Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
e can find a cure
Webkinz :)

natalie456789 is a jewel in the roughnatalie456789 is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: Animated Profile backgrounds

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to put an ANIMATED background in my avatar? When I copy and paste it into paint box or print the screen and paste, it stops being animated. I wanted a sparkley star background that flashed but when I paste it, it just becomes a solid picture and I've seen other people who have animated backgrounds. I'd appreciate any help. THanks!
natalie456789 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Default Re: Animated Profile backgrounds

Ok, first you should know a little bit about animated images...

An animated image is not purely a picture. This kind of image has layers, starting with main layer, that switches/combines with other layers to create an allusion of movement. Seems a bit confusing but I'll explain further....

Taking a screen capture: A screen capture quite literally takes a picture of your screen...so if something was animated and you took a screen capture, only the part of the animation that your computer was showing at the moment you took the screen capture would show. Starting to make sense?

Copying a Pasting an animated image to Paint: Paint can NOT handle 'Layers' so it will not be able to handle animated images...so copy and paste will fail you here.

How to get the image: I assume this is NOT a picture you can right click and save to your computer...so if not, what I would do is download this free software called GIMP. If you Google gimp, you'll see it come up with GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program...it is free and it a fantastic software that works incredibly well with layers! Infact, I used it to make my current Avvie and Siggie!

How to get the image using GIMP: Once you load up GIMP, you will be taken to a greyish screen with NO canvas on it, that is what you want. Without starting a new image, copy that animated image and paste right on to that greyish no-canvas screen. It create a new image with all the right layers in the right places! Viola, you've succesfully copied an animated image!! Note: When saving an image in GIMP, you MUST type .jpeg/.gif/.png (type of file) etc. after the name of the file....Gimp uses its own file type that does NOT communicate with any internet site, so it won't be recognized. So be sure to specify the file typ!! For regular non-animation images .png works best... For animated images you MUST, I repeat, MUST use .gif that is the ONLY file that handles animation!!

If you really don't want to get GIMP: Have you tried right clicking and 'Save to Computer'. That might just work.

Important: When saving an animated image you MUST use the file type .gif that is the ONLY file type that can handle animation!!

Hope this helps!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #3

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

I think the person above just explained it so well I can't beat it
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 05-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Graphic Making
Gift Guru

tinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
Ok, first you should know a little bit about animated images...

An animated image is not purely a picture. This kind of image has layers, starting with main layer, that switches/combines with other layers to create an allusion of movement. Seems a bit confusing but I'll explain further....

Taking a screen capture: A screen capture quite literally takes a picture of your screen...so if something was animated and you took a screen capture, only the part of the animation that your computer was showing at the moment you took the screen capture would show. Starting to make sense?

Copying a Pasting an animated image to Paint: Paint can NOT handle 'Layers' so it will not be able to handle animated images...so copy and paste will fail you here.

How to get the image: I assume this is NOT a picture you can right click and save to your computer...so if not, what I would do is download this free software called GIMP. If you Google gimp, you'll see it come up with GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program...it is free and it a fantastic software that works incredibly well with layers! Infact, I used it to make my current Avvie and Siggie!

How to get the image using GIMP: Once you load up GIMP, you will be taken to a greyish screen with NO canvas on it, that is what you want. Without starting a new image, copy that animated image and paste right on to that greyish no-canvas screen. It create a new image with all the right layers in the right places! Viola, you've succesfully copied an animated image!! Note: When saving an image in GIMP, you MUST type .jpeg/.gif/.png (type of file) etc. after the name of the file....Gimp uses its own file type that does NOT communicate with any internet site, so it won't be recognized. So be sure to specify the file typ!! For regular non-animation images .png works best... For animated images you MUST, I repeat, MUST use .gif that is the ONLY file that handles animation!!

If you really don't want to get GIMP: Have you tried right clicking and 'Save to Computer'. That might just work.

Important: When saving an animated image you MUST use the file type .gif that is the ONLY file type that can handle animation!!

Hope this helps!
Um, wow...that is awesome, lol

She's got it
tinkrulz is offline Female
Closed