Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

Question Answered: Becoming gifted

I have been reading all the helpful posts about how to become gifted and I am working towards that goal. I'm new here and there is something I don't understand. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a post and a thread. I can't wait to belong to the gift exchange and I want to do everything I can to make that happen as soon as I can. Especially after getting ripped off while trading in webkins. I was new and made a big mistake with a exclusive item I thought I was trading for a super bed but it turned out to be food.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by webkinz_forever
A thread is a collection of posts, just like you made right now. It is there so all posts are nice and sorted.
A post is a piece of information relating to the thread that they are posted on. Both threads and posts count as posts, so if you post a helpful thread, that would count 1 post towards your goal, and if you post a helpful post, it would also count one post towards your goal.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
webkinz_forever

Default Re: Becoming gifted

A thread is a collection of posts, just like you made right now. It is there so all posts are nice and sorted.
A post is a piece of information relating to the thread that they are posted on. Both threads and posts count as posts, so if you post a helpful thread, that would count 1 post towards your goal, and if you post a helpful post, it would also count one post towards your goal.
Good luck.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
toricutie2000
Webkinz :)

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

i am sorry to hear you got ripped off, if you go to the forum under guides & how to's there are several threads that can help you get started
Old 10-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
cookiecrumbles

A thread is a collection of posts where you pick the beginning topic. That's what you get when you click "New Topic." A post is, well, a post on an existing thread. Technically, both count as posts, but you just start one of them Hope this helps, and good luck getting into the GE!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #5

mindbender will become famous soon enough

a thread is when you ask a question like what you just did and a post is when you say something to answer a thread
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
KAF, my little angel
Gift Guru

mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
I have been reading all the helpful posts about how to become gifted and I am working towards that goal. I'm new here and there is something I don't understand. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a post and a thread. I can't wait to belong to the gift exchange and I want to do everything I can to make that happen as soon as I can. Especially after getting ripped off while trading in webkins. I was new and made a big mistake with a exclusive item I thought I was trading for a super bed but it turned out to be food.
You just strated a thread with this question. A thread is the topic that shows up on the main page of the section you are in. A post is a reply to the original post, or threads starter. So my reply here is a post.

Hope that helped
mommamia3 is offline Female
Old 10-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

A thread is what you just made... you just made a thread.

Now where I am is called a post

Thats great that your trying to become a GT (you have to become a GT [Gift Trainee] before you can become Gifted)... your account must be over 2 weeks old though, and also you must have over 50 helpful posts and agree to work with you GC (Gift Coach- lots of new words it took me awhile to get used to it) And then you must post your agreement once you know that you can follow all of these on this link--->http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/

Good luck! And I hope I helped [:

~xxaeroxx
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
ooHoo I'm Finally
Gifted

spendergast5 is a name known to allspendergast5 is a name known to allspendergast5 is a name known to all

Hi there! I too am new and trying to become gifted. I love the idea of safe trading. I do not trust the Clubhouse Trading Room anymore either!
As the other people have answered... A thread is a collection of posts.
I too have a lot of questions while I am waiting to become gifted.
Good luck to you!

spendergast5 is offline Female
Closed