Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

margiemmcc is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Any Virus attacks lately??

Just thought I would ask if any of you have had problems with viruses on the ebkinz web site? A friend said that she was on her lap top last night and JUST did her Webkinz account. This morning her husband said that their virus scan picked up a lot of viruses?

I told her I"ve never had ANY problems. I wondered if maybe someone else was on the laptop (before or after her) surfing the web. I think Ganz is really careful with their website.

Unless I hear other wise...I am going to assume that Ganz is a very safe site!

Happy Halloween! ~ Margie Click the image to open in full size.
margiemmcc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
ow I'm blonde and
Gifted

penguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Any Virus attacks lately??

So far, I have not had a problem, but everyday I update my anti-virus software
penguinpal93 is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #3

View Post Originally Posted by penguinpal93
So far, I have not had a problem, but everyday I update my anti-virus software
Thanks penguinpal93,

I"m glad to hear you haven't had any problems either.

Thanks again for your input! Margie
Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I've been using Webkinz for a while, and my virus scan has been picking up nothing. Not even a cookie or something minor. These viruses were probably put on the computer earlier by other sites. Some viruses take a while to activate, so even though she was only on Webkinz last night, it still could be from another site.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I've been using Webkinz for a while, and my virus scan has been picking up nothing. Not even a cookie or something minor. These viruses were probably put on the computer earlier by other sites. Some viruses take a while to activate, so even though she was only on Webkinz last night, it still could be from another site.
Thanks for the reassurance lillypad,

That's kind of what I was thinking..but didn't know for sure. I just know that I haven't had any problems.

You've been a ebkinz player a lot longer than I have so if you are still not having any problems I think her viruses must have come from another source. I will pass on the information to my friend today at work.

I appreciate your response ~ Margie Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

no viruses even though i dont use a laptop beacuse i dont have one(my parents say i have to wait till highschool :C )

it just takes a couple of minutes longer to load WW

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

i joined webkinz March,11,2007- im experienced

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 10-23-2008 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
no viruses even though i dont use a laptop beacuse i dont have one(my parents say i have to wait till highschool :C )

it just takes a couple of minutes longer to load WW

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

i joined webkinz March,11,2007- im experienced
Thanks for sharing lizzyxwebkinz!

Looks like no one else has had a problem. That's good to hear.

I prefer to use the regular keyboard; those laptop keys are tooooo cramped!

Happy eekend to you ~ Margie Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

My computer has a virus I have not compleated the scan yet though!
hmm I would be very shoked if it came from ganz becuase if I was gonna hack in to a large website I (bit that I would ever hack btw) would choose somethign bigger like myspace.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
My computer has a virus I have not compleated the scan yet though!
hmm I would be very shoked if it came from ganz becuase if I was gonna hack in to a large website I (bit that I would ever hack btw) would choose somethign bigger like myspace.
Hi minimaid,

So how did your virus check turn out?

Did you see the new monster on estore this weekend? Really a cute little guy.

Thanks for replying ~ Margie Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I am gonna start it before I go to bed tonight!
aww I love the monster I wish I wasnt againt the estore!
minimaid is offline Female
Closed