Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Answered: Best Answer?

I'm just wondering why, if the mods are closing help threads because they feel the question has been answered, why they don't mark the "Best Answer" in their professional opinion?

I could understand if they removed the thread when the question has been answered, but if it remains here, and there have been a few replies to the question, we will never know which one fully answered it best.

I would think mods would be in the best position to mark it before closing them. Especially considering many who are asking questions are newbies (like me) and may not know how to even close the thread, (took me awhile) let alone choose the best answer.

I also think the person who took the time to answer, should be recognized. Especially if they put a lot of work into the answer. Its also a nice way to keep track of those who consistently offer good advice or information.

I felt bad when one of my threads was answered and closed before I learned how to mark the best answer, or thank those who helped me. It was a pretty short thread but I ended up having to pm my thanks to them and telling the "best answer" how much I appreciated all the info she gave me.
mulberry59 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by COWS4YOU
For example someone posts, how do I become gifted? then 10 people will say basically the same thing, I will just close it as it is up to the thread owner themselves to pick best answer. If I see the thread has been answered, I will close it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Best Answer?

Well, sometimes if a help thread is open for too long, people will keep on posting with the answer even when it has already been given. I think that it's pretty fair what mods do - if the question has been answered, and all the answers posted are correct, they will close the thread. But then if there is some confusion, they will clear it up by posting on the thread and THEN close it. Do you get what I mean?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

It's up to the person who asked the question to determine which answer helped them the most.

The staff only closes threads when the question has been answered multiple times.
FIA is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I think you are misunderstanding my question. I am aware that its up to the person asking, to determine the best answer, and I'm aware of why the threads are being closed once answered. I have no issue with these subjects.

What my question was, is why a best answer is not picked, before the thread is closed, by the mod (since they have the most experience) when a best answer has not been chosen by the original poster. It may be that the poster wanted to see a few more before choosing, or simply did not get back to check the answers in time. In that case, the choice is taken away when the thread is closed.

I see no harm in doing this and would myself appreciate the mods picking a best answer to one of my questions, if they are about to close the thread before I had a chance to pick one. I listed several reasons why this would be helpful not only to newcomers, but to all who are looking for the best answer to a question in this section.

If there a reason for not doing this (i.e. past disagreements on best answer, or too many similar answers to pick a "best") I could understand. I guess I'm just wondering if it has already been tried, and if not, suggesting it as a helpful tool.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє
Gifted

Wonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socks

I think what FIA is trying to say, is if the answer has been answered multiple times, then they will close the thread. I believe she is trying to say that they won't choose a best answer because it is up to the original thread poster to choose that. In her opinion a different answer could have been the "best answer" than which "best answer you like".
I hope this helps.

~Wonder =]
Wonder1001 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

For example someone posts, how do I become gifted? then 10 people will say basically the same thing, I will just close it as it is up to the thread owner themselves to pick best answer. If I see the thread has been answered, I will close it.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
jadavis1
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
I am aware that its up to the person asking, to determine the best answer, and I'm aware of why the threads are being closed once answered. I have no issue with these subjects.
I seem to be losing something in translation with my question. I don't want to appear difficult so I'll just close this thread.

No worries. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #8
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
I think you are misunderstanding my question. ...

What my question was, is why a best answer is not picked, before the thread is closed, by the mod (since they have the most experience) when a best answer has not been chosen by the original poster. ...
I see your question and it must have been a frustrating experience for you! The simple explanation is that mods cannot choose the best answer, the program is not set up that way. The original poster can choose the best answer.

Mods can close the thread, but they can't change the red Unanswered to a green Answered.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed