Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
auntjudi
Webkinz :)

jamb53 is just really nicejamb53 is just really nice

Default Unanswered: Anyone access WW on a netbook?

I recently purchased a Netbook (10" mini laptop). One of the things I thought it would be great for is keeping up with WW while traveling. I also thought it would be great to have an extra computer in the house so all of my nieces could be on their accounts at the same time when they come to visit.

Well, the first time I tried to log onto WW I discovered a BIG problem. The screen is small so you can't see the entire page without scrolling down. WW doesn't have a scroll bar, so there is no way to access anything on the WW main page because "Today's Activities" tab is below the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else discover this problem? If so, have you found a way to make it work?

Thanks in advance for any help.
jamb53 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Woohoo!

glitzlover is a splendid one to beholdglitzlover is a splendid one to beholdglitzlover is a splendid one to beholdglitzlover is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Anyone access WW on a netbook?

Lol I have one of those and sadly I do have the same problem. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you but to go on a bigger computer like I am but Idk if you have one. Sorry
glitzlover is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I have a mini netbook too! You can't go on Webkinz World with it, unfortunately. Only bigger computers or laptops will be able to access Webkinz World. You can try logging in for the boxes (like the Halloween one). You can try clicking "View" and then "Full Screen". I don't think that's work well though... oh well, you can still go on Webkinz Insider at least!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
auntjudi

View Post Originally Posted by glitzlover
Lol I have one of those and sadly I do have the same problem. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you but to go on a bigger computer like I am but Idk if you have one. Sorry
I've got 3 other computers and laptops that I can easily use to log into WW. I just really want to also be able to use the Netbook for access WW. Surely Ganz has thought of this.
jamb53 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Yes you can!!!

I have set mine up to do it

Let me get the instructions.....

Here an easy solution that works! Install Firefox 3.

1) Install Mozilla Firefox 3:

2) Copy and paste the webkinz application address below, directly in the address bar:
http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go= ... aol=0&fs=0

3) Save a bookmark to the site.

4) Select View/Full Screen from the Firefox menu bar.

5) Login

With Firefox 3 you'll have a vertical scroll bar at the side to so you can see all of the screen as needed.

Last edited by canonymous; 11-02-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Mariel's way should work - if not, I'm sure canonymous has a way to do it like they just said above. But I'm pretty sure it's possible.
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
auntjudi

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
Yes you can!!!

I have set mine up to do it
Let me get the instructions.....
Here an easy solution that works! Install Firefox 3.

1) Install Mozilla Firefox 3:
2) Copy and paste the webkinz application address below, directly in the address bar:
http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go= ... aol=0&fs=0

3) Save a bookmark to the site.
4) Select View/Full Screen from the Firefox menu bar.
5) Login

With Firefox 3 you'll have a vertical scroll bar at the side to so you can see all of the screen as needed.
Thanks for your help. I prefer not to install Firefox so I'll hold off and see if anyone can offer help using IE. It's not necessary for me to use the netbook I just thought it be be nice. This is something that Ganz really should address as more and more people are acquiring smaller computers.
jamb53 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by jamb53
Thanks for your help. I prefer not to install Firefox so I'll hold off and see if anyone can offer help using IE. It's not necessary for me to use the netbook I just thought it be be nice. This is something that Ganz really should address as more and more people are acquiring smaller computers.
I suggest you contact Ganz. I don't think there is a way to do it with IE.

Just by the way, FF is an excellent browser and less susceptible to viruses than IE

I have been using it for years
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
susaninvt is on a distinguished road

I do! But I don't think I have advice you can use if you want to stay with IE.

Firefox was also problematic on my netbook (Acer)--the scrollbar would only work when first loading and then would freeze every single time. I dowloaded Google Chrome (which is so much better than IE, in my opinion, and similar to Firefox) and when I use the "full screen" option (F11), I have no problems at all with Webkinz, in any area.

Good luck finding a solution!
susaninvt is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
auntjudi

View Post Originally Posted by susaninvt
I do! But I don't think I have advice you can use if you want to stay with IE.

Firefox was also problematic on my netbook (Acer)--the scrollbar would only work when first loading and then would freeze every single time. I dowloaded Google Chrome (which is so much better than IE, in my opinion, and similar to Firefox) and when I use the "full screen" option (F11), I have no problems at all with Webkinz, in any area.

Good luck finding a solution!
Thanks for the suggestion. I may have to breakdown and give Firefox or Google Chrome a try. I just wish there was some other way around this.
jamb53 is offline Female
Closed