Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
here's Bunny?
Webkinz :)

susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!

Default Answered: Ameriwade

I know this isn't really a WI or WW problem, but if someone could help that would be great, thanks! I hope this isn't in the wrong spot!

So, I can't really get webkinz where I live, so I suggested to my mom that she gets some off of Ameriwade for Christmas. She said no because she thinks that there will be border costs.

So are there any people here living in Canada who have bought off of Ameriwade? Did you have to pay border costs? Were there any other extra costs that you had to pay, or was it just the $5.00 shipping and the price of your product?
I have also heared that the border costs depend on the price of your murchandise. Our order will be $35.00 to $60.00 canadian.

Thanks so much! Any help is greatly appreciated!
susbrain is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Zameron
View Post Originally Posted by susbrain
Thanks Taku2, I hope so too!

Thanks, cpom! I guess the customs charges are border costs, right? Hmmm...
My mom sent an email to Robert before, but we didn't really get the information we needed. Thanks anyways!

Thank you, Ritzcracker! Well, in the quote in cpom's post, it doesn't say anything about UPS.
Yikes! $30 is way too much extra! :/

I've bought things off of ebay before, and haven't had to pay any extra fees. I hope that Ameriwade is the same!

Are there any other opinions?
The standard rule is Order under $60 usually don't have problems getting trough customes with out fees but it is not quaranteed.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #2

Taku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talent

Default Re: Ameriwade

I don't know if i can help you but i live in Germany and a friend sends me my webkinz she has to pay the webkinz and the shipping. i don't know to what amount you don't have to pay border costs and if this is really different in Canada but i think if it is a gift then you don't but idk really know... hope you can get webkinz
Taku2 is offline Female
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
hy?
Gifted

cpom defies all odds
cpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all odds

Ameriwade is currently down for site maintenance, but I saw this on there front page:

"Thanks for Checking us Out. At this time we Shipping to the USA (Priority/Fed Ex) & Canada (First Class) for a Flat Rate of $5.00 (See OUR POLICY for further information). We also Ship to the UK/GB (First Class - We are not responsible for any customs charges that might accure) ) Price Varies, Feature/Pack Codes from trading cards Shipped Free. We are working on shipping to other Countries.For any Questions, Please contact Robert@ameriwade.com"

Since the site is down right now, I can't check out what further information is listed in their policy.

You might want to send a quick note to Robert at Ameriwade to find out.

cpom is offline Female
Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #4

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

My personal experience with shipping stuff into Canada is that it depends on how it is sent. Regular mail I don't think there is a lot of extra charges, but if it is sent UPS they charge a hefty brokerage fee (we once had to pay about $30 brokerage fees as well as GST for something that was supposed to be a free warranty replacement...)
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
here's Bunny?

susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!

My mom sent an email to Robert before, but we didn't really get the information we needed. Thanks anyways!

Thank you, Ritzcracker! Well, in the quote in cpom's post, it doesn't say anything about UPS.

I've bought things off of ebay before, and haven't had to pay any extra fees. I hope that Ameriwade is the same!

Last edited by susbrain; 09-29-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #6

karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep
karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep

I think the owner of Ameriwade is on WI, so maybe look him up and ask him?
karategurl is offline Female
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Gift Guru

Zameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonderZameron wows us all with wonder

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by susbrain

The standard rule is Order under $60 usually don't have problems getting trough customes with out fees but it is not quaranteed.
Zameron is offline Male
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
here's Bunny?

View Post Originally Posted by Zameron
Okay, thanks! We decided what we would buy, and my mom said that she will definately buy from there! It's only going to be about $50. I'm so excited!

Thanks for all of your help!

I'm glad that it gives a portion of the money to WI!
Closed