so that may be why. But I did have a hard time finding the ad. Usually I can find it within 10 refreshes, but today it was probably more like 50 - there were so many other ads. A little trick, and I hope this isn't considered a cheat, if you are trying to find it for multiple accounts, once you find the first ad, push "control" as you click on the ad, then open as many entry forms as you have accounts. Each one will work.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed