Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
♪♫ I am a
Webkinz :)

clever is a glorious beacon of lightclever is a glorious beacon of lightclever is a glorious beacon of light

Default Answered: Avatars

Would it be okay to have the name of a company in your avatar, for example, Hollister. I would understand if for legal reasons this is not allowed, but I just wanted to make sure before I went out there and got myself into trouble.
clever is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by webkinzluver321
View Post Originally Posted by clever
No, I mean like the store. I like the seagull, and was thinking about using it as my avatar on wi. I just don't want to get myself in big trouble like I have a tendency to do. I will think something is okay, but it's not. I guess I just don't think things through all the time, and I love WI a lot.
Ok ... so like the avvie I posted, just a different logo. xD It should be fine. And even if it isn't allowed, the worst that can happen is the staff asking you to remove it. As long as it's WI appropriate, then I don't see a problem. =]
So, like this?
Click the image to open in full size.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Default Re: Avatars

Like, this?
I believe it's fine ... I've seen people w/ avvies like that around here, and don't see a problem w/ it. There shouldn't be any copyright/legal issues, because it's not like you're copying their logo, you're more like advertising it. xD It's kinda like wearing their logo tee ... know what I mean? It should be fine.
But I think it depends on the logo you speak of ... is it like, for a website? or something else?
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
♪♫ I am a

clever is a glorious beacon of lightclever is a glorious beacon of lightclever is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
Like, this?
I believe it's fine ... I've seen people w/ avvies like that around here, and don't see a problem w/ it. There shouldn't be any copyright/legal issues, because it's not like you're copying their logo, you're more like advertising it. xD It's kinda like wearing their logo tee ... know what I mean? It should be fine.
But I think it depends on the logo you speak of ... is it like, for a website? or something else?
No, I mean like the store. I like the seagull, and was thinking about using it as my avatar on wi. I just don't want to get myself in big trouble like I have a tendency to do. I will think something is okay, but it's not. I guess I just don't think things through all the time, and I love WI a lot.

Last edited by clever; 11-14-2009 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Forgot a word that answered the question.
clever is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #4

susand610 will become famous soon enough

i think its fine. but i'm not positive i've seen people with the logo of a store or something
susand610 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
♪♫ I am a

View Post Originally Posted by susand610
i think its fine. but i'm not positive i've seen people with the logo of a store or something
Yeah, I was thinking about searching it on the internet and getting something from there. Would that be okay?
clever is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by clever
Ok ... so like the avvie I posted, just a different logo. xD It should be fine. And even if it isn't allowed, the worst that can happen is the staff asking you to remove it. As long as it's WI appropriate, then I don't see a problem. =]
So, like this?
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

Yes it is fine people use brand names all the time trust me
Delilah is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
♪♫ I am a

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
So, like this?
Yeah, okay, I thought I could be removed from the site. I just didn't want anyone to get in trouble or anything. I'd rather ask questions than do something I thought was okay but in reality was really bad.

View Post Originally Posted by Delilah
Yes it is fine people use brand names all the time trust me
Thanks for the help. I was just about to do that when the thought crossed my mind.

So this is fine?
clever is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
hy am I STILL a

london is just really nicelondon is just really nice

Yeah your safe! Almost everyone has New Moon avvies and Twilight avvies. Whats the difference between your avvie? Make sure you mark the best answer in this thread by on top of the post that you think was best click the botton that looks a little like this.
london is offline Female
Old 11-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
♪♫ I am a

Oh yeah, I was just waiting for the last question I asked to be answered, and you answered it so thanks.
clever is offline Female
Closed