Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
elcome to Eggtown
Webkinz :)

PanaBanana is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Another quick question

The eventual return of the AC flooring has got me thinking. Has there ever been a rare that has retired? I just got the fancy fountain, which is the first time I've ever seen it sold since I've been on webkinz.
PanaBanana is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Another quick question

To my knowledge the answer is No. The rares are just that, rare. Some show more frequently and some take forever. The AC floors showed for the FIRST time Saturday - who knows when the next time will be. The GEV lists all rares and when the last time they showed up in the American CS. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t141017.html

As you can see Fancy Fountain 2940* (last sold 12/23/2007)
it has been a while since the FF has been in the American CS. Technically, the value is based on that fact. It doesn't matter that it showed in the Asian CS.

Here's the perfect example:
The sofa has been in the Asian CS recently, but not the American CS since last year.
Sofa of the Nile 9100* (last sold 07/09/2007)
The Temporary Exchange Value of the Sofa of the Nile is 18,000 to 22,000.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

This is a very good question!

They officially retired the Webkinz Purple Ball Caps, that was a Curio Shop Only item and that is the only one that I am aware of being taken out of the schedules. Nothing in the "Rare" category has ever been retired.

Sometimes a rare has not appeared for nearly a full year (Hummer SUV, Medieval Curtains), but they do eventually show up again.

Fancy Fountain was only missing for about 6 months -- that length gap happens to a dozen things each year.

The following items have not been available for more than 200 days now: Grand Egyptian Column (207), Medieval Stone Column (208 ), Sacred Pyramid Flooring (225).

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 06-29-2008, 03:12 AM   #4
elcome to Eggtown

PanaBanana is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for your help!
PanaBanana is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 03:30 AM   #5
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Yeah, I don't think they ever retired a Rare, and I hope they never will, but some are very, very RARE. I haven't even seen the fountain in the curio shop before! Great eye!
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 04:00 AM   #6
swimmerwinner98

swimmerwinner98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, some rares are just rarer than others. I don't think that any rares have ever been retired.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
123Dopey
Gift Trainee

123Dopey is on a distinguished road

I was just wondering than which one is rarer?

Viking Helmet, Gladiator Helmet, Tutti-Frutti Headdress.

---------- 123Dopey added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

But which one one these are rarer?

Gladiator Helmet, Viking helmet or Tutti-Frutti Headdress?

Last edited by 123Dopey; 06-29-2008 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
123Dopey is offline Male
Old 06-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by 123Dopey
I was just wondering than which one is rarer?

Viking Helmet, Gladiator Helmet, Tutti-Frutti Headdress.

---------- 123Dopey added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

But which one one these are rarer?

Gladiator Helmet, Viking helmet or Tutti-Frutti Headdress?

They are all Curio Shop Only items, not rares. The Curio Shop only items cycle through much more quickly than the rares.

The GE values guide has them valued as
Gladiator Helmet = 1200
Viking helmet = 1066
Tutti-Frutti Headdress = 480

One could say that the higher the value the more 'rare' an item.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I doubt it but I have always thought that it would be a great idea!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
evangeline5432

evangeline5432 has a spectacular aura aboutevangeline5432 has a spectacular aura about

No I have never seen any rare retire in the time i have been on webkinz just some that are more rare and harder to get.
evangeline5432 is offline Female
Closed