Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #11
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: AntiSpymaster program auto running on WI?

ZOMG! Same here, FIA, I'm trying to reach the Forum, and it randomly pops up and takes me off of my page! It's frusterating! I have pop up blocker and I have Mc Afee too... UGH, this is so frusterating... plus I can't download anything right now...
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
I just had that pop "under" this morning...

NEVER had anything like that happen before... I Xed off it, and another window popped up saying it was scanning my computer

Odd ad

---------- kellyschrvr added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

I actually got it AGAIN... it opened the window up by itself this time, without me even clicking anything...

---------- kellyschrvr added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

and this only happens on WI...
That's exactly what I have been experiencing to the T!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
WI does not have any pop ups (or pop unders). Please run a virus scan on your system right away. It sounds like whatever you are getting is coming from your system. That's why your pop up blocker isn't working. This isn't really a pop up, it's just disguised to look like one so you won't think to check your system.
I will try that again right away, wondering why it's happening to others who are on here also?

Florida & Kelly do you use McAfee (Florida - in addition to Trend) and or Comcast? Just looking for a common thread here.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #13
Pixie is
Gifted

GardenCat will become famous soon enough

Please Please Please! Do *not* click OK on that. "AntiSpywareMaster" will not detect any spyware on your system. It is actually spyware itself. Google the name, and you'll see link after link for sites helping to get rid of this thing.

Get a good antivirus program and a good spyware detector, and run them. Keep them updated and run them regularly

---------- GardenCat added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

I should add -- these things can be difficult to get rid of. My mom was infected with "WinXP Antivirus" (another spyware thing, *not* antivirus software at all) and it took a while and a lot of work to get rid of. If you look at removal sites, and they mention going into the registry, and you've never been in the registry before, please stop what you're doing and get help from someone who knows computers If you make even one small mistake in the Windows registry, you can ruin your entire operating system.

Last edited by GardenCat; 10-14-2008 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #14
for trades
Gift Guru

Blueeyes2007 will become famous soon enough

My suggestion to you is download firefox
I user Internet Explorer & the same thing happened to me
It was so bad I couldn't even log on without a massive amount of pop ups
I downloaded firefox by Mozilla & problem solved
Blueeyes2007 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #15
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by GardenCat
Please Please Please! Do *not* click OK on that. "AntiSpywareMaster" will not detect any spyware on your system. It is actually spyware itself. Google the name, and you'll see link after link for sites helping to get rid of this thing.

Get a good antivirus program and a good spyware detector, and run them. Keep them updated and run them regularly

---------- GardenCat added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

I should add -- these things can be difficult to get rid of. My mom was infected with "WinXP Antivirus" (another spyware thing, *not* antivirus software at all) and it took a while and a lot of work to get rid of. If you look at removal sites, and they mention going into the registry, and you've never been in the registry before, please stop what you're doing and get help from someone who knows computers If you make even one small mistake in the Windows registry, you can ruin your entire operating system.
Thanks, I did google it from another computer while my lap top is running a scan. Your right there are many lsitings regading this - just not sure which one would be trustworthy ? ?
kayembee is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #16
I <33 you
Webkinz :)

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

Okay, i didn't go on WI for about a month because of this. I was so scared and I just couldn't stand it if I lost my laptop. My daddy is a computer geek and so he looked at it because i was complaining of it running SUPER slow and it putting up a message and I had to X out of it completely to get it to go away. So Daddy bought Norton and did a scan a i had.....drumroll please......38 spy things of spywear, 3 trogan horses, 2 worms, and 1 virus. DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARY THAT IS?!?!?!? Im sure you do....but still. I told daddy I wouldn't go on WI anymore, but I do. And i really dont want any more viruses but I want ot go on WI too. Daddy says that out of all the websites I got to WI is the ONLY possible source. So just be careful.
gracie503 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #17
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

It's been happening to me too. If we all have the same program coming up when we are on this site, it HAS to be related. In never happens to me on any other site. I'm not saying the WI staff has done this intentionally, but it should be checked out.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #18
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I will confirm that this is NOT a pup-up or pop-under, it is a malicious program. My in-laws had it on their computer and it got to the point they couldn't do ANYTHING. They had to take the computer to Best Buy to get it fixed.

If this is happening to you get a reputable Security program (Norton, McAfee) and run it NOW. If it cannot fix the problem you might need professional help. DO NOT just pick some random program off the internet, as a lot of the "fixes" are worse than the original problem.
msclockart is offline Male
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #19
Rock Lee pwns

INDiGO SHOCK is on a distinguished road

i had something like that happen once. some viruses are so clever, they look like message boxes from your computer. i got one once (not from this site) that said something like,
Download program .....something,
and then the buttons under it said
Yes, No, and Cancel. i clicked cancel and it started downloading. whatever you clicked it gave your compy the virus. thankfully our Avast! antivirus found it and said "adware has been found, would you like to termintate it? i clicked yes really fast. for all you people out there with virus problems, Avast! antivirus is REALLY GOOD IT HAS SAVED OUR COMPUTER- WE HAVE NO VIRUSES AT ALL!
u should check it out!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #20
Floridasun is an unknown quantity at this point

Florida & Kelly do you use McAfee (Florida - in addition to Trend) and or Comcast? Just looking for a common thread here.[/quote]

No, I do not use McAfee. Only Trend and LavaSoft Ad Aware. But Comcast is my provider.

Each time it happened to me, it was when I clicked on the Forums on the top row menu.
Floridasun is offline Female
Closed