Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber
Question Answered: Any kangaroo experts out there?

I have a Tree Kangaroo I would like to name in honor of the type it is. However, I can't seem to figure out which type it represents. I know it's supposed to be generic, but I can't figure out if looks more like a Goodfellow's, Huon, or a Matschie. I'm thinking of the latter, but I want other opinions.
big2gray is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Desty
Never fear! Desty:Tree Kangaroo Expert here!! lol
After careful research (Google), I conclude that it is a Matschie's Tree Kangaroo. (maybe)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
trg407
Webkinz :)

ShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to all

Default Re: Any kangaroo experts out there?

What do you mean by type because the tree kangaroo is real
Click the image to open in full size.
This would be the type...
ShadowRose07 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #3

Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

I am not a kangaroo expert, but I looked at some pictures of different species and wondered if you had considered the Golden-mantled tree kangaroo?

Edited to add that the picture posted above by someone else is of the Golden-mantled tree kangaroo so you can see what you think of that one.

Last edited by Margo; 02-25-2010 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: to add information
Margo is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think the Matschie's is actually a closer match. Goodfellows seems to have a mask and the Huon seems a bit patchy-er.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
trg407

ShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to allShadowRose07 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Margo
I am not a kangaroo expert, but I looked at some pictures of different species and wondered if you had considered the Golden-mantled tree kangaroo?

Edited to add that the picture posted above by someone else is of the Golden-mantled tree kangaroo so you can see what you think of that one.
ok it is the golden mantled! well it is the closest i can find...
ShadowRose07 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Never fear! Desty:Tree Kangaroo Expert here!! lol
After careful research (Google), I conclude that it is a Matschie's Tree Kangaroo. (maybe)
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

Well, it seems that Matschie's is the best one. Thanks to all of you who helped!
big2gray is offline Female
Closed