Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
criagirl
Gifted

cria defies all odds
cria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all odds

Default Re: Anyone know how to store excess clothing?

One more item: The dance studio locker only takes up one square and also holds 6 items. I just wish we could label the "closets" to help us remember what was in each one! good luck!
cria is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Webkinz :)
babygirl's_mom is a jewel in the roughbabygirl's_mom is a jewel in the rough

Similar to the blue book box is the Dance Studio Locker (not the regular "Locker"). I started out using the Rattan Toy Boxes (for the low price), but quickly ran out of room. I decided to use the lockers, because they hold 6 items and only take up one square. So, it works out to 12 items in the same 2-square area as a toy box or dresser. They do have a similar problem as the blue book box, though. Occasionally there is an item that just "won't fit", so I do still have a couple of Rattan Toy Boxes to use for those few items. One that comes to mind is a Kinzville Academy gym uniform (Recess) item.
Also, I have no idea how I got it anymore, but I have a Vortex Storage Unit that uses only one square and stores ten items. I wish I had a room full of those!
babygirl's_mom is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
iamawackywinner2

gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button
gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button

I use karenpd's recommendation. They work great and as she said they don't take up as much room so you can use more boxes. I have not tried the clothing for each pet. I had a concern that they might disappear. I really like that idea so I will do that too. Thank you Ritzcracker.
gomommu41 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Glad I came and read your posts

I hadn't noticed the blue "book" box understood book meant book - might be changing some rattan boxes for the blue boxes soon - have rooms and rooms of the rattan boxes (I keep everything "special)

btw I usually use the orange or creamy vanilla - holds 6 items not 8 like the rock and roll one BUT cheaper and we all know saving KC is a must

just glad this week got some free fridges - hippos and the ice room ones from WKN
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #15

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

When I just went to check the names of some of the items in the WShop, I saw that the Creamy Vanilla Dresser is going to be on sale at 3:00 this afternoon.

All of the one-square items mentioned by others, above, are in the Storage section of the WShop. The "orange" dresser is called "Tangerine" in the Shop. One dresser not yet mentioned is the Blue-Striped Dresser. As others have already mentioned, the blue book box is the best value for the money and space, and I have a lot of them, as well as the rattan boxes.

I find that getting some of the other dressers for a specific purpose helps me to remember what's in them (e.g., Blue-Striped for boy's clothes and Creamy Vanilla for dresses). For that reason, I used the Cubby Hole Cabinet (which holds only 6 items and takes up 2 spaces) to store Academy clothes in a classroom. I did not know about the Dance Studio Locker. I'm going to trade in my Cubby Hole Cabinet for a locker, which is also appropriate for a school, and save some space. Thank you Cria and Babygirl's_mom!

The wonderful Vortex Storage Unit is a retired and much-missed Exclusive Item.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

We made walk-in closets and, like karenpd (#7), used the blue book boxes and put a few other kinds in another room. Always keep an eye on what is on sale when buying items like this, sometimes something
you would rule out turns out better with the sale price (cost/item/block).

Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I have used both the blue book box and the rattan toy box. I know the blue storage box takes only one space but you still have to allow room for your pet to be able to open them. Right now the rattan toy box is on sale and it holds most anything. I think the new clothes rack from the wish factory also holds items but I am not positive.

When I store things I try to group like items together in the closet room.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #18

peckok567 is just really nicepeckok567 is just really nice

i reccomend this !i say you should make a whole closet i did it i love it you could come to my form you could tell me a budget and it will looke fantastic before you concider not doing this think agian and come to my wesite ! thanks again!
peckok567 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #19

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

I agree with karenpd, I use the blue sky box, because it holds 6 items per floor square. Lots of things fit in it and it'll clear your dock out a lot. Too bad nothing holds posters and the kinz crew plushies.

For me, it's about how much I can store in as little space as possible...cost doesn't matter.
Beautykinz is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
mimigent

mimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledgemimigent flows towards the sea of knowledge

Wow what good ideas all of you have given me! I'm going to try and work on a plan before I just start putting stuff away. It would be very nice to know where it all is when I might need it. I think I'll try and figure out some storage plan for my excess furniture and toys also. Kinz cash is really not a factor because I only have one account and a few pets and mostly play games, so I have more Kinz cash than I could possibly spend in years. Like more than a million.
mimigent is offline Female
Closed