Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Any quick stretches to relieve neck pain? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/any-quick-stretches-relieve-neck-pain-713845/)

Amygirl809-10-2011 06:58 PM

Any quick stretches to relieve neck pain?

I've been sitting at my desk doing homework for 4 or 5 hours (and no, I'm nowhere near done yet :wallbash:) and my neck is starting to hurt. BAD. I know I'm supposed to take breaks every so often to stretch, and I do every hour or two, but it's killing me. I can't leave it until tomorrow because I still have other homework left to do and I want to have some free time this weekend.

Anyways, any stretches? I've been streching all I can but it's not helping :-\
Thanks in advance.

zacspet09-10-2011 07:00 PM

Re: Any quick stretches to relieve neck pain?

Hmm, try moving your neck around and sot of lightly punching the back of your neck :).
It always works for me ;).

Amygirl809-10-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacspet (Post 24727449)
Hmm, try moving your neck around and sot of lightly punching the back of your neck :).
It always works for me ;).

Thanks, it helped a bit :bow:

zacspet09-10-2011 07:03 PM

Sometimes if you feel a pain in your neck, pushing on it to make it hurt actually makes it hurt less, too ;).

luv2writeNS09-10-2011 07:23 PM

I don't really know any stretches, but if you put a hot water bottle on it, or one of those rice-filled things you heat up in the microwave, that might help. :) Or find a muscle rub, that might help. :) Good luck, I hope you feel better. ^.^

Sage1109-10-2011 07:33 PM

Roll your neck around a little bit. maybe lay down a bit. And rest your neck. That happens all the time to me. Just take a break. :) hope this helps

cg7gg09-10-2011 07:50 PM

Do some neck massages. Also roll your neck around like Sage said. Take a quick nap also. Lay your head on a pillow firmly on your chair if you need to. hope this helps :)

karenpd09-10-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage11 (Post 24727938)
Roll your neck around a little bit. maybe lay down a bit. And rest your neck. That happens all the time to me. Just take a break. :) hope this helps

I agree roll your neck forward also get up and stretch. Your eyes have to be tired too with that much work... just for future reference, When you have been looking at a screen all day look around and try to focus on something far away. Good Job doing your HW all that time. Keep up the good work!!!

Amygirl809-11-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenpd (Post 24730999)
I agree roll your neck forward also get up and stretch. Your eyes have to be tired too with that much work... just for future reference, When you have been looking at a screen all day look around and try to focus on something far away. Good Job doing your HW all that time. Keep up the good work!!!

I haven't been working on a screen, though. I was doing it on paper :2funny: