| 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM || #3 |
Join Date: Nov 2008
| | Re: Avatars and signatures
Like Starbucks said, and like I had mentioned in your earlier question about animation. GIMP is very good free program to use....I have a few pieces I've made from GIMP for examples of what you can do if you're interested
- An example of a slide show animation...
- A past avvie, this is an example of transparency - no background - which GIMP can handle well!
- See the blue glow in the background? That was made from a 'Gradient' you'll learn about those when you download it...they can come in handy alot!
- For some reason, GIMP has a lot of space-related things you can do to a picture...I don't know why, but it's really cool! If you download GIMP I can show you how to do some of this! It's very easy
- This is actually a spinny star from WI that's using Transparacy (no background) animation and a gradient to make the rainbow on the star! This one took some time, but it turned out right!
Not some of my best work, but you get the basic idea I think!
And, in fact, for every graphic I make...I use GIMP! That includes my profile stuff!
So you can do a lot with GIMP...infact, it's become so popular I'm considering writing a guide on it for WI members. I know a lot who use it, but there's so much to GIMP....so it'll take a very long time to complete a full guide
If you have any questions about GIMP, feel free to VM/PM me. I'll be glad to help!
And that ends the infomercial
convinces helps you!
Last edited by KinzUser2523; 05-03-2010 at 11:52 PM..
| || |