Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
e can find a cure
Webkinz :)

natalie456789 is a jewel in the roughnatalie456789 is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: Avatars and signatures

Can anyone help guide me in what the best way to make Avatars and signatures is? Like, do you use a certain program? I'd like to start expermenting with my own but I really don't know how to start. Paint box doesn't work for everything. haha Thanks!
natalie456789 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
I'm Ashlyn (:

starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine
starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Avatars and signatures

I would use GIMP and you can download it HERE It takes a while to learn, but you get used to it.
starbucksfun is offline Female
Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Like Starbucks said, and like I had mentioned in your earlier question about animation. GIMP is very good free program to use....I have a few pieces I've made from GIMP for examples of what you can do if you're interested

Click the image to open in full size. - An example of a slide show animation...

Click the image to open in full size.- A past avvie, this is an example of transparency - no background - which GIMP can handle well!

Click the image to open in full size. - See the blue glow in the background? That was made from a 'Gradient' you'll learn about those when you download it...they can come in handy alot!

Click the image to open in full size. - For some reason, GIMP has a lot of space-related things you can do to a picture...I don't know why, but it's really cool! If you download GIMP I can show you how to do some of this! It's very easy

Click the image to open in full size.- This is actually a spinny star from WI that's using Transparacy (no background) animation and a gradient to make the rainbow on the star! This one took some time, but it turned out right!

Not some of my best work, but you get the basic idea I think!
And, in fact, for every graphic I make...I use GIMP! That includes my profile stuff!

So you can do a lot with GIMP...infact, it's become so popular I'm considering writing a guide on it for WI members. I know a lot who use it, but there's so much to GIMP....so it'll take a very long time to complete a full guide

If you have any questions about GIMP, feel free to VM/PM me. I'll be glad to help!

And that ends the infomercial
Just kidding!
Hope this convinces helps you!

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 05-03-2010 at 11:52 PM..
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
BIG BELIEBER

sadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of lightsadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of lightsadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of light

Gimp is good, but it gives viruses to your computer. I would suggest photoshop.
sadlittlegirl is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by sadlittlegirl
Gimp is good, but it gives viruses to your computer. I would suggest photoshop.
GIMP is perfectly safe to download...
All 4 of our computers have it, and we've had no problems with it.

Photoshop costs at least $100-$200 though
If you can get it, that's great. It's fantastic...but it's incredibly expensive....
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
<-- = Webkinz !!!

Rosella is a glorious beacon of lightRosella is a glorious beacon of lightRosella is a glorious beacon of light

if you have a mac. then it should give you an option of choosing a file when your making an avatar. and then just choose a pic.
Rosella is offline Female
Closed