Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #21
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 
Default Re: AntiSpymaster program auto running on WI?

View Post Originally Posted by Floridasun
Florida & Kelly do you use McAfee (Florida - in addition to Trend) and or Comcast? Just looking for a common thread here.
No, I do not use McAfee. Only Trend and LavaSoft Ad Aware. But Comcast is my provider.

Each time it happened to me, it was when I clicked on the Forums on the top row menu.[/quote]

Comcast is my provider as well and like Florida, it only happens when I am on this site.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #22
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

This hasn't happened to me . . .
So I'm really not sure, but you should probably scan it if you haven't already.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #23
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I just had a thought about this. Yesterday, everytime I tried to click the forum button at the top of the page the add would open up. I was definately clicking corectly, but it was as if the add got in the way some how. I can't remember which add was at the top of the page when the spyware thing came up, but I wonder if it is related.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #24
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
That's exactly what I have been experiencing to the T!

I will try that again right away, wondering why it's happening to others who are on here also?

Florida & Kelly do you use McAfee (Florida - in addition to Trend) and or Comcast? Just looking for a common thread here.

I use McAfee... we have Verizon, not comcast..

This ONLY happens on this site.

And our "family desktop"... I NEVER use for webkinz.. I'm never even on that.. I use my laptop or the computer I built my son... and THESE are the computers affected...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #25
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I just had a thought about this. Yesterday, everytime I tried to click the forum button at the top of the page the add would open up. I was definately clicking corectly, but it was as if the add got in the way some how. I can't remember which add was at the top of the page when the spyware thing came up, but I wonder if it is related.
So far our common denominators are Comcast and clicking on the Forum at the top of the page. I honestly don't pay attention to the ads.

I am running a McAfee virus scan on that computer right now (it's been running for 1 1/2 hours!) So far it hasn't detected anything. From the Google-ing I've done, a few places said that neither McAfee or Norton 2008 detected it - so it won't even necessarily show up in your program files. I am SURE that WI does all that is necessary to prevent these types of things from happening, it just does seem odd that several people are experiencing the same thing.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #26

Donation Award 

and, I'm not computer illiterate.. I have built my sons.. I know how to virus scan, spy scan etc...

it only happens whenever I have WI open.. otherwise I NEVER receive these pop unders and windows just popping up..

My computers are virus scanned and spy scanned everyday.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #27
I want to be a
Webkinz :)

Melia is on a distinguished road

If WI runs banner ads and such, it's probably coming in on one of those. It's quite common for that to happen. Try to keep an eye out for which ads are showing up when it pops up, then report them so the WI staff can block them (or talk to whoever they get their ads from; most ad companies will block it also).
Melia is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #28
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
I use McAfee... we have Verizon, not comcast..

This ONLY happens on this site.

And our "family desktop"... I NEVER use for webkinz.. I'm never even on that.. I use my laptop or the computer I built my son... and THESE are the computers affected...
Ok so scratch Comcast, and forum searching...

It just happened again on my daughter's laptop that I am currently on. I was attempting to modify my post because I noticed you posted your ISP and it showed up again.

I am sure you have GOT to be computer literate to be able to build one !!!!!

...I would guess that means it's not my system either since I am on a different laptop now... two totally different computers, same problem ? ? ?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #29

Donation Award 

LOL... Ya, that was a big hobby to take on

But it is only happening here.. for our 2 that access this
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #30
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
LOL... Ya, that was a big hobby to take on

But it is only happening here.. for our 2 that access this
I don't ever use our desktop for WW or WI either. Its 'all the way down in the basement...' LOL! The laptops are just so much more convenient

I'd say it's a big hobby! Between WW, WI, building computers...and oh throwing kids into the mix - you are one busy gal!

---------- kayembee added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Melia
If WI runs banner ads and such, it's probably coming in on one of those. It's quite common for that to happen. Try to keep an eye out for which ads are showing up when it pops up, then report them so the WI staff can block them (or talk to whoever they get their ads from; most ad companies will block it also).
Seems like that has caused problems before. Unfortunately the last two times it happened there was nothing in sight, like I said the last one was just a few minutes ago while I was trying to modify a post ???

Last edited by kayembee; 10-14-2008 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed