Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
i am the best
Webkinz :)

hollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: is anyone else having this prob?

Whenever i go to modify [edit] a certain post, it only says quote next to where the modify button should be. liek when i am on my avril lavigne fanclub thread, i want to click modify so i can add more members to the first post, but yaa..... that button isn't there. do any of the mods. know why? when i'm on any random thread, there is soemtiems a modify button and sometimes there is just a quote button next to my post. i am very confused as to why this is happening. [i would really like to add the 3 members who want to join the fanclub]

---------- hollistergirl475 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

like this post above! it only has the quote button!

---------- hollistergirl475 added 10 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

anyone????? is this happening to you?

Last edited by hollistergirl475; 06-02-2008 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
hollistergirl475 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
saminwunderland

Samcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to all

Default Re: is anyone else having this prob?

are you sure you are editing your own post becuz you cant edit other people's posts
Samcassie97 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
i am the best

hollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to behold

yes, i am 100% sure i am trying to edit my own post.
hollistergirl475 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
FireClan

You have to be gifted to edit your posts.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
Fo show
Gifted

Chantili will become famous soon enough

I have wondered the same thing. I guess I just don't see why members have to be in the "gifted" group to be able to edit their own posts...

I have had several posts that I wanted to edit as well... but couldn't. oh well...
Chantili is offline Female
Old 06-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Woo Hoo! I'm a
Gift Guru

bamboopanda is a jewel in the roughbamboopanda is a jewel in the rough

Unless you are posting in the Head to the Pollz section, you must be at least a Gift Trianee to be able to edit your posts. Lil Kinz and Webkinz do not have the ability to edit posts unless it is in the Pollz section.
bamboopanda is offline Female
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I have wondered the same thing. I totally understand the rules for being gifted and think it does insure a more secure trading.
However, I have been on many different types of forums and this is the first I have ever seen where you have to be in a select group just to edit your own post. That just seems very odd to me. And well honestly..a little silly.
*hopes that disagreeing with certain things will not impact gift trainee status at all*
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
LovePuppy101

To edit your posts, you have to either be a Gift Trainee, Gifted, Gift Coach, and ect. If you are a webkinz or lil kink, you can only edit your posts on the "Head to the Pollz" section of Webkinz Insider.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
FireClan

The only reason that only Gifted people can edit their posts is because they will need to edit them in the GE.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
Fo show
Gifted

Chantili will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by blessedx5
I have wondered the same thing. I totally understand the rules for being gifted and think it does insure a more secure trading.
However, I have been on many different types of forums and this is the first I have ever seen where you have to be in a select group just to edit your own post. That just seems very odd to me. And well honestly..a little silly.
*hopes that disagreeing with certain things will not impact gift trainee status at all*
This is my thought... but how does being able to edit your post affect trades??

Given that there are many duplicated posts, or automerged posts, (because people can't edit theirs.. or at least us little people...lol), I think it would be beneficial to allow everyone to edit their posts to either fix errors, revise a statement, etc, etc.......

I know every forum has their rules, but I think the edit thing is one of those rules that just really gets to me... I guess because I hate to see something in my post that say, I misspelled, or wrote the wrong thing, and I can't fix it... It makes me feel dumb!! lol

OK, enough complaining for me... lol
Chantili is offline Female
Closed