Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Unanswered: Another virus?

This has happened to me twice. I am no longer having problems with the virus in WI (thank you, Justin!), and a new security system was recently added to my computer, but I am having trouble with something else. In the WIGEV, yesterday, I was in the Picture gallery for PSIs, at about 6:30 AM EST and the page disappeared, a warning popped up about "your computer shows signs of malicious spyware, etc." and in its place was the "fake scan". Here is the link of the fake scan: http://91.213.157.46/main.php?land=20&affid=91102

It happened again today, just now, at about 9:20, as I was browsing the WIGEV and I was in the Trading Card Item section.

Has this been happening to anyone else?
samoyeds43 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Another virus?

My computer blocked a threat from a very similar number. I have that one posted in another post in this section, 'Administrator Help Please'. My computer just boots me off though. My anti-virus program showed that it had blocked a real threat.

Last edited by Desty; 04-25-2010 at 08:46 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Webkinz :)
 
kinznewbie's Avatar
kinznewbie is a glorious beacon of lightkinznewbie is a glorious beacon of lightkinznewbie is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Another virus?

It happened to me yesterday when I was reading the goober tracking thread. Freaked me out! Said trojans and malicious spyware. We have good security software on our computer, so I logged out right away and saw the computer was fine. That is when I realized it was a fake page. Good luck to you and glad it did not give ya cooties!
kinznewbie is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Webkinz :)
 
Beautykinz's Avatar
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

Default Re: Another virus?

I've had that happen to me about 5 times now in the past week. There is an old thread about it and according to FIA it is an ad one of their advertisers put in. She says to notice the ads running when it pops up and Justin will work on getting it out. For me, the common ad is assurance wireless. I've flagged my posts and left messages for Justin, but I guess it is hard to stop.

Here's the thread:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...op-ups-603109/

Last edited by Beautykinz; 04-25-2010 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: add thread
Beautykinz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Gifted
 
Quack Quack's Avatar

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Another virus?

Oh joy.. Thank god it didn't happen to me yet. I hope it doesn't. I guess another ad got through? I would check the link Beautykinz gave
Quack Quack is offline
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Another virus?

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
My computer blocked a threat from a very similar number. I have that one posted in another post in this section, 'Administrator Help Please'. My computer just boots me off though. My anti-virus program showed that it had blocked a real threat.
Oops-didn't see that. My anti-virus isn't picking up anything; I ran a full scan this morning for about 4 hours, and even as the scan ran, it didn't pick anything up.
Thanks for the help!
View Post Originally Posted by kinznewbie
It happened to me yesterday when I was reading the goober tracking thread. Freaked me out! Said trojans and malicious spyware. We have good security software on our computer, so I logged out right away and saw the computer was fine. That is when I realized it was a fake page. Good luck to you and glad it did not give ya cooties!
Same here-we have Microsoft Security Essentials, and it blocks just about everything...that's why I'm surprised this small thing came through.
View Post Originally Posted by Beautykinz
I've had that happen to me about 5 times now in the past week. There is an old thread about it and according to FIA it is an ad one of their advertisers put in. She says to notice the ads running when it pops up and Justin will work on getting it out. For me, the common ad is assurance wireless. I've flagged my posts and left messages for Justin, but I guess it is hard to stop.

Here's the thread:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...op-ups-603109/
Thanks for the thread; I'll go check it out. I usually don't notice the ads in the WIGEV. Also, I am WI2, so I don't see any ads on the regular WI website. It is hard to stop...
View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
Oh joy.. Thank god it didn't happen to me yet. I hope it doesn't. I guess another ad got through? I would check the link Beautykinz gave
Thanks, QuackQuack!
samoyeds43 is offline
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
 
FanofwebKatz's Avatar
FanofwebKatz is a jewel in the roughFanofwebKatz is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Another virus?

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
This has happened to me twice. I am no longer having problems with the virus in WI (thank you, Justin!), and a new security system was recently added to my computer, but I am having trouble with something else. In the WIGEV, yesterday, I was in the Picture gallery for PSIs, at about 6:30 AM EST and the page disappeared, a warning popped up about "your computer shows signs of malicious spyware, etc." and in its place was the "fake scan". Here is the link of the fake scan: http://91.213.157.46/main.php?land=20&affid=91102

It happened again today, just now, at about 9:20, as I was browsing the WIGEV and I was in the Trading Card Item section.

Has this been happening to anyone else?
Yes, it has happend to my computer a few times. A window pops up and acts as if it is trying to download it's solfware and sneak in the backdoor. I have antispyware and Norton block these attemps, but it still bothers me. I don't like this either.
FanofwebKatz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Webkinz :)
 
webkinzgranny's Avatar
webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!

Default Re: Another virus?

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
My computer blocked a threat from a very similar number. I have that one posted in another post in this section, 'Administrator Help Please'. My computer just boots me off though. My anti-virus program showed that it had blocked a real threat.

That is my thread that I posted. It also happened again last night, except this time my screen went completely black and had the same thing that is posted in the first post by samoyeds43. It's not my computer because I run antivirus scans every other day, plus they are on a regular schedule as well, and I also do disk defrags and clean ups several times a week, and clear the cache several times a week.
webkinzgranny is offline
Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
Webkinz :)
 
audi67's Avatar
audi67 has much to be proud ofaudi67 has much to be proud ofaudi67 has much to be proud ofaudi67 has much to be proud ofaudi67 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Another virus?

me too I was in the glch secshind
audi67 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
Webkinz :)
 
kinznewbie's Avatar
kinznewbie is a glorious beacon of lightkinznewbie is a glorious beacon of lightkinznewbie is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Another virus?

Just happened again as dd was looking up recipes on WI (versus WIKI). Annoying. Scared her. Thankfully she shouted for me before clicking on it.
kinznewbie is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts