Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

cindyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: "Bad" names?

I named my one pet Ruby Slippers and her room has same name. I know you cannot use living room as a room name. My dd says it is because of the word living.
Have you tried putting a # after the name you want? Thats what my dd did for her first pet..
LocoCocoa295 because the name Cocoa was used so often. Also a friend has the name of peanut butter for a pet and that was allowed so why is not buttercup? Very strange when it comes to names Ganz is.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #22
BeachBabe14

This is a copy of my thread. but no i haven't
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 AM   #23
champiceskater

Weird. I couldn't name my German Shepard, Police so I named him Hero instead. But my brother's bull frog's name is Gegmiafh (he was trying to spell Jerimiah) and they allowed you to name your pet complete gibberish! What is up with them?

View Post Originally Posted by Knight1994
i tried to name my seal:seal: slappy but no dice.

then i tried smacky and yup it works.

but... i want slappy

Spoiler: show
and im still looking for a good seal name PM me if you have one
How about Icey? that's what i named mine...
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 AM   #24

cindyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, when your pet gets his own room, and their name is on it, if you change it and then want to change it back to their name, I've found that it will not let me.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #25
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Well if you rhyme or take off letters in some of the names they are not really nice words. For example:
Michelle, if you take of the Mic and the e well it's not a good word. See they're thinking of what kids could do and the parents might blame them like if they have a little sibling he might try to say it and WHOOPS. he sayd it wrong. and the parent would be like where did you here that word?!!??!?! and he'd say from webkinz and it all goes back to the.

I don't see anything wrong with Lola. i named my webkinz lola.
Here are other names you can't name it that i've heard: Penelope, Boo-boo, and Cooper

Hope this helps

---------- Pupsaresocute added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by champiceskater
Weird. I couldn't name my German Shepard, Police so I named him Hero instead. But my brother's bull frog's name is Gegmiafh (he was trying to spell Jerimiah) and they allowed you to name your pet complete gibberish! What is up with them?

How about Icey? that's what i named mine...
Or Blizzard that's what i named mine

Last edited by Pupsaresocute; 09-03-2008 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #26
gupdoo3
Gifted

gupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to behold

Pst............. you can name your Reindeer's room "Rain Deer room". That's what I did!
gupdoo3 is offline Female
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #27

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was reading a fairly lengthy thread on the same topic the other day, and quite a few of the same names came up. For a lot of the disallowed names, the word contains the letters of a word that is not allowed - for "Penelope" take of the "pen" and you see what you have left. Just about anything with the word "butter" in it isn't allowed - take off the "er" and you'll know why. Perhaps "peanut butter" is allowed, because that combination of words is so common. It's also possible that the rules for naming have changed at various times, so some people may have names that were later disallowed for whatever reason. I have heard of at least one person calling Ganz about wanting to name a turtle "Shelly" and being unable to do so, but after talking to someone it was allowed. So if you really want a name, try calling.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #28
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

yes there was a long thread on this jsut last week. its so arbitrary that is what really angers me. and the words they call their own animals we cant even use to name our rooms! and when you have a lot of pets its hard to find them, like someone said. its jsut so unnecessary. its not ganz responsibility to police embedded words within good works jsut for naughty words. that is getting rid of 75% of the english language, and that s the problem. at some point, its the parents responsibility to be ok with what their little kid does in ww. there will always be kids that want to flirt with bad words...................... i dont see how you can stop that.

what i have found that works is to spell the word differently ................... like for slappy, i think the reason that may have been rejected is because of the word between the s and the second p............................. maybe you can spell it 'slaappy' .................. it looks dumb though.................. but then again maybe you can try "sla-ppy"........................... or wait another day and try slappy again.................... because i have a cinnamon pet and i have a baby pet................both rejected by others..................

and that post about the gibberish was too funny. sad funny though......................

i too have contacted ganz and its the 'my way or the highway' responce too..................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #29
aslans is a name known to allaslans is a name known to allaslans is a name known to all

hi everyone!

i thought i would name my siamese cats after egyptian queens, so i tried "nefertiti." my bad i had to go with "neferteri" instead. names like nefertiti, buttercup and michelle have a string of letters within them that create the banned words.

i also have a lola and cinnamon. i wonder if it is because those names were chosen before they were placed on the "banned" list.

have you noticed in chat plus you also can't type numbers? i'm constantly substituting "won" for one, too, tree, for .... it sounds like i have a lisp in chat. in the clubhouse, someone was trying to ask me if i had i vortex for trade. it wouldn't let her type the word, so she finally got her point across by typing "for text". isn't that silly?

keep trying, just tell yourself your stretching your creativity as you try to find alternative names!

aslans
Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
Gifted

boopi has a spectacular aura about

I wanted to name my crocodile (or is it an alligator) Tic Toc --from Peter Pan--but I couldn't.
boopi is offline Female
Closed