Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

catlady is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Avoid Name Problems

I read some posts about people accidentally naming their pet with their activation code. Then they desparately try to contact Ganz, which I heard is not easy. It is so sad to read about what they go through. I know how badly we all want to enter our pet and play with him right away.

A short time ago, Webkinz was rejecting names containing certain combinations of letters. I give a lot of thought to naming my pets, and the rejection made me once again go through the long process of finding the next perpect name. That led to my continuing practice of adopting a pet and entering a name for approval **before I even take off the tag**. That way I know the name I enter is acceptable. Now I know that has also prevented me from accidentally naming my pet with his code.

I hope this tip helps other people avoid the painful experience of having accounts hacked.
catlady is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #2

jdvk is just really nicejdvk is just really nice

Default Re: Avoid Name Problems

I do the same thing. I always name my pet before I open the tag. This has always worked for me. Thanks for posting this, hopefully it will help others!
jdvk is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

Wow! I'd never thought of that! I haven't yet named a webkinz their secret code, but I've come close....
Old 11-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness

sindarin has a spectacular aura about

I almost did, registering 5 in one day. I easily could happen...especially, with the excitement of it all.

When I get a new pet, I sit and look at it. I carefully think of a small and appropriate name.

Now, when registering, I carefully take my time on the FIRST 2 SCREENS...name and code.

Thank you for posting this thread. People are human...we make mistakes.
sindarin is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

My son has put in the code for the name before (in his excitement) but he was always thrown off by the fact that the next screen tells him to enter his code... again...so he hits back and realizes he put in the code for a name. Just remember that you never have to put in your code twice.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
MissTaylorMango

It' never happend to me, but I'm afraid it will! Thanks for the advice! Oh, and with the strict anming policy, I don't get how they would accept the code, becaus eof this. I know there's like the little combos where if it has a certain combo of letters together, it'll deny it. Maybe GANZ should not accept wierd names like with a combination of random letters and numbers, because then people wouldn't have to worry about this.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

That's a wonderful tip
I usually do that also; think of name BEFORE opening the tag. And remember that naming your pet is the first thing you do, not enter the code!
Livi is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #8

catlady is on a distinguished road

It would also help to prevent giving the wrong name to a pet. Supposed you wanted to enter a parrot named Polly and a camel named Thirsty and put in one name and the other pet's code.... "No, the parrot doesn't want a cracker! He is Thirsty!"
catlady is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

thanks for the tip
i haven't yet named my pet with my activation code ..
thank goodness
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Great idea! I never thought of doing that! Once I remove the tag I am always anxious to adopt the pet, because I don't want to lose it. But keeping the tag on before I know the name will work is an excellent plan! I, too, try to choose my pet names carefully, and I don't like being disappointed when my pet name won't work. Thanks, again, for a great tip!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Closed