Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
popogeejo is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Asian Account Question

I'm thinking about getting an Asian account. Ganz recommends that you only adopt 100 animals per account. Since I'm sure I'll have more than 100 animals at some point, I thought why not get another account now so that I can take advantage of the perks of having 2 accounts!

I know that there is a difference in the time zones (I'm American Central Time) & that the Asian account would be about 15 hrs. earlier(?). What I don't know is would the hourly activities still happen at the same time as my American account because they are KT? Or would I have to be up in the middle of the night to be able to do them?

Thanks for your help! Sorry this is so long!!

Popogeejo(Jeremiah)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
2totalsam/2totalsam2
Gift Guru

2total is a jewel in the rough2total is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Asian Account Question

the only thing you would have to get up in the middle of the night are most of the rares. other wise all activities can be done during the day. the special perk is you get everything a day ahead of time.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #3

Even the hourly activities? How are people in Japan able to do them then?Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for your reply!

Popogeejo
Old 09-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

The hourlies DON'T happen at the same time as the American accounts do. If you are wanting to do the hourlies you will have to stay up quite late. On the Eastern Standard Time, particularly. If there is an event at 4 in the afternoon Asian time, that is 2 in the morning in America. On the plus side of things, you might catch those night ones that you would miss on the American accounts. Those ones, like the ones at 9:00 is actually 7:00 in the morning Eastern (like Toronto or New York time) 10:00 at night is 8:00 Eastern. The midnight wishes you can do at 10:00 AM EST. The all day events, like the ones that start at 6:00 in the morning and run till midnight? Those you can do at 4:00 in the afternoon already. So you aren't completely left to twist in the wind with nothing to do. If you are a night owl and hate when the American accounts shutdown for that time period of maintenance at 2:00 AM, no worries, they don't have a shutdown time.
The only thing is that European and American maintenance affects the scheduled rares that Arte offers, every time those accounts reset at midnight it affects Arte's offering. That's why, sometimes, there is SUCH a rush on at 2 PM KT in Asia. If there is a scheduled rare at that time, we have ONLY two minutes to get that rare and beetle out before the American/Euro resets the offer. We have only had once, that I have seen, a back-to back rare offer of THREE rares. Two at the two minutes Grab and Dash and another on the reset for the remainder of that hour. That's why you will see on that notification bar above you, Rare for 2 Mins ONLY at 2 PM KT. You have to be logging in and that quick to get that rare. The downside of this is, unlike the European Rare determining what the American rare will be, Asian rare is what it is. It is catch as catch can and you get whatever he's offering. We had NO idea last night that Arte was offering the Aztec Artisan's toybox, but we were there to catch it at 2:02 PM. How lucky is THAT? I don't imagine there are TOO many people who actually have that item in their rooms right now, so it really is worth something!
Ok...now that I have written you a HUGE long explanation about this, you should REALLY check out Mathmom2's AWESOME thread about EVERYTHING you want to know about rares, including how to have TWO windows open at the same time to make leaf and clicky catching more productive. Here is that link. Explore and ....we'll see YOU on the Darkside!!!
---> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l-t318183.html <---
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Everything runs on whatever time zone for which it is set. So you will miss some things on an Asian account but you will gain some things too - early notifications & like Dixie said, rare access sometimes.

There are pros and cons but I think having 1 account on each time zone (or at least a US and Asian) is a good thing if you have lots of pets.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #6

Thanks Dixiecup for the great information & the link! I'll have to think about whether or not to open an Asian account. I'm an early to bed, early to rise person whenever I can be. Missing rares wouldn't bother me (I can get them whenever they show up on my American acct), but missing hourlies might! I did think it might be nice to have an extra day of leaf & snowflake clicking...especially if it turns out like this Fall Festival!Click the image to open in full size.

Congratulation on getting the Aztec Artisan's toybox! I want the entire theme!

Popogeejo
Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
Call me Tully

Tullylover97 has disabled reputation

well there are some perks is like when it is day for the american one it is night on the asian one and at night is when more leaves come
Tullylover97 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #8

Thanks smitchell for the advice! I have about 100 pets (but only 14 adopted so far...waiting for POM). I just thought since I would eventually have to open another acct, why not take advantage of opening one now?Click the image to open in full size.I have 2 bullfrogs (my first adoption) & another one I bought just in case something happened to my first stuffed animal. I'm very partial to him (Jeremiah) because he was my first Webkinz & because of his contagious smile! I thought if something ever happened to him I would be very sad so I bought another one this month when they came out in the stores again. I thought it would be kinda cool to have him open 2 accounts!!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Oh, so do I Popogeejo! You know, you might benefit more from having a European account. That one is kinda in the middle and you can still do lot of the hourlies, just a little ahead of us and still within reason as far as your Dailies go. 3:00 PM In the Afternoon is 10 in the morning, EST. So you are starting your hourlies a good 5 hours ahead of what you would in the American accounts. That one is actually a nice middle of the road account to have.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #10

Thanks Tullylover! I was thinking about that too! I was able to catch a few leaves that first morning on my American acct because I'm usually up between 3AM & 4AM CT. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay on too long because I had to help the kids get ready for school.

Good luck with your leaf catching!

---------- popogeejo added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

Thanks again Dixiecup! I can see I'll have to give this decision some more thought!!

Last edited by popogeejo; 09-20-2008 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed