Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Furbyamy
Webkinz :)

AmyR33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Anyone else having problems with the Kinzville Academy?

I keep having problems with some of the classes not working right. See the other problems too is both mine and mom's computers keep getting hacked and are loaded with so much viruses and spyware. So, I guess some of that could be causing problems too, not sure.
But I've already finished the class, and it freezes at a screen that says Please wait, and then if I close out the browser, it thinks I left the class and then fails me, even though I did just finish the class.

What should I do about this problem? Since I'm not a technician, I have no idea what I need to do.
Also, one of my friends is helping me too with reformatting the hard drive on my computer.
Question is that do we need to have AOL browser or anything for Webkinz?
Because I notice when I log in to webkinz, in the address bar, it changes the link to say aol inside the address after I go to www.webkinz.com
and then I click on log in and it brings up another window and changes the address to some long thing and aol is part of the thing it says in the address. So, before deleting the browser or AIM or anything like that, I wanted to make sure?
:gr::acs::rbt::rdr::ppony:
AmyR33 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 
Default Re: Anyone else having problems with the Kinzville Academy?

I don't have a clue about AOL, but you definitely need better protection on your computers if you are being hacked and plagued with viruses all the time. Security isn't an option, because if you don't do that it will just happen all over again. Make sure that your mom knows that should be your first priority then after you finish with what you are doing if it still doesn't work correctly you may need to take it to the shop. Good luck and I hope your problems clear up soon.

---------- Ergoiam added 4 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

The only other thing that I can suggest is to clear your cache. And as far as the classes go ... I find that it works more often than not for me if I wait and let Miss Cowoline finish her little speech. And welcome to WI you have found a really great site.

Last edited by Ergoiam; 03-13-2009 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
ife wanted me 2 be a

Adigo is on a distinguished road

Yes, that usually happens to me when I try to do the Academy at a congested hour in Webkinz (usually on Saturdays and Sundays, since is when the most traffic occurs in WW) I wait a lot until either the "please wait" sign goes away or Ms. Cowoline appears telling me that it is OK.

I don't believe it is a virus, since my computer is very well protected.

Hope it helps!
Adigo is offline Male
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

i haven't been on the Academy in a long time because i was getting really low in KC that i couldn't afford it for awhile! maybe i'll try going in today..
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
HRS-saveAbunnyLife

hazelcorey is on a distinguished road

I am waiting now after completing a level 9 language class... It has said Please Wait for 10 minutes. I have had this happen multiple times when going into the tournament area in the past day or two. But if it happens there, I can just logout and not worry about not getting credit for my class.

You should worry about getting viruses on your computer. Invest in a decent virus protection program!

Regarding the URL, which might look something like:

http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=0

An address like this normally means that the webserver on the Webkinz side is checking to see if you are using AOL. You aren't, so the value for AOL is set to 0. If you were using AOL, it would probably have aol=1 and something special would be done on the webkinz side.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of security do yo have on your computer ? MacAfee? Norton? maybe yours needs updated or something isn't turned on...
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
Gift Guru

bonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guide

I haven't had problems in the acedemy for awhile except for the occassional glitch where the model doesn't come out.

Are you trying to run WW from AOL? In other words do you open AOL first, then go to WW from that window? If so, you may want to run WW directily from IE or Fiefox (in other words, run them from your desktop, not through AOL). That may help.
Closed