Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!

Default Answered: avatars and signature shop

Hi,
I was thinking about doing an avatar and signature shop and i have a few questions.
1. how do you post the images on your shop
2.when i'm done making a picture for someone do i save it then i'm all done?
3.can i take a regular picture from google and design it? or is that copying?
4.Can you give me some safe websites that i can design stuff on.
You don't have to answer all of them if you want.
Please help

5. how do you make an image clickable so you can see it in that big square?
This is the last question. i hope
lilkinza is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Blythe
View Post Originally Posted by lilkinza
Hi,
I was thinking about doing an avatar and signature shop and i have a few questions.
Please help

Congrats on wanting to open a shop!
VM when its open (if you decide to open one)... I'd love to stop by and see it!

1. To post images you first need to have your image, then save it to your computer and upload it to an image hosting site.
You can learn more details about that here:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...put-site-8630/
Also once you have your image, you can click on the icon of an image in your post to add an image. Its one of those nifty little thread tools at the top of the reply to thread box.

2. Well once you're done with the image you need to upload it (see above) then post it in your shop. I believe most people PM or VM people when the request is finished with a link to their graphic.

3. People edit google photos all the time. Images off of google and photobucket are common ones that are edited but people use them from ALL OVER the web. Not all shop owners take their own photos you know! However, if you use an image from google make sure you don't hyperlink. Which means taking the link from a google image and posting it on WI.
Make sense?

4. Lunapic and piknic are good websites. I've only ever used Lunapic. However, I personally use gimp for all my graphics. Its a free downloadable program from the internet. And it has a lot of the same cool features photoshop has. Plus there are a TON of WI guides for gimp. I myself own one, but there's a lot more.
Here's some more photo editor websites:
Online Graphics Editors and Other Graphics Websites - Webkinz Insider Wiki
And some gimp guides: (mixed in)
Guides & How-tos

5. I'm not sure what you mean by "so you can see it in a big square" but some images if you click on them it takes you to a full size image. This is done by using one of the codes photobucket (or another image hosting site) provides for you.

But don't some people use images from google or no?
I answered that above. No matter what website you're on anyone making graphics typically uses a pre-existing image off of the internet... it can come from a wide range of different websites. Some images out there (stock photos) are designed for this specific type of use. Just before using an image make sure that the artist is okay with you editing their work. And it should say so near the images. Chances are however, if its on an image site like google or photobucket it is perfectly okay.

I hope this helps!
Feel free to ask me if you have any more questions!
I hope you open your shop really soon!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #2

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Default Re: avatars and signature shop

I can answer number 4 at the moment.
I use GIMP for all of my graphics, and it's amazing. <33
GIMP is a virus free, not to mention actually FREE, program that you can download here.
Good luck to you, dear. <33
agonn is offline Female
Old 08-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
e all love

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

Okay to answer your questions
1. You can upload from your computer( if you have pictures you've already done and saved) or use Tinypic or Imageshack, any uploading site.
2. When you are done posting it most users prefer a VM or PM to be notified that their order is ready.
3. I think that is copying you want to try and make your own original artwork
4. GIMP, I use Photoshop but you have to pay for that, and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

Here is a link to the rules. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...before-510936/

Have fun making your shop and I hope I helped!

--Panda

Last edited by pandapuddin; 08-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Adding link
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!lilkinza is not just visiting!

lilkinza is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Hi,
Please help

Congrats on wanting to open a shop!
VM when its open (if you decide to open one)... I'd love to stop by and see it!

1. To post images you first need to have your image, then save it to your computer and upload it to an image hosting site.
You can learn more details about that here:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...put-site-8630/
Also once you have your image, you can click on the icon of an image in your post to add an image. Its one of those nifty little thread tools at the top of the reply to thread box.

2. Well once you're done with the image you need to upload it (see above) then post it in your shop. I believe most people PM or VM people when the request is finished with a link to their graphic.

3. People edit google photos all the time. Images off of google and photobucket are common ones that are edited but people use them from ALL OVER the web. Not all shop owners take their own photos you know! However, if you use an image from google make sure you don't hyperlink. Which means taking the link from a google image and posting it on WI.
Make sense?

4. Lunapic and piknic are good websites. I've only ever used Lunapic. However, I personally use gimp for all my graphics. Its a free downloadable program from the internet. And it has a lot of the same cool features photoshop has. Plus there are a TON of WI guides for gimp. I myself own one, but there's a lot more.
Here's some more photo editor websites:
Online Graphics Editors and Other Graphics Websites - Webkinz Insider Wiki
And some gimp guides: (mixed in)
Guides & How-tos

5. I'm not sure what you mean by "so you can see it in a big square" but some images if you click on them it takes you to a full size image. This is done by using one of the codes photobucket (or another image hosting site) provides for you.

I answered that above. No matter what website you're on anyone making graphics typically uses a pre-existing image off of the internet... it can come from a wide range of different websites. Some images out there (stock photos) are designed for this specific type of use. Just before using an image make sure that the artist is okay with you editing their work. And it should say so near the images. Chances are however, if its on an image site like google or photobucket it is perfectly okay.

I hope this helps!
Feel free to ask me if you have any more questions!
I hope you open your shop really soon!

Last edited by Blythe; 08-06-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #6

Rainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all aroundRainbow Zebra radiates beauty and kindness all around

Just a quick rule for WI and graphic shops...

You may not hotlink images from Google or Bing, etc. The tern "Hotlink" means to take images from a website without saving them to your computer then uploading them on an uploading image website (Ex. Tinypic, Photobucket, etc.). For more information on hotlinking, please visit this thread:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...es-not-411887/

Congratulations on opening a new shop, and please read all of the graphic shop rules before opening one. Good luck!
Rainbow Zebra is offline Female
Old 08-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

1. how do you post the images on your shop: Put them in an attathchment or upload to www.tinypic.com
2.when i'm done making a picture for someone do i save it then i'm all done?: Yes, hot linking is not allowed, and many websites will ruin the picture if they detect hotlinking.
3.can i take a regular picture from google and design it? or is that copying?: No. As long as YOU made some change to the picture.
4.Can you give me some safe websites that i can design stuff on.: lunapic (online), GIMP (free downloadable), and explore the amazing world of paint. (Comes with your computer).
5. how do you make an image clickable so you can see it in that big square?: Attatchments.

Pic of what to do with attatchments is actuly in an attatchment lol.

Last edited by kittycaty; 09-13-2011 at 03:34 PM..
kittycaty is offline Female
Closed